Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

When speaking of the beliefs of others

When I evangelize others with different biblical interpretations:

• 1) It really doesn't matter if I represent other's religious beliefs correctly or not.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3) I am not responsible for the mistakes we make in representing the beliefs of others. It is not

• 4) I am responsible for the mistakes I make in representing the beliefs of others. It is bearing f

• 5) I really shouldn't discuss what others believe so much but give reason for the hope that is with

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
T

thessalonian

fairly straight forward and thought provoking I hope.

This is probably coming from all the Catholic bashing that has been going on. I ignore those threads. The bible says to treat others the way you want them to treat you, so that is what I do. If it wasn't important, Yeshua would not have said it, and the writers of the Gospels would not have written in their writings.
I am not a Catholic, and have no intention of becoming one, but it is wrong to keep bashing them like that.
God (Yahweh) is the one to make any judgements, not I, nor any human has that right.

I believe the poll question is loaded or slanted. I believe the people who claim to accept GOD at HIS Word, should be willing to discuss the various considerations of religious dogma in light of Bible study and research. People who get offended because their religious interpretations come under fire, should not be insulted but make it a time to spread the Gospel message. GOD will root out the lies and falsehoods. I let what others say concerning my beliefs roll off my back, but then my salvation isn't founded in the church I attend.

Feeling convicted? :o

No, I was quite careful in wording them. I do not believe the question is loaded at all. Sounds like personal responsibility is a problem. If someone is honest about what I believe or humble enough to let themselves be told by me what I believe and what my Church teaches I have no problem whatsover discussing my faith. I am not in the slightest offended if they disagree with me. But when they twist and distort in order to blow over straw men then that is annoying. Further it does not make for open, honest dialogue but ALWAYS creates a suspiscion in the dialogue on both sides.

You are right that the distortions do come to the light of day. But not in the way you probably want to be right.

Your answer does not surprize me however.

6) I know what they believe & have no problem explaining to them where the Bible tells then that they are wrong because as christians we are to use the Bible to correct, rebuke & train in rightiousness. If I don't know of what I speak then I shouldn't speak but if I do know what others believe & know that they are wrong on the Basic doctrines of the Bible then I as a christian must correct my brother or I sin.

Rick the holypig said:

6) I know what they believe & have no problem explaining to them where the Bible tells then that they are wrong because as christians we are to use the Bible to correct, rebuke & train in rightiousness. If I don't know of what I speak then I shouldn't speak but if I do know what others believe & know that they are wrong on the Basic doctrines of the Bible then I as a christian must correct my brother or I sin.

Amen pig. That is what I have continually tried to explain to anyone willing to listen and understand. The 'truth' IS the 'truth' regardless of what anyone WANTS it to be.

MEC

Magican,

You I am afraid are one of the worst offenders of what I speak. Confessional a doctrine? Yet you will stick by what you say when corrected by a Catholic.

I have to wonder at times whose "truth" people are following: God's truth or their own truth.

That is a good question. We see so many on this website claiming their "truth" which contradicts the "truth" of others. They have come and gone. Some are still here.

Not to be rude or mean or anything but how do you know that the truth that you follow is not your own or someone elses and is God's? We all claim to follow the Bible. We all claim our beliefs are consistent with the Bible, yet it is completely illogical that all are speaking God's truth. Did he not say "you shall KNOW the truth and the TRUTH shall set you free". Truth is what saves. He also said "those who worship God shall worship in spirit and IN TRUTH" so we know that the truth is in fact knowable in this life. So how do you know you have it? We of course all need to examin ourselves in these questions. Please do so honoestly. That applies to all.

Blessings

Ex Roman Catholics see their errors

Fortunately, ex-Roman Catholics see their errors when they come to true saving faith without the pomp and ritual of Roman Catholicism.

Each time that happens, it is a wonderful sight!

Praise be to our Lord Jesus Christ.

:) :)

Thx for stopping by. I've missed you and your cuts and pastes and distortions that you attempt to lead people from Catholicism with. Your successes when using distortions of what others believe is a reflection on you and all of Christianity if misrepresentations have been used to draw people away, regardless of the truth or error of a beleif system.

Did you vote? It doesnt' appear that you did. This is kindof a hard one to remain non-committal on unless of course the answer is too convicting to confront your soul with. :wink:

Bless you ... yeah, right

Bless you thessalonian... I am sure your wonderful love has brought many into your fold.

:biggrin

May you continue to represent Roman Catholicism. You do it so well!

Bless you!

Thx and blessings to you as well Gary. May Christ in his mercy and kindness richly bless you and your family and bring them in to his eternal kingdom. May he grant you peace.
Thess

thessalonian said:
Thx and blessings to you as well Gary. May Christ in his mercy and kindness richly bless you and your family and bring them in to his eternal kingdom. May he grant you peace.
Thess

Thanks. He does that all the time!

:)

Gary said:
thessalonian said:
Thess

Thanks. He does that all the time!

:)

Yes, the sun shines on the good and the bad. :wink:

thessalonian said:
Feeling convicted? :o

No, I was quite careful in wording them. I do not believe the question is loaded at all. Sounds like personal responsibility is a problem. If someone is honest about what I believe or humble enough to let themselves be told by me what I believe and what my Church teaches I have no problem whatsover discussing my faith. I am not in the slightest offended if they disagree with me. But when they twist and distort in order to blow over straw men then that is annoying. Further it does not make for open, honest dialogue but ALWAYS creates a suspiscion in the dialogue on both sides.

You are right that the distortions do come to the light of day. But not in the way you probably want to be right.

Your answer does not surprize me however.

I'm not feeling convicted at all. I have no problem discussing what others believe from a Biblical standpoint. The easiest thing to do is ask an individual exactly what does he believe and does he know for certain that he or she is headed for an eternity with GOD. The person who says he isn't sure obviously has something to learn. As for your poll, I would say that I ask what the person believes, why he believes it , and then point out the biblical defense either for or against such a belief. I feel it is wrong to misrepresent anything, but one can hardly control what another's says is the authoritative belief----particularly, when so many Roman Catholics seem so very confused themselves..... I find it telling when one asks a "Catholic" what is meant by the Immaculate Conception. Many "Catholics" I asked have told me that is the birth of CHRIST. I then have to not only explain that they are wrong with regard to their own "professed" religion, but then have to explain why biblically, why I find this 1950's Papal pronouncement an error within the "Roman Catholic" church. This does cause confusion, but I find that what an individual says he believes is what is the important factor and a key to presenting GOD's salvation plan.

I ask protestants about sola scriptura and get a glazed look from their eyes or to explain soterology or justification. More glazed looks from the common every day protestant. What role do works play? I get many varying answers. Your point is?

If someone does not understand something do they automatically go to hell? If they have something wrong do they go to hell? Have their been things that you have not understood correctly along the way? Were you hellbound in your days of imperfection? Do you now claim perfect knowledge such that I cannot ask you a question you cannot answer? Ah we like to point out the ignorance of Catholics but we ignore the evern increasing "diveristy" (contradiction) of Protestant beliefs. In Catholicism there is an authority and a right and wrong. In protestantism there is a fasaud called "Sola Scriptura" that means individual interprets bible. Individual therefore right.

Heck, theres a big battle over in General as to whether the wine in the Bbile was fermented or unfermented. Common now! Protestants of great conviction swear up and down it was just grape juice. Even John McArthur has been cast on the pro-grape jucice side. He's supposed to be a scholar. :o . So don't go telling me about Catholics and the IC when you guys can't even agree that wine has alcohol in it. Talk about confusion. :roll: The funny thing is that there is no means of deciding the matter. John MacArthur will continue to speak his views and so will everyone else. No real authority. Only the fasaud of authority.

Blessings

I still think the big thing is whether you believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that you accept and worship Him. There are some differences that make no difference whether you believe it or not, these are just little things. For example-if you want to drink grape juice, then drink grape juice, if you want wine then drink wine, worry about what YOU'RE doing and not so much what everyone else is doing. Yeshua taught that:
Mat 7:3 And why do you look on the splinter that is in your brother's eye, but do not consider the beam that is in your own eye?
Mat 7:4 Or how will you say to your brother, Let me pull the splinter out of your eye; and, behold, a beam is in your own eye?
Mat 7:5 Hypocrite! First cast the beam out of your own eye, and then you shall see clearly to cast the splinter out of your brother's eye.

Live by The whole Word and not just the parts that suit you.
(Hang in there, Thess)

I have just remembered an old saying I heard in the past. This isn't exactly it but it is like this:

Make sure your words are sweet, you may have to eat them. :-D

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back