Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

What's your favorite thing to do around the house

handy

What's your favorite thing to do around the house? Something that has to be done, but you like doing it so much, you don't consider it a chore?

Mine is watering the yard and garden. I could set up the sprinkler and move it around and when I don't have the time, that is what I do. But, when I have the time, (and I'll make it if I can) I'll hand water the garden, flowers and yard. I like to go out just after the sun has crested the mountains, when it's still cool. It's an excellent time for bird watching and watching the hummingbird wars. I have two feeders and those greedy hummingbirds really get testy with each other. They are used to me now, so I can stand as close to 2' from the feeder and get a real close up view of them. I have mainly black-chinned humming birds.

At the seed feeder, I've seen morning dove, Cassin's Finch, Eastern Kingbird, Western Kingbird, Mountain Bluebird and lots of sparrows and robins.

Even though we have four cats, the cats are well fed enough and get plenty of sport from all the field mice and voles we have around here, they don't bother the birds, so I can encourage the birds without feeling guilty.

Nothing. Everything that has to be done is a chore for me. I wish I liked something that much but I really, really don't. If eating counts, then that would be my thing.

I personally like giving our car a little TLC. I've only had a car for just over a month, but it felt great vacuuming it out and giving it a good wipe down.

I enjoy shaving! I dont do it as often as most people. But it's good trying to get the hairs off of my face :lol . Its relaxing, and I forget about everything in the world then :)

Truly I enjoy computer, and bible, and reading, but these things dont HAVE TO be done, if you know what I mean ;)

OHHH. I also enjoy mowing the lawn :yes

Mine is watering the yard and garden. I could set up the sprinkler and move it around and when I don't have the time, that is what I do.
Same here Dora; watering and tending to the garden... and eating the fruits of my labor! But... my garden requires me to water it from the bottom. There's nothing I can do about that when it rains though. It's best to avoid it when watering by hand, especially the tomatoes.

I like washing the windows, but hardly ever do it because then I feel like something else should be done instead. And I like dusting usually...although again, don't do it near enough lol

When my parents get me to vacuum the car, I don't mind it too much, so I'l say that. Apart from that everything is a chore :D. But when I do vacuum the car I put on my favourite CD's really loud, so that's probably why I enjoy it.

Washing the car is a different story - I always get wet and dirty (I hate that) so I usually get my brother to to that for me. :)

JoJo said:
I like to vacuum and mow the lawn. Both are kinda therapeutic, I guess.
I don't mind mowing the lawn either. But it takes a few hours becasue we've got a large block, and it's on a bit of a hill :sad.

handy said:
What's your favorite thing to do around the house? Something that has to be done, but you like doing it so much, you don't consider it a chore?

Sleeping. It can be on the couch, on the deck, in the tub.. it don't matter :D

StoveBolts said:
handy said:

Sleeping. It can be on the couch, on the deck, in the tub.. it don't matter :D
old man! yes i do it as well.

working my vehicles, while i hate doin it, i take pride in the fact i fixed them for a whole lot less.
and i hate mowing the lawn, but i do love fertalising my banana tree. and palms

jason

I love to have school with the children in the mornings. I love to clean out the fireplace and set it up for the evening fire. I love to declutter the bookcases and make them neat. I love make dinner, and set the table.

lovely said:
I love to have school with the children in the mornings. I love to clean out the fireplace and set it up for the evening fire. I love to declutter the bookcases and make them neat. I love make dinner, and set the table.

handy said:
I would love to have you come over to my house! :lol

I was thinking the same thing! Lovely, could your bring your fireplace too? I don't have one. :crying

Back