Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

What's Your Hobby?

forgivenWretch said:
I would love to be able to possibly some day to do something like that, or even do design work for a printing company or the such.

I have a degree in Graphic Arts, and not to discourage you, but, this line of work is FLOODED with people. Hard to get a good job in it.
I can run a printing press, but, I don't want to do that for a living.
I love photography, as you can tell.

It would be nice to have a telescope, and I'm of the opinion as you, Destiny. I'd rather wait until we can splurge and get a really good one. A-C, if you do get the binoculars, let us know how they work. If they are as good as a telescope, maybe we'll invest in one until the day the ship comes in.

My m-i-l has a good spotting scope, but again, one can just see the craters of the moon with it. I'm not sure if she can pick up the rings of Saturn. I'd love to see them.

Biblereader, beautiful picts and did you build the greenhouse yourself? I could really use a good greenhouse as our growing period up here is so short. Often, the last frost is well into May and first frost shows up in mid-October.

My m-i-l has a good spotting scope, but again, one can just see the craters of the moon with it. I'm not sure if she can pick up the rings of Saturn. I'd love to see them.

Handy, you may already know, but you can take a pair of regular everyday binoculars and look at Saturn and it's rings, as well as Jupiter and at leats five of its moons. You can also see with binoculars, many other cool things in the sky. Mine are 7x50 in power.

Biblereader said:
forgivenWretch said:
I would love to be able to possibly some day to do something like that, or even do design work for a printing company or the such.

I have a degree in Graphic Arts, and not to discourage you, but, this line of work is FLOODED with people. Hard to get a good job in it.
I can run a printing press, but, I don't want to do that for a living.
I love photography, as you can tell.

It's merely a dream for me, i just love designing things that may be pleasing to others. The newsletter that I do, has well paid for it self, we have several shut-ins from our church and just to hear them talk about it, is reward enough for me. I do it as part of our OutReach Movement.

We even had this one couple who had not been to church for over three years come back and visit, simply because of my newsletter.
God rewards gracefully!

A-Christian said:
biblereader,

That's a great looking greenhouse. My wife would love one of those.
Great photos!

Peace

You can get one online! :D We did! Just type in mini-pro greenhouse.
My husband and I assembled it, too! It's not hard to put together.
I hope your wife gets a greenhouse! Some advice: if you live in an insect
laden climate, like, in the south, lay a solid floor of some kind, if you plan on
growing vegetables in the greenhouse. We poured a concrete floor (UGH! that was a
killer job!), and put a drain in it.

handy said:
Biblereader, beautiful picts and did you build the greenhouse yourself? I could really use a good greenhouse as our growing period up here is so short. Often, the last frost is well into May and first frost shows up in mid-October.

Thank you !!! I love my camera, and the zoom lens, and the macro lens. I put the photos into Photoshop, and zoom in even more,then crop, to get photos like the egret's eye.
To get a greenhouse like the one I have, type in "mini pro greenhouse". I forgot which company I got it from.
They ship it to you in boxes, and all in pieces. You lay it out, and then just slide panel A into slot A, join panel B, then after you get the walls up, you do the roof, and the windows, and last, you do the door. It's great to have!

forgivenWretch said:
Biblereader said:
forgivenWretch said:
We even had this one couple who had not been to church for over three years come back and visit, simply because of my newsletter.
God rewards gracefully!

WOW! How marvelous! The Lord spoke to them through your newsletter.
What denomination are you?
I used to be Baptist. I've dropped out of church, lately. Here's why:
the preacher at one church talks very little about the Gospel. The preacher at another
church is a homosexual. The preacher at another church is all about saying whatever
the congregation wants to hear, as long as no one says anything about hell, penalty for sin,
or anything against his preaching.
So, I'm kind of at a loss right now. I don't want to go Episcopalian, or Catholic, nor do I want a charismatic church, or a dry, dull presbyterian preacher, nor do I like the non denominational,
"God is awesome, oh wow! let's sing and play guitars and let's never sing the old hymns, we're
a YOUTH group...."
I don't fit in around here.

Back