Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What's the eschatology make-up on the forum?

End Times?

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I'm fairly new on the forum, i'm interested to kind of work out where everyone is in their eschatology theology. A brief browse of the topics leads me to think that you are all probably a mix of pre/post trib millenialists?

I totally agree with the position of my church (Anglican/Episcopalian) -amillennialism, which is better termed as "nunc/now-millennialism".
But IMO I think people get way too much hung-up about the end-times! We should rather concentrate about the here-and-now. I fear that people shy away from responsibility when thinking "what the heck, it's all over soon anyway"... :gah
Regards.
Anna

I voted, "It's complicated". There is no acceptable term for my position. :lol I hold to some aspects of amillennialism, historicism, partial preterism and even some pre-wrath. :biggrin

I tend to agree with Anna's assessment though. :yes

Vic C. said:
and even some pre-wrath. :biggrin
Someone's gonna have to explain this one to me because I guess I'm thick-headed. A couple of posts say you don't agree with post-trib and you want pre-wrath. What do y'all feel is the difference between these 2 points of view? They seem to be one and the same to me.

Westtexas

westtexas said:
Vic C. said:
Someone's gonna have to explain this one to me because I guess I'm thick-headed. A couple of posts say you don't agree with post-trib and you want pre-wrath. What do y'all feel is the difference between these 2 points of view? They seem to be one and the same to me.

Westtexas

My understanding is that post trib believers believe that the rapture takes place after the 7th of the series of 7 trumpets are blown. If I am not mistaken they reference the scripture that states “a the last trump†as the basis for this belief. I also think they believe that the rapture takes place in Rev. 14, which speaks about the harvest of the earth spoken of by Christ in the gospels.

Prewrath believers believe that the rapture takes place before the wrath of God (aka Day of the Lord) begins. This is based on the fact that scriptures state we are not appointed to wrath, therefore the rapture will occur before the day of God’s wrath is unleashed. The Day of the Lord is announced by comic events, which are foretold by Christ in Matt 24 and seen as coming to fruition in Rev. 6. The rapture is depicted in Rev 7, along with the sealing of the redeemed Jews who will stay on earth during the Day of the Lord. Rev 8 begins with the trumpet judgments, which are the start of the many judgments to be released upon those who still dwell on the earth.

D4Christ said:
The prewrath option was also overlooked.

Thanks D4Christ

Good observation.

I support the pre-wrath position advanced by Marvin Rosenthal and Robert VanKampen, although with a minor modification.

westtexas said:
Vic C. said:

Westtexas
The difference is semantics. :lol The most common belief about the Tribulation is it encompasses the entire 70th. prophetic week. But PreWrath separates the GT from the Wrath. So, my belief is, we go through Tribulation but not through the Wrath, as per 1 Thessalonians 5:9.

You may also say I'm post trib/prewrath. :lol

David505 said:
D4Christ said:

Thanks D4Christ

Good observation.

I support the pre-wrath position advanced by Marvin Rosenthal and Robert VanKampen, although with a minor modification.
When reading the book, "The Sign", the author actually suggests each student do his/her own research and studying and adjust their beliefs accordingly. :yes I guess you could say I took that suggestion to the extreme. :biggrin

David, what is your modification?

David505 said:
D4Christ said:

Thanks D4Christ

Good observation.

I have some modifications too..although I don't always remember them, until presented with the issue. But one that sticks out is the placement of the seals.

I think the common belief is that the 1st seal is opened at the start of the 70th week. But I suspect that the 1st seal is not opened until the GT begins, which occurs 3.5 yrs into the 70th week. Because of this, I think the seals are opened rather rapidly and not over the course of years as some would suggest. This, for me at least, lines up more to the promise that Christ gave that the GT period would be cut short and not last for the full 42 months that the AC is given power.

So if the rider on the white horse is the AC and he is given power in the 1st seal at the start of his reign (midway thru the 70th week) then it seems more likely than not that the following seals be opened quickly so that we can get to the 6th seal, which announces the DOL and thus the time for rapture. This lines up to the fact that Christ stated that if He doesn't stop the GT no one would survive. How could the GT last for years in this generation when we see how many people Hitler could kill with 19040s technology?

Just my :twocents

Dee
BTW...have you read Revelation Commentary?

Vic C. said:
David505 said:
D4Christ said:

Thanks D4Christ

Good observation.

When reading the book, "The Sign", the author actually suggests each student do his/her own research and studying and adjust their beliefs accordingly. :yes I guess you could say I took that suggestion to the extreme. :biggrin

David, what is your modification?

Thanks Vic C. I appreciate your interest.

I think Antichrist’s temple abomination in the midst of the 70th week triggers a brief interval of great tribulation, which culminates with translation (rapture) on day 1,335 (Dan. 12: 12). Translation portends “the wrath of God (Rev. 15:1),†which proceeds until the 70th week’s consummation, like so:

[attachment=0:ngrjjzm5]Pre-Wrath Timeline.jpg[/attachment:ngrjjzm5]

D4Christ said:
David505 said:
D4Christ said:

Thanks D4Christ

Good observation.

I have some modifications too..although I don't always remember them, until presented with the issue. But one that sticks out is the placement of the seals.

I think the common belief is that the 1st seal is opened at the start of the 70th week. But I suspect that the 1st seal is not opened until the GT begins, which occurs 3.5 yrs into the 70th week. Because of this, I think the seals are opened rather rapidly and not over the course of years as some would suggest. This, for me at least, lines up more to the promise that Christ gave that the GT period would be cut short and not last for the full 42 months that the AC is given power.

So if the rider on the white horse is the AC and he is given power in the 1st seal at the start of his reign (midway thru the 70th week) then it seems more likely than not that the following seals be opened quickly so that we can get to the 6th seal, which announces the DOL and thus the time for rapture. This lines up to the fact that Christ stated that if He doesn't stop the GT no one would survive. How could the GT last for years in this generation when we see how many people Hitler could kill with 19040s technology?

Just my :twocents

Dee
BTW...have you read Revelation Commentary?

Thanks D4Christ.

I haven't read Revelation Commentary.

Can you provide a link?

D4Christ said:
Here's the link. Revelation Commentary. Co-authored by Robert Van Kampen, Rev. Bill Lee-Warner, Rev. Charles Cooper, and Gary Vaterlaus.

Thanks D4Christ

I’m reading through Revelation Commentary, which is a nicely done article. Re: Rev. 15: 8: It’s curious how the authors pondered: “Why no one is able to enter God’s temple is not explained.†Then, the authors answered their question: “…the final expression of God’s wrath is going forth, there is no need to enter. There is no intercession at this point and there is no appeal…Until the seven plagues of the seven angels were finished.â€

I think the verses in question relate the symbolism of “the tabernacle of the testimony (Rev. 15: 5)" to "the ark of his testament (Rev. 11: 19)" as a type of Christ, and Christ’s intervention via the rapture, preceding the “wrath of God (Rev. 15: 7)."

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back