Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

When speaking of the beliefs of others

When I evangelize others with different biblical interpretations:

• 1) It really doesn't matter if I represent other's religious beliefs correctly or not.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3) I am not responsible for the mistakes we make in representing the beliefs of others. It is not

• 4) I am responsible for the mistakes I make in representing the beliefs of others. It is bearing f

• 5) I really shouldn't discuss what others believe so much but give reason for the hope that is with

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Once again I post this with a great deal of respect for your gentle nature that God has given you and your ability to dialogue on a one to one basis out of what I see as love. I hope you see my questions in the same manner. They are not meant to offend. But to probe.

There are some differences that make no difference whether you believe it or not, these are just little things

You started off your post with "I think". Are you certain you think correctly? Are you sure that your list of little things is the correct list of little things. By what authority do your assert your list of little things and what are the consequences if you are wrong about what are little things and what are big things? Perhaps your perspective is wrong on some things such that they aren't really little but are actually quite big? If you don't understand something how can you rightly judge if it is little or big?Live by

The whole Word and not just the parts that suit you.

I actually agree with this and it is very Catholic. You see I don't believe in lists of little things and big things. I believe that God gives each man a certain amount of understanding, a certain amount of grace. Each one is responsible for the light and grace he has been given. Therefore it he misunderstands something, not out of negligence, then he is not held accountable for that. But that does not mean it should be on some list of little things. Just that God judges each man according to his grace given. All scripture is to be followed to the absolute best of our ability. All of it is for our salvation. All of it has a correct understanding that is available.

Blessings

You have to decide which things are the little things and which are major things. I certainly don't know everything, I wish I did. The point I am trying to make is that what beliefs are those of Christianity and which are of a certain denomination. I have nothing against certain things that people do for their beliefs, that my denomination doesn't deem necessary. For instance, I believe that Mary had other children but I can accept the Catholic belief that Mary did not have any other children and other things like that.
Things I cannot accept, such as saying Yeshua was Michael, or that Yeshua rose in the Spirit rather than the flesh, are in a different category.

thessalonian said:
Thx for stopping by. I've missed you and your cuts and pastes and distortions that you attempt to lead people from Catholicism with. Your successes when using distortions of what others believe is a reflection on you and all of Christianity if misrepresentations have been used to draw people away, regardless of the truth or error of a beleif system.

Did you vote? It doesnt' appear that you did. This is kindof a hard one to remain non-committal on unless of course the answer is too convicting to confront your soul with. :wink:

It seems that every time that I stop around, this is what I hear? And you seem too be showing up every where? Your 'post' surely is lambasting the person! Where is his 'pasts' & where is your 'Born Again Loving' scriptural corrections????

Your posts are sounding just like the jesuits of Rome, no scripture, just attacking the person. :sad It matters little that you 'claim' to be catholic, for I have catholic friends who do not act like jesuit priests. And 'distortions'?? :roll: 2 Corinthians 4:2

Yes, and you start the thread, & you never stay on subject! The subject always compasses the person of the post when their 'posts' dis/agree with yours, or with pope charlies theology, or whoever?

Go back through your reams & reams of stuff and see how much scripture you have used? :sad

---John

Why John, are you personally attacking me and doing off topic postings again. You didn't notice Gary posted off topic before me did you. No. That would be defending a Catholic and you certainly could never do that. God bless you.

thessalonian said:
Why John, are you personally attacking me and doing off topic postings again. You didn't notice Gary posted off topic before me did you. No. That would be defending a Catholic and you certainly could never do that. God bless you.

Forum: I added the highlight to this above 'post'. And, as stated before, this is the catholic 'jesuit' evil principle of 2 Corinthians 4:2. It would be interesting if we really knew who the posters on here were, huh? :wink: John 8:44 tell's of some of us 'perhaps???'

If any want the jesuit oath that is recorded in Congress sent to them, give me your email.

O' was that an attack against a person???

---John

PS:It seems that every time that I stop around, this is what I hear? And you seem too be showing up every where? Your 'post' surely is lambasting the person! Where is his 'pasts' & where is your 'Born Again Loving' scriptural corrections????

Your posts are sounding just like the jesuits of Rome, no scripture, just attacking the person. It matters little that you 'claim' to be catholic, for I have catholic friends who do not act like jesuit priests. And 'distortions'?? 2 Corinthians 4:2

Yes, and you start the thread, & you never stay on subject! The subject always compasses the person of the post when their 'posts' dis/agree with yours, or with pope charlies theology, or whoever?

Go back through your reams & reams of stuff and see how much scripture you have used?

---John

No attack, just PLAIN HONEST FACTS!

Why John, are you bearing false witness again. I NEVER bring up a pope's theology unless it is broached by another in attack, except for a few posts on theology of the body which is quite loaded with scripture.

We certainly can go back and look at my posts regarding scriptural use and referring to scripture. Do note your friend Gary has not quoted much these days either. But of course you will not attack him.

Have you posted on topic in this thread yet? I don't believe so? Blessings

perfect case and point from another thread.

thessalonian said:
On May 7 1977, Pope John Paul II dedicated his general audience to "the Virgin Mary"

Perhaps you will do me the favor of giving me the real date of this audience so that I can authenticate your quote. You see JP II was not Pope in 1977. :-? It wouldn't be the first time you have twisted or taken out of context a quote or your authors have translated it to suit their needs. Oddly enough I do a web search for your marian worship quote and only find it on anti-catholic sites. I search the vatican site which has all of his audiences and it is not there.

It appears that it was May 7, 1997. Here is the quote from the vatican website:

"2. In the light of this entrustment to his beloved disciple, one can understand the authentic meaning of Marian devotion in the ecclesial community. In fact, it places Christians in Jesus’ filial relationship to his mother, putting them in a condition to grow in intimacy with both of them. "

Context:
http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_ ... 97_en.html

Hmmmm now they know latin to english translation and the intent of the Popes words. In fact I do believe that he read his audiences in several languages including english. So I think it quite unlikely that he said "worship" as the many anti-catholic websites on the net charge. Now I am devoted to my wife and children. Does this mean I worship them? I don't think so.

Why do anti-catholic websites have to go to such ends to twist and distort Catholicism. Why do people like Gary not research just a little bit. The errors are not hard to expose but they make no effort. I can see why Gary did not vote in my other thread about distortions. :-? This is truly an embarrassment for him. How can these people be trusted in anything that they post? When is bearing false witness going to matter to them? :crying: No, I am quite wrong. Gary will not be embarrassed. He will just slide on to the next half truth and distortion. :roll:

Blessings

I understand your frustration, Thess. People do make comments at times when they do not know all the facts. I think the big problem is that they don't realize they don't know all of the facts. :robot: (you will be assimilated, restistance is futile. this has nothing to do with the post, I just wanted to lighten things up a bit.)

ChristineES said:
I understand your frustration, Thess. People do make comments at times when they do not know all the facts. I think the big problem is that they don't realize they don't know all of the facts. :robot: (you will be assimilated, restistance is futile. this has nothing to do with the post, I just wanted to lighten things up a bit.)

Sometimes people make comments when then think they know everything. In which case the problem is that they are even more ignorant.

Hi thess (and others):

In general, I would say that a non-believer who happens by this forum will be appalled at the behaviour of those who represent themselves as Christians on this forum. I want to publically express the view that I think you are definitely one of the "good guys" - you generally acquit yourself well (although not always - you responded dismissively to some on-topic posts of mine in a recent thread on the subject of divorce and war).

The behaviour of the people in this forum is probably one of the primary reasons why I no longer want to associate myself with "mainstream Christianity.

Misrepresenting the beliefs of others seems like the national pastime on this board. Whether it be absurd and unfounded denunciations of science or resorting to character attacks when one has clearly lost an argument, the message to the world is the same: "Christian" behaviour is, at best (and I mean at best), no better than that of the rest of the world.

C'mon people, let's raise the bar a bit, huh?

Hi Drew,

I apologize if I contributed to your frustration in this. I thought maybe I was one of those included in the quote below, because of some recent posts on the topic of science that we may disagree about. It wasn't with intent to misrepresent you, or science. The Lord bless you today, and again, I'm sorry. The Lord bless you.

Drew wrote:
Misrepresenting the beliefs of others seems like the national pastime on this board. Whether it be absurd and unfounded denunciations of science or resorting to character attacks when one has clearly lost an argument, the message to the world is the same: "Christian" behaviour is, at best (and I mean at best), no better than that of the rest of the world.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back