Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Where is the temple of God now?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

warfrog

Greetings,

Yes this has to do with End times.

Where is the temple of God among us?
They had it prior to the Jesus's ministry and afterwards also for a little while, but when Jesus ministered He did not regard the temple itself as the temple of God and further on through the Holy Spirit this is also confirmed.

So i ask, where is the temple of God? where does God reside among men?

Please present scriptures if you are able, thank you.

Grace to you, peace from God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Greetings,

Yes this has to do with End times.

Where is the temple of God among us?
They had it prior to the Jesus's ministry and afterwards also for a little while, but when Jesus ministered He did not regard the temple itself as the temple of God and further on through the Holy Spirit this is also confirmed.

So i ask, where is the temple of God? where does God reside among men?

Please present scriptures if you are able, thank you.

2 Corinthians 6:16-17
16 Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said, "I will dwell in them and walk among them; And I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
17 "Therefore, come out from their midst and be separate," says the Lord. "And do not touch what is unclean; And I will welcome you.

2 Corinthians 6:16-17
16 Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said, "I will dwell in them and walk among them; And I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
17 "Therefore, come out from their midst and be separate," says the Lord. "And do not touch what is unclean; And I will welcome you.

So then i ask, what is a sacrifice now? What is the sweet aroma?

So now if in Daniel the daily sacrifice is taken away, what is taken away how is it taken away and why is it taken away?

How is the sanctuary fortress defiled?

If the abomination sits in the temple where it ought not, where is that abomination sitting? How can the abomination sit in the temple claiming itself God and exalting itself above God?

Giving up our flesh is our sacrifice.
We are to present our bodies as living sacrifices
Romans 12: 1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service.

We are dying to ourselves, we must decrease so He can increase.

Our prayers are the sweet aroma.
Revelation 5:8 And when he had take the book, the four living creatures and the four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having each one harp, and golden bowls of full incense, which are the prayers of the saints.
So now if in Daniel the daily sacrifice is taken away, what is taken away how is it taken away and why is it taken away?
People will stop presenting their bodies as living sacrifices, which is our spiritual service.
Why? Because many will fall away.

1 Timothy 4: 1 But the Spirit saith expressly, that in later times some shall fall away from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons,

Some believers will be defiled by falling away.

If the abomination sits in the temple where it ought not, where is that abomination sitting? How can the abomination sit in the temple claiming itself God and exalting itself above God?
there are two bodies, one the Body of Christ and the other the body of the anti-christ, it is this one who will exalt himself above God.

We are to offer ourselves a living sacrifice AND our prayers are that sweet aroma.

However

This is where I am misunderstood when I talk about the chosen of race and chosen of grace (since I believe in lost tribes theology and that Israel is God's chosen of race).

So many people answer the way I did, and then assume that nothing else matters. But there is an EARTHLY counterpart. Being earthly chosen entail blessings, but not necessarily salvation and this is where I lose people because they can only think along one (salvation) track. Think sci-fi and "parallel universes" if that makes more sense.

I believe the nation of Israel, God's chosen people will rebuild the temple and sacrifices established again there (actually I believe there's some going on now according to God's word) and the passage in Daniel parallels the "abomination of desolation" that already occurred and will occur again. It's those earthly sacrifices being talked about. There's two sides of a coin. But when one argues and sees only one side, then scriptures like this do not make any sense.

There's no doubt the temple will be rebuilt. For the naysayers out there, just visit The Temple Institute: The Holy Temple in Jerusalem and see how they are planning the temple right now as we speak. And that is in prophecy.

We are to offer ourselves a living sacrifice AND our prayers are that sweet aroma.

However

This is where I am misunderstood when I talk about the chosen of race and chosen of grace (since I believe in lost tribes theology and that Israel is God's chosen of race).

So many people answer the way I did, and then assume that nothing else matters. But there is an EARTHLY counterpart. Being earthly chosen entail blessings, but not necessarily salvation and this is where I lose people because they can only think along one (salvation) track. Think sci-fi and "parallel universes" if that makes more sense.

I believe the nation of Israel, God's chosen people will rebuild the temple and sacrifices established again there (actually I believe there's some going on now according to God's word) and the passage in Daniel parallels the "abomination of desolation" that already occurred and will occur again. It's those earthly sacrifices being talked about. There's two sides of a coin. But when one argues and sees only one side, then scriptures like this do not make any sense.

There's no doubt the temple will be rebuilt. For the naysayers out there, just visit The Temple Institute: The Holy Temple in Jerusalem and see how they are planning the temple right now as we speak. And that is in prophecy.

I don't doubt they will build another temple, but this is from their own invention, Christ already died for our sins, "it is finished", so now God is going to go back and have them build another temple to offer more sacrifices?

It is a New Covenant, not something we did, but God did, we are the living sacrifices now, the Old has been replaced. What could God's plan be then, we're living sacrifices now, but when the temple is built, we're not anymore?
It doesn't make sense.
peace.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva]Romans 12:1- yes, I concur.
But the prayers of the saints in Rev.5 have nothing to do with this..

And I think this should be in Theology & not "End-times"

The sacrificial death of Christ turns away the wrath of God from everyone who believes on Christ as their Savior. He is our propitiation; He is our mercy seat; His death alone is all-sufficient to save. Christ is the mercy seat who was sprinkled with His own blood.
Jesus Christ was the priest who offered up the perfect sacrifice of Himself on the cross for our sins. He died in our place (2 Cor. 5:21; Gal. 1:4; 3:13; Eph. 5:2, 25; Matt. 20:28; Rom. 5:6, 8).
Jesus Christ has obtained eternal redemption for everyone trusting in Him alone for salvation. He pleads with you this day to trust in His death to make you right with God. The one offering of Christ on the cross is the perfect redemption, propitiation, and satisfaction, for all the sins of all who will call upon His name and be saved. There is none other satisfaction for sin, but His death alone. Believe on Him and you will have eternal life.

Hosea 6:6,
I desire mercy, not sacrifice.

So, we aren't in the Old Covenant any longer- as per Daniel, etc. & the law.

[/FONT]

The Abrahamic promises are still in effect yet and are not either an old nor new covenant. Likewise, the Davidic promises are still in effect and are neither an old nor new covenant.

The "old" is merely the Law of Moses replaced by the "new" in Christ. The rest were to Israel and are in full effect yet. These are based on genealogy as genealogies are important. Even the NT starts off with a genealogy as they are so important pertaining to this subject.

Yes, the temple built now cannot save people nor do the sacrifices replace Christ's. But the fact remains that (pragmatically speaking) the unbelieving Jews will still do so according to prophecy. Don't confuse the purpose with the actual event.

Giving up our flesh is our sacrifice.
We are to present our bodies as living sacrifices
Romans 12: 1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service.

We are dying to ourselves, we must decrease so He can increase.

Our prayers are the sweet aroma.
Revelation 5:8 And when he had take the book, the four living creatures and the four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having each one harp, and golden bowls of full incense, which are the prayers of the saints.
People will stop presenting their bodies as living sacrifices, which is our spiritual service.
Why? Because many will fall away.

1 Timothy 4: 1 But the Spirit saith expressly, that in later times some shall fall away from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons,

Some believers will be defiled by falling away.

there are two bodies, one the Body of Christ and the other the body of the anti-christ, it is this one who will exalt himself above God.

So what happens when you take the mark of the beast and where is the mark of the beast placed?

What happens when you worship His image?

So what is the abomination of desolation?

"Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshipped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God."

"So all the world marveled and followed the beast."

"Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy againts God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven"

"All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world"

That is the abomination of desolation, and when you see it flee.

Why does Jesus say flee when you see that which Daniel spoke of?

"It was granted him to make war with the saints and overcome them."

Back to the daily sacrifice, what is the only thing in scripture that stops all men from Christ on the earth?
It happens once, where all people of the earth are stopped from the daily sacrifice, what does this? and how would the sanctuary fortress be defiled in conclusion to stopping the daily sacrifice?

"And he deceives those who dwell on earth to make an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword and lived. He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed. He causes both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to recieve a mark on thier forheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name."

"And from the time that the daily sacrifice is taken away, and the abomination of desolation is set up, there shall be one thousand two hundred and ninety days. Blessed is he who waits, and comes to the one thousand three hundred and thirty-five days"
"But you, go your way till the end; for you shall rest, and will arise to your inheritance at the end of the days."

"And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years."

"For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ's at His coming. Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts and end to all rule and all authority and power. For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. The last enemy that will be destroyed is death."

The mark of the beast are those who rely on the world, who are worldly and have not relied on God for all their needs - you can not buy nor sell w/out following the world's ways. We have God's seal, they have the mark of the beast.

The mark of the beast are those who rely on the world, who are worldly and have not relied on God for all their needs - you can not buy nor sell w/out following the world's ways. We have God's seal, they have the mark of the beast.

Not quite, its actually a mark showing allegiance to a specific being during that time.

The defiling of the sactuary fortress is the mark on the body.
The taking of the daily sacrifice is the worship through the image and the mark.
You cannot have the mark and worship the image and have Christ, all who take the mark and worship the image are condemned, the sacrifice is taken away.
The abomination of desolation is placing the beast in thier hearts as God, they will literally worship him as God, therefore they will defile the temple of God.
They will all be blotted out of the Book of Life.

Right now as we are, there is no mark, there is nothing stopping a man from birth till death from believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, the sacrifice is viable for all men right now and has been for almost 2,000 years and longer and will be so until the man of sin is revealed and the mark is given to be taken.

The Abrahamic promises are still in effect yet and are not either an old nor new covenant. Likewise, the Davidic promises are still in effect and are neither an old nor new covenant.

The "old" is merely the Law of Moses replaced by the "new" in Christ. The rest were to Israel and are in full effect yet. These are based on genealogy as genealogies are important. Even the NT starts off with a genealogy as they are so important pertaining to this subject.

Yes, the temple built now cannot save people nor do the sacrifices replace Christ's. But the fact remains that (pragmatically speaking) the unbelieving Jews will still do so according to prophecy. Don't confuse the purpose with the actual event.
the problem the way i see it, is the lack of purpose, there isn't one.
all believers are abraham's children, so also receive the promise. the old is the law of Moses and included in the law of Moses is all the sacrifices of animals, which are all done with, new in Christ to replace the law and the sacrifices included with those laws.

Not quite, its actually a mark showing allegiance to a specific being during that time.

The defiling of the sactuary fortress is the mark on the body.
The taking of the daily sacrifice is the worship through the image and the mark.
You cannot have the mark and worship the image and have Christ, all who take the mark and worship the image are condemned, the sacrifice is taken away.
The abomination of desolation is placing the beast in thier hearts as God, they will literally worship him as God, therefore they will defile the temple of God.
They will all be blotted out of the Book of Life.

Right now as we are, there is no mark, there is nothing stopping a man from birth till death from believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, the sacrifice is viable for all men right now and has been for almost 2,000 years and longer and will be so until the man of sin is revealed and the mark is given to be taken.

like i mentioned in an earlier post, there are two bodies, one is the Body of Christ and the other is the body of the anti-christ, those worshipping the world's way are not sealed by God, those have the mark of the beast. those of the body of the anti-christ will exalt themselves.

like i mentioned in an earlier post, there are two bodies, one is the Body of Christ and the other is the body of the anti-christ, those worshipping the world's way are not sealed by God, those have the mark of the beast. those of the body of the anti-christ will exalt themselves.

Aye, but your forgetting about the great signs and wonders and the fact that the beast itself exalts itself as God, and the world believes it and that another beast shows signs and wonders also and causes all to worship the first beast and his image and take his mark.

This isnt so, the mark isnt instituted nor the image, and the whole world does not marvel after the beast, in fact the world marvels after several different things now, many, many religions exist and there are many within these religions that do not exalt themselves above these religions, therefore the mark is not now also on this premises.
There are 2 bodies now, Christ's, His saints and unbelievers who at any moment can join the body of saints, His.

The mark cuts the body off from Christ completely, their is no going back, not so now, anyone can come to the Lord to His glory by His glory.

the problem the way i see it, is the lack of purpose, there isn't one.
all believers are abraham's children, so also receive the promise. the old is the law of Moses and included in the law of Moses is all the sacrifices of animals, which are all done with, new in Christ to replace the law and the sacrifices included with those laws.

Well, my friend, that's the way you see it. I can incline to agree as well. But that's not the way God sees it. So whether I like it or not, God said this would happen and it does have a purpose whether we understand it or not. So, I bend to His will. You would do best to take the same stance in humbleness and see the same.

Well, my friend, that's the way you see it. I can incline to agree as well. But that's not the way God sees it. So whether I like it or not, God said this would happen and it does have a purpose whether we understand it or not. So, I bend to His will. You would do best to take the same stance in humbleness and see the same.

A temple built by stone means nothing, anyone could stand in a Jewish built temple and do whatever they like (not that i would encourage it because you would most likely be an unbeliever to do so, as i cant see a servant of His wishing to do anything but preach Christ crucified in the temple), God does not recide with the Jews in thier future built temple.
The scriptures clearly show where the temple of God is, it is the heart of men, God isnt concerned with stones and cement, He is concerned with our hearts.

That is where you defile God, not in a building or religious monument, your heart.

A temple built by stone means nothing, anyone could stand in a Jewish built temple and do whatever they like (not that i would encourage it because you would most likely be an unbeliever to do so, as i cant see a servant of His wishing to do anything but preach Christ crucified in the temple), God does not recide with the Jews in thier future built temple.
The scriptures clearly show where the temple of God is, it is the heart of men, God isnt concerned with stones and cement, He is concerned with our hearts.

That is where you defile God, not in a building or religious monument, your heart.

agreed. i'm not sure why people want to hang onto something that is obsolete, i understand the unbelieving Jews, but it is so apparent the new has replaced the old, and in that is a new and better covenant. why go backwards?

I won't repeat myself ad nauseum. All I can say is go back to post #5 and try to understand what I am saying, and that it has a place in scripture as well. I really don't know how to explain it any better, but clearly folks here are only seeing one side again and think that's all there is or matters. Whaddaya know? #5 is the number of grace. :lol

So what happens when you take the mark of the beast and where is the mark of the beast placed?
The foundation for the idea of the mark of the beast is found here:

{16} "Beware that your hearts are not deceived, and that you do not turn away and serve other gods and worship them. {17} "Or the anger of the LORD will be kindled against you, and He will shut up the heavens so that there will be no rain and the ground will not yield its fruit; and you will perish quickly from the good land which the LORD is giving you. {18} "You shall therefore impress these words of mine on your heart and on your soul; and you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. Deuteronomy 11:16-18 (NASB)
The mark of the beast is not a physical mark in that sense. It symbolizes those who place their faith in - and allegiance to - a god other than the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and is exemplified by this:

{14} Now it was the day of preparation for the Passover; it was about the sixth hour. And he [Pilate] *said to the Jews, "Behold, your King!" {15} So they cried out, "Away with Him, away with Him, crucify Him!" Pilate *said to them, "Shall I crucify your King?" The chief priests answered, "We have no king but Caesar." John 19:14-15 (NASB)

As I stated in another post, the chief priests knew - as did all in the Roman Empire at that time - that the Caesars were viewed as divine and were worshiped in temples as such. So when they said, "We have no king but Caesar", they were also saying, "We have no god but Caesar" thus rejecting the salvation God offered them through His Son and giving their allegiance to a false god.

The mark they bore in their hand - that allowed them to buy and sell - was called a "libellus."

A libellus (plural libelli) was a document given to a Roman citizen to certify performance of a pagan sacrifice, hence demonstrating loyalty to the authorities of the Roman Empire.
So when you read this:

{4} The woman was clothed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls [the breastplate of the priesthood], having in her hand a gold cup full of abominations and of the unclean things of her immorality [her idolatry], {5} and on her forehead a name was written, a mystery, "BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH." Revelation 17:4-5 (NASB)
You can see that John is describing the apostate condition of Jerusalem and the priesthood that led them to crucify Christ: apostasy that was avenged in 70 AD with Christ's coming in judgement against that generation.

So where is the temple now?

We are the temple: those who belong to His body, the church.

Nowhere in the Bible is there any mention of a third temple in Jerusalem.

In fact, the Bible specifically states there will not be a temple in "New Jerusalem":

{10} And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, {11} having the glory of God. Her brilliance was like a very costly stone, as a stone of crystal-clear jasper.
{22}
I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. Revelation 21:10-11, 22 (NASB)

Last edited by a moderator:
Psa 118:22 The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.
Psa 118:23 This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.
Psa 118:24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back