Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] What Was the “Forbidden Fruit” in Genesis?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Actually, we only know that it involved disobedience. Since the text of Genesis itself tells us that it's not a literal history, the allegory of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil does not tell us specifically what the disobedience was.

Actually, we only know that it involved disobedience. Since the text of Genesis itself tells us that it's not a literal history, the allegory of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil does not tell us specifically what the disobedience was.

The disobedience was that they were forbidden by God to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God because they wanted to judge good and evil for themselves instead of trusting God.

"Then the Lord God commanded the man, “You may freely eat fruit from every tree of the orchard, but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will surely die.” Genesis 2:16-17

There is a message in this story of the garden that shouldn't be overlooked. God gave Adam and Eve a choice: eat from the tree of life -- God's grace to humanity, acquired by faith in Him -- or from the knowledge of good and evil -- taking matters into one's own hands. The idea is that you either rely on God or you rely on yourself. If you choose the former you have "life"; if you choose the latter "you will surely die".

The disobedience was that they were forbidden by God to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God because they wanted to judge good and evil for themselves instead of trusting God.
Since the text tells us it's not a literal history, the Tree is a metaphor for the choice we made. The interesting thing is that while eating from the tree made us like God, it was unable to make us good. And that is why a Savior was necessary.

The idea is that you either rely on God or you rely on yourself. If you choose the former you have "life"; if you choose the latter "you will surely die".
More specifically, "you will die in the day" that it happens. This is how we know it was a spiritual death, not a physical one.

I have a pretty good idea of what the Forbidden Fruit was if anyone is genuinely interested. Unfortunately, the answer would shock most. I believe this is why God made the answer so elusive. It requires a bit of Scriptural knowledge before One can receive it.

Since I am new here, I will refrain from revealing too much until I get a feel as to how much information you folks are willing to handle.

I will begin with this...

The Tree of Life, and the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, are representative of two Women.

More specifically, they represent two Mothers.

Some believe that Jesus is the Tree of Life. This is incorrect. The Tree of Life is a 'Her' and so is the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.

I have a pretty good idea of what the Forbidden Fruit was if anyone is genuinely interested. Unfortunately, the answer would shock most. I believe this is why God made the answer so elusive. It requires a bit of Scriptural knowledge before One can receive it.

Since I am new here, I will refrain from revealing too much until I get a feel as to how much information you folks are willing to handle.

I will begin with this...

The Tree of Life, and the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, are representative of two Women.

More specifically, they represent two Mothers.

Some believe that Jesus is the Tree of Life. This is incorrect. The Tree of Life is a 'Her' and so is the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.

What are you saying? Either you have something to say or you don't. We 'folks' can handle whatever you post, but don't expect to get off "scot free" if you post nonsense.

There is nothing in Scripture that remotely indicates that The Tree of Life, and the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, are representative of two women. If there is you should explain yourself. And expect feedback from those of us who can "handle it".

God calls my mother a whore?? What (Satanic) bible are you using?
Lol. Don't worry Brother. She is my Mother as well, and God loves her. So do I. You should too. :yes

I am of course referring to Mystery Babylon...

Revelation 17:5
"And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH."

Mystery Babylon is our Earthly Mother. This is what the Word of God ultimately teaches. The Human Race is the harlots and abominations she gave birth to. This is a Truth very few can receive.

The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil represents her Ovary. The Forbidden Fruit is the Zygote by which all of Mankind has partaken of. Said Zygote was fertilized by the Seed of the Serpent.

Adam and his Wife incarnated into this world by choosing Mystery Babylon and Satan and their parents. We are of course their offspring.

When Jesus said...

John 8:44
"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

...it is LITERAL and applies to all Humans. We are all of the Serpent Seed. Sad but True.

Thus, the Forbidden Fruit has been plainly revealed in the Bible all along. It is in the hand of Mystery Babylon...

Revelation 17:4
"And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:"

That 'Hot Mess' is what everyone has partaken of to become incarnated into this world. It is what it is.

Lol. Don't worry Brother. She is my Mother as well, and God loves her. So do I. You should too. :yes

I am of course referring to Mystery Babylon...

Revelation 17:5
"And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH."

Mystery Babylon is our Earthly Mother. This is what the Word of God ultimately teaches. The Human Race is the harlots and abominations she gave birth to. This is a Truth very few can receive.

The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil represents her Ovary. The Forbidden Fruit is the Zygote by which all of Mankind has partaken of. Said Zygote was fertilized by the Seed of the Serpent.

Adam and his Wife incarnated into this world by choosing Mystery Babylon and Satan and their parents. We are of course their offspring.

When Jesus said...

John 8:44
"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

...it is LITERAL and applies to all Humans. We are all of the Serpent Seed. Sad but True.

Thus, the Forbidden Fruit has been plainly revealed in the Bible all along. It is in the hand of Mystery Babylon...

Revelation 17:4
"And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:"

That 'Hot Mess' is what everyone has partaken of to become incarnated into this world. It is what it is.

Wow, do you have a long way to go to understand Christianity. Mystery Babylon is not our earthly mother (unless you're an abomination or a harlot). This is what the Word of God ultimately teaches, not what you say it teaches.

The rest of your post -- actually all of it -- is nonsense, inspired by Satan. That is the last I will say on the subject.

Through Word of God, we are able to find out who Mystery Babylon is with just two verses...

Revelation 18:24
"And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth."

I find that a LITERAL interpretation is the best and most revealing.
  • 'Blood' means Blood. Real Blood... not wine in a cup or whatever.
  • 'In Her' means just that. The Blood is literally *in Her*. Not in a building somewhere. Not in some silly metaphor.
  • 'All' means All. As in everyone, past, present and future.
  • 'Slain' means slain. As in killed, murdered, etc.
OK, that was our first verse. What can we deduce from it? With a bit of Critical Thinking we may conclude that Mystery Babylon existed from the very beginning, drinking everyone's Blood.

This means she must have drank the Blood of the very first person who was slain upon the Earth. Obviously this happened long before the Vatican and Pope were around. It even happened before any city (e.g. Jerusalem, USA, Etc.) was built.

Can we prove this? Of course...

Genesis 4:11
"And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother’s blood from thy hand;"

And there we have it. By analyzing just two verses we find that Mystery Babylon is Earth, who drank the Blood of Abel.

Simple and to the point. And since we know that the Bible does not contradict itself, we are able to find other verses that match up with this conclusion.

Where do babies come from?

Psalms 139:15
"My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth."

We come from a place God calls 'The Lowest Parts of the Earth'.

The verse is clear. Earth is our Mother. A.K.A... Mystery Babylon.

Where did Jesus first descend to when he was conceived in the Womb of Mary?

Ephesians 4:9
"Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?"

What is that I hear you saying? Jesus went to Hell, not Mary's Womb? OK. What is Hell?

Matthew 23:15
"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves."

Well would you look at that. Hell is simply a parable for the Womb in which we all were born from.

Once again, the LITERAL interpretation is the most Illuminating. 'Child of Hell' means just that. Children come from Hell.

Thank you Jesus for finally clearing that up for us! He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

:amen

No it is your interpretation that says it is not literal.

The bibles own comments on genesis show it is meant as literal history.

Back