Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

What's Your Hobby?

turnorburn said:
Maybe this if I weren't disabled...
scared.gif

http://www.bond-diamonds.com/fark/chinese.htm

I don't see anything weird about that, llooks actually kinda fun. Back when I lived in Boulder, Colorado, I climbed and hiked mountain trails just as imposing if not more than that one. Of course, I had a professional guide with me and my teammates. I wanted to go up a 14K footer(longs Peak) but didn't have the chance to.

I did the flat irons and a few other peaks past the 10K foot tree line. I was sucking in breath past 10. The mountain goats were a dead giveaway of where I were. I was carrying about 20-25 pounds of gear. It felt like 50. It was dangerous if you weren't in peak shape or keeping your wits about you. I was more worried about getting struck by lightning and sunburn. At those elevations, there is maybe shrubs or moss but no trees-you're the tallest thing out there. the next time I am out there I will plan very carefully.

But it was a blast.

I have a whole lot of hobbies. computer graphics is one. there's also calligraphy, card throwing, forum posting, reading, some animation, forum posting, posting on forums, making things, going places, doing stuff. I sure haven't posted here in a while.

Oh man forget the rest give me that muscle car, that's a mean mean street machine!!

StoveBolts said:
Well, my screen name is part of my hobby :-D
http://www.youtube.com/user/68StoveBolts

Believe it or not, I've got a tad over $18,000 in this pile of stovebolts and it's still not running. This video was taken last spring and since then, I did finally get the boat finished and actually put it in Port Huron last October for her maiden run. We hope to get a lot of use out of the boat this coming summer.

As far as the car, the engine isn't even broke in yet. Actually, I've only put just under 15 gallons of gas through the tank. Shortly after this video was shot, I was doing a test run on one of our country roads and well... the weakest link broke... I was in first gear, trolling around 4500 rpm when I stabbed the gas peddle. As the Lakewood slapper bars (traction bars) hit the leaf springs, it actually bent the spring causing excessive axle wrap resulting in the my 500 hp rated U-Joint meeting mr. axle yoke and something had to give. $800 bucks later and I now have a custom set of front and rear Eaton Springs (dropped the stance the car over 2" and will achieve better performnce) along with a set of Competion Engineering Slide a Link traction bars. I just finished bolting up the new rear springs last weekend!

All I have left to do before spring is setting the pinion angle, adjusting the new traction bars, tow the car into Metro Detroit and have DST build a new driveshaft! After that, it's time to work on the body and at least get some primer sprayed down before next fall!

A-Christian said:
I have a whole lot of hobbies. computer graphics is one

6640, did you do the large graphic that was on your post?
If so, it looks great!
yeah. I have a thread over in the photoshop section. No one has posted there in over a month though. :sad

Hey Turnorburn,
Yeah, she's a lot of fun! I hope to enjoy the car this summer since she's basically been on jack stands for about three years now. Hopefully I'll be able to cruise the Woodward Dream Cruise this summer! http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/

Wow A-Christian, that was a pretty cool youtube video! I couldn't imagine building something like that!

I've seen your graphics. You are extreemly talented. Very nice work!

Well, our family just spent a week on a Carnival Cruise to the Caymen's and Cozumel. All I can say is "Wow", I think I found my new hobby :-D
shipdetail_is1.jpg

The food was great and the snorkling in the Caymens was fantastic! We were snorkling with fish larger than my son! What a blast!

Go on that cruise Lord willing, if you don't you'll be, would have could have or should have. Our neighbor has a 57 Chevy hardtop / 327 he goes once each year, hey load up and go :wink:

StoveBolts said:
Hey Turnorburn,
Yeah, she's a lot of fun! I hope to enjoy the car this summer since she's basically been on jack stands for about three years now. Hopefully I'll be able to cruise the Woodward Dream Cruise this summer! http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/

Wow A-Christian, that was a pretty cool youtube video! I couldn't imagine building something like that!

I've seen your graphics. You are extreemly talented. Very nice work!

Well, our family just spent a week on a Carnival Cruise to the Caymen's and Cozumel. All I can say is "Wow", I think I found my new hobby :-D
shipdetail_is1.jpg

The food was great and the snorkling in the Caymens was fantastic! We were snorkling with fish larger than my son! What a blast!

Turn or Burn,
Your friend comes to Michigan for the Woodward Dream Cruise each year! (Did I hear that right?) It wuoldn't surprise me since there are people that come all the way from California to the dreamcruise!

As far as the Caribbean Cruise, our family just got back Sunday! I really should post some pictures! Man, now I know that I'm not going to win the lottery becauase I'd spend a bunch of it sailing the seas! (I would love to do a European Cruise!)

I am into things such as Printshop! I love being able to express myself in designing programs, bulletins, newsletters, and the such.

forgivenWretch said:
I am into things such as Printshop! I love being able to express myself in designing programs, bulletins, newsletters, and the such.

That's great, the reason I say that is my brother in Florida started like that and now he works for a newspaper, no two newspapers. :wink:

I would love to be able to possibly some day to do something like that, or even do design work for a printing company or the such.

He prayed asking for Gods help and it came, "ask and you shall receive" It could be God has something else in mind for you, he never makes mistakes. If you pray for something anything if it isn't according to his design, well you know the rest of the story

Is there anyone here with an interest in astronomy besides me? Few things are as peaceful and yet awe-inspiring as seeing with your own eye/s the Ringed Nebula, the polar icecaps of Mars, the several moons of Jupiter, or even other entire galaxies.

I remember the first object I ever looked at through a telescope. It was Saturn. Even though everyone has seen pictures of it, when you look at it with your own eyes you will never forget that moment. The great thing about it is that many objects out there can be viewed with a pair of binoculars.

Peace

I love astronomy! One of these years, after the kids are through college and the ROTH's are maxed out, I'm going to splurge and get a good telescope.

Meanwhile, we live up in the mountains, but below the tree level. The air is crystal clear and all one needs to do to watch the stars is to spray on a little OFF, grab the binoculars and sit out on the back porch. During the day the binoculars are for keeping an eye out for deer, moose, cougars, bear, redtail hawks, peregrines, kestrals and bald eagles. At night, I've spent many warm evenings checking out Cygnus' progression through the Summer Triangle, and admittedly colder evenings watching Orion hunt Lepus to impress Cassiopeia (she plays hard to get.)

Back