Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Would You Do In This Hypothetical Scenario?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I think the entire leadership should be made aware and all parents with teenage kids should be made aware. Without openess, how can any of them make responsible decisions? I imagine a parent with a teenage daughter unaware of the presence of alcohol could unwittingly send their daughter, in trust, into a situation they would otherwise never do if they knew the circumstances. I witnessed a parent-supplied party go completely out of control. The party spilled out into the street. Fights broke out. Police called. It was a disaster.

I guess I wasn't thinking that far with my hypothetical scenario O_O but if it were that way then there would most definitely be something to worry about. Parties like that can definitely get out of control. I remember seeing one party (it's a long stupid story why I was even there), but a guy that has a medical condition was urged by peers to keep drinking more and more and more and his wife found out and was so mad at the people that urged him to drink because of his medical and he threw up and completely passed out...it was so scary.

If all at the Birthday party are of legal drinking age I see nothing wrong with drinking as long as it is in moderation and the parents are overseeing the party and the guest in attendance. I'm not much of a drinker, but I like a mixed drink every now and then. I see no sin in it. IMO there are way to many stiffnecked religious people who like to condemn those for what they deem to be sin. I would think this lead Pastor would be setting a good example to other parents that there is nothing wrong with drinking as long as one is of legal age and done in moderation. How many people in the church do not drink and think it is a sin to do so, but are gluttons over food as they stuff their selves like pigs. This all plans out to be a lesson on moderation and over indulgence.

By the way my father allowed me to start drinking at age 15. I didn't have to do it behind his back. Not sure I would introduce drinking to my own kids. My father never drank himself by the way. So he was a good role model.

The motive of the pastor is what would worry me. As a lead Pastor and with daughters, he knows all the girls in the church. And I'm sure many are very beautiful. And it would be they who would be coming over.

And it doesn't take but one or two of those drinks for their natural guard to be let down.

Men know this. I would not trust him.

Quantrill

Scenario: A lead pastor of a church decides that for one of his kid's birthday he will go ahead and buy stuff to make margaritas and other "girly" drinks at home for one of his daughters birthdays. They are of legal drinking age from what you know. Not many people in the church know about this - they are keeping it mostly under wraps. What would you think of this scenario?

I've had other people come in contact with this scenario within the church and some people say, "Fine, whatever." and others worry about, "What example are they setting for others when they do this?" It's just a unique scenario. What would you do? What would you think?
I wouldn't make drinks for my kids.
But I wouldn't interfere.
It's between him, his conscience and God.
Some pastors are not even really believers.

Back