Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What would you like to see in a Christian game?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

bibleMAN

I make basic Christian games for my site, and I'd love some input from real Christians.

What would be a really good Christian video game for you?

I make basic Christian games for my site, and I'd love some input from real Christians.

What would be a really good Christian video game for you?

I like to play real time strategy games. A really good Christian video game should have campaigns of Biblical stories.

Comparing some campaigns:
1. Joshua's spy mission to Jericho
2. War on Jerico
3. David's wars
4. Building the Solomon Temple in a timeframe.
5. ... etc

Let me know if you know any such games with good graphics and Christian campaigns.

I'd like to see a good Christain suvival game where you can try to survive either in the Tribulation period or the old Roman Empire.

I like to play real time strategy games. A really good Christian video game should have campaigns of Biblical stories.

Comparing some campaigns:
1. Joshua's spy mission to Jericho
2. War on Jerico
3. David's wars
4. Building the Solomon Temple in a timeframe.
5. ... etc

Let me know if you know any such games with good graphics and Christian campaigns.

I like the spy mission idea. Building Solomon's Temple as a Tetris type game would be awe - some. Awesome.

It would all depend on the kind of game that is going to be made. If it's a casual non-profit game that you want to addon to a website, I'd do something like a trivia game, or something along those lines.

If you're going to be making a full length game, closer to the normal indie or AAA game, then I would just add Christian elements, rather than have the game be completely based around Christianity. For instance, have the main character be a Christian, or other small things like that. That way, you do not alienate non-believers, and probably make the game better all in all. Although, I suppose that would also depend on what kind of game you had in mind, both story and gameplay wise. For instance, I am developing an action game with my sister, set in a universe that we created. The player character is religious, and is following that universe's equivalent of Christianity. That way, anyone can enjoy the game, and it won't seem like I'm trying to "Force" my religion on others, which is another common accusation from non-believers when they see "Christian games". In the game, he is not fighting for his religion, and the game is not about it, it is just a subtle thing.

Another good way to incorporate Christianity into games is with RPGs, where you have choices. For instance, the Sci Fi game "Mass Effect", by BioWare has the dialogue options to make yourself a Christian. That was the first, and so far only RPG that I've played that let my character be a Christian. I really liked that.

What I really appreciate in a game is a good story and a game based on Christian values.

The game need not necessarily have a biblical storyline. Sometimes I even feel it is better if the story is more universal -- not so much for my sake, but for others, for the non-Christians out there. If you can make a game that interests them story-wise, and leads them to make decisions in a way that brings them to understand the Christian view of life, I think you could even consider a game like that as a tool for ministry.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back