Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

When Did This Trend in Music Begin?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Mike

I don't buy CD's that often. Besides some contemporary Christian CD's, I don't think I've bought a handful in 10 years. My son says this is "business as usual" these days, but I don't like it! :grumpy

Coldplay sells out venues all over the world and has huge album sales, yet for some reason, when you ask people, it's hard to find anyone who says they like them. Apparently, they are the "Barry Manilow" of pop-rock. No one likes to admit that they listen to them, but I know they do.

Anyway, I've been looking forward to their next album since "Viva La Vida" was released. They've been releasing songs, and three of them are available to view on their website. "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" is downloadable on iTunes, and the others can only be listened to online.

Their website says NOTHING about when the album will be released. What's up with that!! I refuse to pay any money for a song that's going to be on their CD when I buy it. I'd end up paying ~$20 for the CD! What a money grab!

This is a lame tactic, but my son says all the artists do it these days (or most of them). I wonder if people know about this and if they actually pay for pre-released singles. I'm very annoyed with this, and very very annoyed that they don't say anything about their upcoming album. They don't even refer to their 5th album; just the single tracks. :grumpy :bigfrown

[video=youtube;fyMhvkC3A84]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyMhvkC3A84&ob=av2e[/video]

sad to say your son is right tho it is the demand of the industry with people wanting more more more more more and more of what they have so instead why not make one album and charge a lil extra so you can cover your next single release. dirty yes but again thats the way the cookie crumbles. :clap

I don't like nor listen to Coldplay...

And yeah it's pretty common. Usually I just wait for the album to come out. Some exceptions (mostly with smaller bands that have deals such as "Preorder our album now and get these singles"). The really annoying this is when a band/artist releases singles ONLY on greatest hit albums.

Brad Paisley did it and I was real ticked off. I own all his albums why do I want to buy a greatest hits album when I have all the songs on it already? He slipped in his single "Tick" onto that album so I had to go buy the album just to get that one song... :bigfrown

I try to avoid buying music online. The music distributers really screw you over. For instance are you aware that you only can re-download a song you bought for X period of time? ?!?!?!?!?!?! :shame

Yes, this is the way things have been for a little while Mike. I haven't even purchased a CD in-store for quite some time. I use sites such as Myspace to keep up with artists and new music coming out.

Recently with Blindside they had a website on which they put one song at a time to listen to until the whole album there. They took it down when the CD came out. But in my impatience, because I knew I would buy the CD, I used a Firefox addin, Freecorder, to record the songs. It worked quite well. (You can also use Freecorder to record videos, quite nicely.)

Of course, ripping the CD has produced better quality music, but it sure helped while waiting for the CD to come out.

dirty yes but again thats the way the cookie crumbles. :clap
That's one expensive cookie! :)
I try to avoid buying music online. The music distributers really screw you over. For instance are you aware that you only can re-download a song you bought for X period of time? ?!?!?!?!?!?! :shame
And there's also certin CD's that have a limit of how many times a file can be reproduced at home; I think it's 7.

Yes, this is the way things have been for a little while Mike. I haven't even purchased a CD in-store for quite some time. I use sites such as Myspace to keep up with artists and new music coming out.

Recently with Blindside they had a website on which they put one song at a time to listen to until the whole album there. They took it down when the CD came out. But in my impatience, because I knew I would buy the CD, I used a Firefox addin, Freecorder, to record the songs. It worked quite well. (You can also use Freecorder to record videos, quite nicely.)

Of course, ripping the CD has produced better quality music, but it sure helped while waiting for the CD to come out.

I'm convicted just enough so that I won't copy music or download while on-line.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back