Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What the Bible says will happen.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

iLOVE

How do the nations and events we are seeing today relate to what the Bible says will happen in the last days?

Dear Brother iLOVE
Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Mat 24:9 . . . ye shall be hated of all nations (America too?) for my name's sake.
Mat 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

A part of the great tribulation to come will include the destruction of one third of mankind; no, this has never occurred before.

Rev 9:16 And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand (200,000,000): and I heard the number of them.
Rev 9:18 By these three was the third part of men killed (There are presently over 7,000,000,000 alive) . . .

If I say there are two types of people in the world, it would be a mistake to assume I mean they are numerically divided evenly.

How do the nations and events we are seeing today relate to what the Bible says will happen in the last days?

Probably everything today you might think is relevant to end times is simply a facet of:

Rev 20:8 - And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9 - And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
It's been going on for quite some time. Read 2nd Kings chapter 1 for an example of the repeated futility of those challenging God's authority.

Wow, folk have been asking this question for Centuries. Even the leaders of Israel....Luke 17:20 "And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation."

There will not be a distinct sign of the beginning of the Tribulation Period. There will be subtle indications. The reason? Men are not supposed to know the exact date or obvious sign of the end of this life on this corrupt earth. You see, when the waters rise in a river in the Spring, men are aware of it and prepare with sand bags etc. etc.

God is looking for those who profess His Holy Name and have works to establish their testimony. There are folk, like the ten virgins. Five were these folk who were ready to meet Bride groom Jesus. Five were not. Life goes on each day like the last day and folk expect tomorrow to be the same. Most people pay no attention to Spiritual things, but a few do, and are prepared to meet Jesus at any moment because His appearance for His Bride could happen at any moment, perhaps today. Are you ready?

Jamieson, Fausset and Brown had this to say...eat ... married ... planted — all the ordinary occupations and enjoyments of life. Though the antediluvian world and the cities of the plain were awfully wicked, it is not their wickedness, but their worldliness, their unbelief and indifference to the future, their unpreparedness, that is here held up as a warning. (e-Sword)

You ask..."How do the nations and events we are seeing today relate to what the Bible says will happen in the last days?" World wide? I see a lot. Eugene in post #3 posted what my next comment would be. In my little corner of the world, I see the days of Noah everywhere. Northampton, MA was the scene of a great spiritual awakening back in the early 20 Century. Today? It's a cesspool of wickedness. O there are some good people who live there but homosexuality has a center there and they are spreading out from there.

I live about 25 miles from Northampton and on my dead end street of 11 single family homes, three are inhabited by homosexuals. Sodom is spreading. When I observe my sphere of witness, I see the coming of the Lord Jesus for His Bride soon.

2Thessolians 2:1 "Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition."

I have witnessed myself many who have ceased following Jesus the Son of God. It's incredible to me that folk who used to have a good testimony for our Lord have gone off the deep end are no longer living a Christian lifestyle, sad!!

Well, there ya go, just my thoughts. :wave2

i can remember a time "the 70's" when everyone said to look for a peace agreement between Israel and the antichrist, that would be a sign of the beginning of the tribulation, not much if any talk about it anymore, why is that?

i can remember a time "the 70's" when everyone said to look for a peace agreement between Israel and the antichrist, that would be a sign of the beginning of the tribulation, not much if any talk about it anymore, why is that?
Probably because the people pushing that particular misinterpretation eventually accepted that Israel isn't at war with the Vatican.

Good morning turnorburn. I remember all the fuss that was going around in Baptist circles about who the antichrist was, where he would come from and what Israel's involvement would be. Funny you should mention it, I'd forgotten all about teaching that was going out from the pulpits about it.

Now that my old thinking cap is aroused, hmmm, you say, "why is that?" Very good question, thanks for asking. IMO, it doesn't seem like the Christians in my sphere of witness are very much interested in spiritual matters. Boy, life is tough here in Massachusetts, and probably where you live as well. I see Christians so busy these days with their every day toil on their jobs and very busy home life. There is hardly enough time for Husband and Wives to study their Bible together for their spiritual well being. This has left families with an anemic spiritual life except when they go to church. An hour of the Pastor's sermon just doesn't make for a valid Christian life.

My fear for these modern day Believers is when the great deception of the last days, just prior to the Tribulation period comes, they won't be prepared to fight for Jesus and may, God forbid, apostatize. Personally, I believe only the Bride of Jesus the Son of God, will only be the ones who are gathered to Him at the first gathering pre-trib. The Church in general will have to pass thru the 1st half of the trib. and be gathered at the half way point. They will have to learn the hard way what persecution and hardship is supposed to produce in their lives.

My prayer for the Church of Jesus Christ is found in this important Scripture...
1Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
1:4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
1:5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
1:6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
1:8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Look at what the Prophets of old did with their time. "search diligently" and even the Angels. Believers today need to be much more active in going to their Bibles and meditating on what is coming. IMO, SOON!!

Just my thoughts. :wave2

A Prophet of the Lord has said the following: Hillary will when the election. Many will lose confidence in the voting process. During her Presidency reign there will be terrorist attacks as we saw in California all over America. Bombs will explode frequently in America. Massive shootings will increase. The economy will collapse. Russia will draw the United States into a war they hated to get into.

Those who dwell in the secret place of the Most High will be just find.

Can we find anything like this happening in end times prophecy?

One World Religion: Former Israeli President Proposes Pope to Head ‘UN for Religions’

Posted on May 5, 2015 by The Daily Sheeple

Can you imagine any way to bring a tumultuous world under a one world religion?

This is a good head start.

A few months back, former president Shimon Peres met with the Pope at the Vatican and proposed that the Pope head up a UN for religions.

Via The Jerusalem Post:

But the main topic of conversation was Peres’s idea to create a UN-like organization he called “the United Religions.”

Peres said the Argentina-born pontiff was the only world figure respected enough to bring an end to the wars raging in the Middle East and elsewhere in the world.

“In the past, most of the wars in the world were motivated by the idea of nationhood,” Peres said. “But today, wars are incited using religion as an excuse.”

Vatican spokesman Fr. Federico Lombardi confirmed to reporters that Peres had pitched his idea for “the United Religions” but said Francis did not commit to it.

“The pope listened, showing his interest, attention, and encouragement,” Lombardi said, adding that the pope pointed to the Pontifical Councils for Interreligious Dialogue and for Justice and Peace as existing agencies “suitable” for supporting interfaith peace initiatives.

That meeting in September was the third in a four-month period. In an interview in the Catholic Magazine Famiglia Cristiana, Peres also called for the Pope to lead the inter-religious organization in order to curb terrorism: “What we need is an organization of United Religions… as the best way to combat terrorists who kill in the name of faith.”

Of all popes in recent history, Pope Francis has also embraced what have thus far been considered pretty “radical” views for the church, including everything from sexual ethics and and an open arms policy on gay rights to Darwinism. He even delivered a speech in March 2014 where he referred to Muslims as worshipping the “one God.”

If any pope was going to head up a one world religion, this one sure seems to tow every line.

Wasn’t there a bit in Revelations about a one world religion as a signal of the end times?

Contributed by The Daily Sheeple of www.TheDailySheeple.com.

http://www.dcclothesline.com/2015/0...ident-proposes-pope-to-head-un-for-religions/

A Prophet of the Lord has said the following: Hillary will when the election. Many will lose confidence in the voting process. During her Presidency reign there will be terrorist attacks as we saw in California all over America. Bombs will explode frequently in America. Massive shootings will increase. The economy will collapse. Russia will draw the United States into a war they hated to get into.

Those who dwell in the secret place of the Most High will be just find.

Who is this prophet of The Lord?

someone you would want to stay well away from, unless you want to purchase the so called holy spirits prophecy for a few bucks. These days prophets sell the holy spirit.
The scripture says, "speak no evil of no man" - Titus 3:2.
Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm - 1 Chronicles 16:22.
This is a command.

Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts. Isaiah 6:5

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back