Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What's the eschatology make-up on the forum?

End Times?

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I'll probably get ripped up for this but I'm going to take the chance it might help. I certainly maintain that speaking out of line creates more problems; I don't want be guilty of propagating further misunderstanding.
Understanding these things is very difficult as it requires the over-lapping of understandings most of you have. Think of the Revelation written on transparencies, all of them one on top the other, and you get the picture of why the confusion.
I'm post tribulation / pre-wrath, but the two are separated by a split second and the wrath of God takes one hour on the DOL. Rev. 3:10, 11:13, 14:7, 18:10, 18:17, 18:19.
Here's where you hammer me and I know it.
Getting into an exhaustive explanation literally would require me to quote most of the Bible, so lets all agree that this is my opinion and thereby assume I can be wrong.
Instead of pulling all the scripture out in quotes I'd rather send you all on an investigation of this simple truth: if you study it real close you'll see that the kings of the world, the beast, false prophet, anti-christ (Satan) NEVER have their war. They gather together and BANG it's over and they're all destroyed.
The 70th week of years; 3 1/2 years of man made war will usher in the anti-Christ at mid-week, he deceives all but the elect by bringing what appears to be peace, proclaims himself god, and forces all to receive the mark of the beast. This triggers the testimony of the two witnesses whose prophesying induces the GT (the witnesses are responsible for it, that's why they are hated) the trumpets are equal to their testimony. Then they are killed (while they are dead they go into Sheol, the Abyss, proclaim the Gospel to the captives there and are resurrected after 3 1/2 days). At that moment they go up on a cloud and fulfill the Word (as His witnesses to all Jesus did), and BOOM, Christ returns and destroys everything in the splendor of His coming in one hour (bowls, vials, of wrath). The great multitude in white robes are those who came out of the great tribulation because they died maintaining the testimony of Jesus. So most of us end up with Jesus just prior to His return, with a few very fortunate souls who managed to stay alive until the end and they get raptured a split second (twinkling of an eye) prior to the heavens rolling back and the Son of man coming on the clouds to destroy the earth and bring with Him a new earth, a new heaven, and a new Jerusalem. For a thousand years are like a day to the Lord and the day is like a thousand years. HE REIGNS! Praise Jesus, at least He knows whats up.
Okay you can hammer me now.

Andrew said:
I'll probably get ripped up for this but I'm going to take the chance it might help. I certainly maintain that speaking out of line creates more problems; I don't want be guilty of propagating further misunderstanding.
Understanding these things is very difficult as it requires the over-lapping of understandings most of you have. Think of the Revelation written on transparencies, all of them one on top the other, and you get the picture of why the confusion...Okay you can hammer me now.

Thanks Andrew,

You're right about how we all have overlapping understandings. I understand that much of the prophetic scenario awaits fulfillment. In the interim, we are wise to consider the merits of our differing viewpoints. Your comparison of the Revelation composition to a set of complementary transparencies is insightful and thought-provoking.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back