Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

what the bible say about halloween

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Now Soma, you didn't think I was going to let your picture slide, did you?

Those days are gone forever and I was too young to really realize
what it all meant.....

:sad
Oh yeah, the baby boomer generation. Ideals misguided by a darker side and misguided by a bunch of reluctant, self-proclaimed, little "messiahs". You didn't miss much. About the only good thing to come out of it besides some good secular pop music was the Barry McGuires, Kerry Livgrens and Chuck Negrons of the era (ooh, lets not forget Phil Keaggy) who came to a saving knowledge of the Lord and embraced it.

Out on the road today, I saw a DEADHEAD sticker on a Cadillac
A little voice Inside my head said, "Don't look back. You can never look back."
I thought I knew what love was
What did I know?
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go

Safety factors

Just 6 mins to say that UK Halloween is nearly always foggy

& that Govt etc often warn kids not to talk to strangers

Yet on 31/10, you find 'em dressed in black - the hardest colour for drivers to see - & knocking on doors where maybe paedophiles await 'em

'Treats have been known to be spiked with drugs - inc 'date rape' drugs

When God says something is wrong, it's because it's bad for us

Must go!

Vic said:
Now Soma, you didn't think I was going to let your picture slide, did you?

Those days are gone forever and I was too young to really realize
what it all meant.....

:sad
Oh yeah, the baby boomer generation. Ideals misguided by a darker side and misguided by a bunch of reluctant, self-proclaimed, little "messiahs". You didn't miss much.
I was born in 1962, which puts me on the tail-end of that BB generation- and I gotta say, I concur wholeheartedly, though I would put it "don't feel cheated that you missed a few pearls found in that mountain of manure."

The BB generation still thinks the world revolves around it and its insane pre-occupation with self.

Vic said:
About the only good thing to come out of it besides some good secular pop music was the Barry McGuires, Kerry Livgrens and Chuck Negrons of the era (ooh, lets not forget Phil Keaggy) who came to a saving knowledge of the Lord and embraced it.
I think there was a good many things that came from the BB generation's mistakes. I've studied and considered the values and mores of the BBers, and found in them the very counterfeit of genuine biblical values and mores. Thanks to the BBers, I'm not as inclined to associate said mores and values with worldly kingdoms. Rather, I went looking for how these values have been lived out over the generations.

Vic said:
Out on the road today, I saw a DEADHEAD sticker on a Cadillac
A little voice Inside my head said, "Don't look back. You can never look back."
I thought I knew what love was
What did I know?
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go
Great song, written from the heart and mind of someone who had passed through the valley of the shadow of death, ie their forties. :lol:

And the chorus says "My love for you will still be strong after the boys of summer are gone." Let this be true of our love for the Lord, for our spouses, for friends and neighbors. For when the ideals and the excitement have faded, there only remains that which is genuine. So as October gives way to the end of all days, let our love be found to be genuine.

James
ex-Baby Boomer
presently affiliating/pledging with the cloud of witnesses

And the chorus says "My love for you will still be strong after the boys of summer are gone." Let this be true of our love for the Lord, for our spouses, for friends and neighbors. For when the ideals and the excitement have faded, there only remains that which is genuine. So as October gives way to the end of all days, let our love be found to be genuine.
With the addition of two extra teams and a wildcard series in each league in the post season, the "Boys of Summer" are now the "Boys of mid-autumn". LOL :lol:

Great post James, but consider this: since you can't change your birthdate, you will always be a "Baby boomer". :-D

Great song, written from the heart and mind of someone who had passed through the valley of the shadow of death, ie their forties.

lololol.....

Anyway, back to the Halloween topic... ;-)

I guess you cant' convince anybody on it. Unfortunately, as Lyric has shown, the whole 'we are under grace' attitude can pretty much justify anything we do these days...

For myself, I can't celebrate Halloween because I would celebrate it in it's original form and what it's very nature is all about.

It is about death, spiritualism, fear, violence, anarchy, and occultism

It is about ghosts, werewolves, serial killers, corpses, and haunted houses.

When I celebrated it, it was about getting scared and celebrating the dark side. Watching horror movies, going to 'haunted houses' and everything nasty was the best way to celebrate it...and I loved it!

(BTW, is there anybody who thinks John Carpenter's Halloween isn't THE best horror movie ever and which embodies what the day is all about? ;-))

Anybody who thinks dressing up like a 'superhero' or a 'clown' thinking they are celebrating Halloween is a poser and a wimp (from a Halloween follower's opinion ;-) ) and from a Christian opinion, it doesn't make it right, but guilty by association.

A lot of these 'saved by grace-kick out obedience' Christians love to justify compromise.

"LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! It doesn't matter what we do! We are saved by grace! Require obedience?? You legalist!"

Sounds like something our baby boomers might have done or seen in their time...they're called 'hippies'. ;-)

guibox,

once again I must say if you are so against Halloween then just dress up like a Saint and hand out Adventist books like "Steps to Christ" instead of candy.....

egw-steps_christ-un_buildin.jpg

Soma-Sight said:
Great song, written from the heart and mind of someone who had passed through the valley of the shadow of death, ie their forties.

lololol.....
Don't laugh, grasshopper. You will be there soon enough... unless we let the members here have their way with you. :lol:

;-)

Don't laugh, grasshopper. You will be there soon enough... unless we let the members here have their way with you.

I seriously wonder how they would handle a 25 year old that deadlifts 450 lbs......

Halloween is an occult "holiday" and the ultimate celebration
of Black Magick Witchcraft. Study the roots and its history.

So called "Christians" and their accepted spirit of compromise and
tolerance is exactlly what Antichrist builds on. When he steps on
the world scene, people who consider themselves to be Christian
will be pre-disposed to accept the Man of Perdition because they
have already accepted his High Holy Sabbat (Halloween).

Halloween = High Holy Sabbat of Black Magick Witchcraft

Yes it's sold under a different image in the media. Then again,
all have drunken of her wine of deception and all are mad.
Halloween is still what it is. God does not compromise to
suit the miserable understanding of man.

And "Christians" that rather believe the media should go and
call themselves Mediatians, as a little homage to honesty.

Usually my posts end on an uplifting note. This one doesn't.

Soma-Sight said:
Don't laugh, grasshopper. You will be there soon enough... unless we let the members here have their way with you.

I seriously wonder how they would handle a 25 year old that deadlifts 450 lbs......
1 Sam 17:49 And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth.
1 Sam 17:50 So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.
1 Sam 17:51 Therefore David ran, and stood upon the Philistine, and took his sword, and drew it out of the sheath thereof, and slew him, and cut off his head therewith. And when the Philistines saw their champion was dead, they fled.

:smt027

guibox said:
Anyway, back to the Halloween topic... ;-)

I guess you cant' convince anybody on it. Unfortunately, as Lyric has shown, the whole 'we are under grace' attitude can pretty much justify anything we do these days...

For myself, I can't celebrate Halloween because I would celebrate it in it's original form and what it's very nature is all about.

It is about death, spiritualism, fear, violence, anarchy, and occultism

It is about ghosts, werewolves, serial killers, corpses, and haunted houses.

When I celebrated it, it was about getting scared and celebrating the dark side. Watching horror movies, going to 'haunted houses' and everything nasty was the best way to celebrate it...and I loved it!

(BTW, is there anybody who thinks John Carpenter's Halloween isn't THE best horror movie ever and which embodies what the day is all about? ;-))

Anybody who thinks dressing up like a 'superhero' or a 'clown' thinking they are celebrating Halloween is a poser and a wimp (from a Halloween follower's opinion ;-) ) and from a Christian opinion, it doesn't make it right, but guilty by association.

A lot of these 'saved by grace-kick out obedience' Christians love to justify compromise.

"LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! It doesn't matter what we do! We are saved by grace! Require obedience?? You legalist!"

Sounds like something our baby boomers might have done or seen in their time...they're called 'hippies'. ;-)
Yes, those who throw out man made rules and regulations are heretics. Horrible halloweeners! :roll:

Geo said:
Halloween is an occult "holiday" and the ultimate celebration
of Black Magick Witchcraft. Study the roots and its history.

So called "Christians" and their accepted spirit of compromise and
tolerance is exactlly what Antichrist builds on. When he steps on
the world scene, people who consider themselves to be Christian
will be pre-disposed to accept the Man of Perdition because they
have already accepted his High Holy Sabbat (Halloween).

Halloween = High Holy Sabbat of Black Magick Witchcraft

Yes it's sold under a different image in the media. Then again,
all have drunken of her wine of deception and all are mad.
Halloween is still what it is. God does not compromise to
suit the miserable understanding of man.

And "Christians" that rather believe the media should go and
call themselves Mediatians, as a little homage to honesty.

Usually my posts end on an uplifting note. This one doesn't.
Ah yes, I am also a compromising mediation not a Christian. Hey should I even be allowed to say the word?

And I found your post to be plenty uplifting. I always find humor uplifting.

1 Sam 17:49 And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth.
1 Sam 17:50 So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.
1 Sam 17:51 Therefore David ran, and stood upon the Philistine, and took his sword, and drew it out of the sheath thereof, and slew him, and cut off his head therewith. And when the Philistines saw their champion was dead, they fled.

vic,

Looks like you got me again...... :sad

Soma-Sight

No I don't. Do you? But comparing apples to oranges
is just avoiding the topic. Why don't you ask God to teach
you what society obviously cannot.

If anyone has at least a hunger for truth I would say
the very least you can do is 'your own research' and learn
the real facts behind Halloween, not what people tell you.

It is indeed different than most other 'fests' and if I can believe
the rumors currently, there will be some kind of "very special"
Halloween this year. Prepare for the worst, someone will
interfere. Either to judge. Or to confirm the deception.

Come back here one day after it happened, and let me
know what, or who it was IN YOUR OPINION.

Talk to you then.

Geo said:
Soma-Sight

Talk to you then.
I have done the research. Watched the pagan invasion tapes. Read an entire book on the subject. Refused to take part in it for many years because that is what all the "good Christians" were doing. As for me now? I prefer God's grace over the threats of man. I prefer the grace of God over the rules and regulations handed down by man that according to them dictate what a "good Christian" is and is not supposed to do. Sorry, I trick or treated as a kid and had a great time. I got lot's of candy and did not once worship satan. My daughter loves the Lord with all of her heart and will be the cutest little angel on the block this year.

Just to rest your mind though. Neither of us will bounce up and down on brooms teaching crops to grow, put candles in skulls or turnips, build bonefires, or any of the other things that can be traced back to pagan worship.

Also, on Christmas, we will celebrate the birth of Jesus and not partake in the pagan roots of that holiday either.

Matthew24:14 said:
The Dead Do Not Come Back To Earth
The Bible Says In Hebrews 9:27 "It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment."
Halloween, is a celebration of satan's deception, of the human race.
Notice the words: Genesis 3:4 "And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die".
This was satan's first lesson, on the immortality of the soul doctrine.But the Bible teaching upon this point has been obscured and perverted by the errors of popular theology.
The doctrine of natural immortality, first borrowed from the pagan philosophy, and in the darkness of the great apostasy incorporated into the Christian faith, has supplanted the truth, so plainly taught in Scripture, that "the dead know not anything."

Soma-Sight

Talk to you then.

Your probably right....

I was seriously attacked by a demon two years ago on Hallows eve.....

Wont go to that lake again for a while.....

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back