Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] When life is like a ping-pong ball....

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

handy

It's been a rough week. My father-in-law had been failing for about a week. During the same time, my daughter was to graduate yesterday (Saturday, 30th).
As it turned out, my fil died Friday night. Steve, Thomas, his mom and his brother were all with dad when he passed. Viola and I were in town, getting things ready for her graduation and luncheon.
We decided not to tell Viola until after her graduation. She had work so long and hard to achieve this and we just didn't want her to have the news of her beloved grandfather's passing right as she was ready to have her ceremony and party. We did tell her afterwards.

I just ask prayers for our family as we work through the next week. His funeral will be next Monday and this week will be busy with making arrangements, family coming in, trips to the airport, etc.

I'm so sorry to learn of your loss, handy.

Prayers for you & your family as you proceed through what will be a busy week, and as you continue through the grieving process.

Please give Viola (and your son) a hug from me, and please pass along my hearty congratulations to her on her graduation.

I will be praying for all your needs to be met and for your family.

Congrats, on Viola's graduation. Maybe you feel a little bit, like you graduated too, being a homeschool mom.

Heavenly Father, in times like these we learn how Your grace abounds. Please Lord surround this family with Your loving arms. Keep them close to Your heart and give them the peace that only You can give. Thank you Father for all things. We ask in your Son, Jesus name, Amen.

Dear Sister Handy, be blessed in the consolation of our Lord Jesus that suffered in all we might endure in this present life. I pray that you and your family experience the grace of God to carry you through these storms, become the support to each other, and glorify our blessed Savior in your sorrow at this time. May God bless you all richly in Jesus' name.

Deaths in the family are always so hard. The Lord is with you in your suffering. I know, that's perfectly cliche and all, but...its interesting how life continues, isn't it? Your fil is gone and your daughter graduated. You and your husband undoubtedly have your own things going on, also. I'll keep you and your family up in prayer. As Eugene so wisely pointed out, you and your family have the love for each other and for The Lord necessary to get through this situation, and to see each other through.

:)

why am I thinking about my grandfather on my mom's side? when I was in basic he passed and I wasn't told until after a few weeks .I will pray.

Back