Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth When the storm starts brewing.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Brock

I was reading in Luke today when I came across the story of Jesus calming the storm in Luke 8:22-25. At face value it just looks like another miracle Jesus did, but I think there is a deeper meaning to it. In the story Jesus disciples get scared because they think they're gonna drown from the water flooding into the boat, so they wake Jesus Luke 8:24.

Jesus wakes up and rebuked the waves and winds Luke 8:24. And then turns to his disciples and says "Where is your faith?" Luke 8:25. I think this is very indicative of us as humans. Sometimes when life gets hard we lose faith in God and His power. We rely on ourselves and worry to much to the point that we fear "We're going to drown!" Instead of staying calm and relying on God like Jesus when he was sleeping peacefully in the back of the boat.

Jesus kinda uses this analogy when talking about the man who built his house on the rock. He says “Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. 25 Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock. Matthew 7:24 NLT

Jesus is the rock, we must stay with Him and trust in Him Psalm 18:2

God Bless!

Wow Brock, I'm really pleased to see how well you are growing and maturing in the Lord. :thumbsup You are quite the inspiration. :) Well done!! :clap

Thank you Brock great teaching on faith. This also reminds me of Psalms 91 as there is nothing to fear, but fear itself. If our trust is in the Lord then we will always have victory over the storms in our life.

Thanks sis, God has really helped back to my feet recently, so praise Him. But you have also matured a lot since I’ve met you! You are an inspiration as well!

God bless!

Aww,.. thank you. Yeah, I think this forum has that effect on you. :) God bless you as well little brother and have a wonderful Christmas Eve. :biggrin

Sometimes it takes a mountain, sometimes a trouble sea, sometimes it takes a desert to bring us to our knees. Death must be written of the flesh!

God does not give victory to the flesh. All victory is in Jesus Christ; all victory is in Who He Is and What He accomplished for us at Calvary. Those who are proclaiming Jesus, but forsaking the Cross are wrestling with God. They are trying to bring about victory other than by God's prescribed order of victory which is the "Law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus-God's prescribed order of victory over sin, the world, the flesh, and the Devil (Rom. 8:2)." This is why God (Jehovah, i.e., "a pre-incarnate appearance of the Lord Jesus Christ") touched the hollow of Jacob thigh (type of the flesh). We learn from this, "Jacob the heel catcher," went from wrestling to clinging, (the flesh is now crippled) depending on God's blessing(s). The sentence of death must be written on the flesh-the power of the Cross must be entered into before we can steadily walk with God.

Remember, if you leave the Cross, you walk away from God! Most Christians have left their First Love. They are proclaiming Jesus, but forsaking the Cross (lukewarm). This is called "Spiritual Adultery." If it continues, the scripture says the light is removed! Revelation 2:1-7; Revelation 3:14-19

The only way to God is through Jesus Christ (John 14:6)...the only way to Jesus Christ is by the Means of the Cross (Luke 14:27). The only way to the Cross is a denial of self (Luke 9:23). If any person tries to come any other way, Jesus says, "they are a thief and a robber" (John 10:1).

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back