Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Where is the temple of God now?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Greetings,

Yes this has to do with End times.

Where is the temple of God among us?
They had it prior to the Jesus's ministry and afterwards also for a little while, but when Jesus ministered He did not regard the temple itself as the temple of God and further on through the Holy Spirit this is also confirmed.

So i ask, where is the temple of God? where does God reside among men?

Please present scriptures if you are able, thank you.

Grace to you, peace from God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

At this time, much like the time before the children of Israel journeyed through the wilderness, God does not "tent" among men on the Earth. There was not always a Tabernacle or the later Temple. The only time in history that there has been one is from the time of Moses to the time of Jesus with some breaks in between.

We have all likely read that since the death of Jesus it had been stated that God does not dwell in temples made with hands and that the saints were the actual temple (that is dwelling place), of God's Holy Breath. But what are we to make of these truths?
First we must realize that there is at this time NO earthly temple and no one is spoken of needing to come about again according to scripture. Secondly, and this is harder to accept but true nonetheless; God does not currently make His dwelling place among the peoples of the Earth. According to scripture (Rev 21), God will not dwell among man on the land (earth) until He has make all things new, wiped away all tears, and brought death to an end. So we must conclude that the "temple" of God is at this time a heavenly one and in no way, shape, or form a part of the current world's arrangement.

The foundation for the idea of the mark of the beast is found here:

The mark of the beast is not a physical mark in that sense. It symbolizes those who place their faith in - and allegiance to - a god other than the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and is exemplified by this:

{14} Now it was the day of preparation for the Passover; it was about the sixth hour. And he [Pilate] *said to the Jews, "Behold, your King!" {15} So they cried out, "Away with Him, away with Him, crucify Him!" Pilate *said to them, "Shall I crucify your King?" The chief priests answered, "We have no king but Caesar." John 19:14-15 (NASB)

As I stated in another post, the chief priests knew - as did all in the Roman Empire at that time - that the Caesars were viewed as divine and were worshiped in temples as such. So when they said, "We have no king but Caesar", they were also saying, "We have no god but Caesar" thus rejecting the salvation God offered them through His Son and giving their allegiance to a false god.

The mark they bore in their hand - that allowed them to buy and sell - was called a "libellus."

So when you read this:

You can see that John is describing the apostate condition of Jerusalem and the priesthood that led them to crucify Christ: apostasy that was avenged in 70 AD with Christ's coming in judgement against that generation.

So where is the temple now?

We are the temple: those who belong to His body, the church.

Nowhere in the Bible is there any mention of a third temple in Jerusalem.

In fact, the Bible specifically states there will not be a temple in "New Jerusalem":

{10} And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, {11} having the glory of God. Her brilliance was like a very costly stone, as a stone of crystal-clear jasper.
{22} I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. Revelation 21:10-11, 22 (NASB)

"Every tribe nation and tongue" Rome did not rule the world, nor did any one leader rule whats in quotation.

At this time, much like the time before the children of Israel journeyed through the wilderness, God does not "tent" among men on the Earth. There was not always a Tabernacle or the later Temple. The only time in history that there has been one is from the time of Moses to the time of Jesus with some breaks in between.

We have all likely read that since the death of Jesus it had been stated that God does not dwell in temples made with hands and that the saints were the actual temple (that is dwelling place), of God's Holy Breath. But what are we to make of these truths?
First we must realize that there is at this time NO earthly temple and no one is spoken of needing to come about again according to scripture. Secondly, and this is harder to accept but true nonetheless; God does not currently make His dwelling place among the peoples of the Earth. According to scripture (Rev 21), God will not dwell among man on the land (earth) until He has make all things new, wiped away all tears, and brought death to an end. So we must conclude that the "temple" of God is at this time a heavenly one and in no way, shape, or form a part of the current world's arrangement.

Truth there is God and there is Christ. Christ will reign on earth with the saints for a thousand years after His coming.
God will not, when the judgement of damnation occurs after the thousand years, when He has put all enemies under Him, He will dwell amongts us, Father will then come, the earth and heaven will have passed away and He will create a new heaven and new earth, present New Jerusalem and live and dwell with Christ and the saints, and the Son will subject himself to the Father.

There is an earthly temple, the flesh is earthly, God dwells on earth, if you say there is no earthly temple then you say there is no dwelling place for God and you also say the Holy Spirit is not here, which is the gaurentee of ones inheritance, if you dont have the Holy Spirit you dont have the gaurentee.
So yes there is a temple on earth for God, because He dwells in His and will do so until the coming of Christ.

we are His temple, i gave the verse previous and because He lives in us, the Kingdom of God is in us also, we are already seated in the heavenlies. The Kingdom is already here!

Luke 17: 20 And being asked by the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God cometh, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21 neither shall they say, Lo, here! or, There! for lo, the kingdom of God is within you.

I won't repeat myself ad nauseum. All I can say is go back to post #5 and try to understand what I am saying, and that it has a place in scripture as well. I really don't know how to explain it any better, but clearly folks here are only seeing one side again and think that's all there is or matters. Whaddaya know? #5 is the number of grace. :lol
:)
and with grace, we can overlook your doctrinal errors.:lol

Oh for cryin' out loud.
God's presence was sequestered in the Holy of Holies & the worshipper could approach only through the mediation of priests & blood sprinkling. There was an annual atonement for sin & the tabernacle to cleanse it from the errors of the people. (Lev.16:29-34) By that arrangement, God symbolically dwelt among the people: "And I will set my tabernacle among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people." (Lev.26:11)
However, that system was only provisional, a shadow of good things to come (Heb.10:1; Col.2:17) The substitutionary death & atoning blood of Christ were the reality of which the earthly temple was but a type. With the removal of Biblical Judaism, the greater & more perfect tabernacle was free to come. (Heb.9:11)
In Christ, God would dwell with men, &they would be His people- & he himself would be with them.
Ezekiel foresaw the tabernacle of the N.T. when he he wrote, "Moreover, I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them; and I will place them and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them evermore. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And the heathen shall know that I the Lord do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them evermore." (Ezek 37:26-28)
The fulfillment of this prophecy is shown by the letter to the Ephesians: "Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and the household of God; and are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief cornerstone; in whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: in whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit." (Eph.2:19-22)

The "no more tears" was meant for Israel. Those that came through the great tribulation. It is merely a figure of speech describing the removal of the sorrows associated with the persecutions attending the end of the age.

we are His temple, i gave the verse previous and because He lives in us, the Kingdom of God is in us also, we are already seated in the heavenlies. The Kingdom is already here!

Luke 17: 20 And being asked by the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God cometh, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21 neither shall they say, Lo, here! or, There! for lo, the kingdom of God is within you.

But have you been given your inheritance in that kingdom?
I agree the kingdom is here, for the Holy Spirit recides in His and is the gaurentee of the inheritance, but is the kingdom here and coming or is it here.?

But have you been given your inheritance in that kingdom?
I agree the kingdom is here, for the Holy Spirit recides in His and is the gaurentee of the inheritance, but is the kingdom here and coming or is it here.?

it's here and it's coming.

Truth there is God and there is Christ. Christ will reign on earth with the saints for a thousand years after His coming.
God will not, when the judgement of damnation occurs after the thousand years, when He has put all enemies under Him, He will dwell amongts us, Father will then come, the earth and heaven will have passed away and He will create a new heaven and new earth, present New Jerusalem and live and dwell with Christ and the saints, and the Son will subject himself to the Father.

There is an earthly temple, the flesh is earthly, God dwells on earth, if you say there is no earthly temple then you say there is no dwelling place for God and you also say the Holy Spirit is not here, which is the gaurentee of ones inheritance, if you dont have the Holy Spirit you dont have the gaurentee.
So yes there is a temple on earth for God, because He dwells in His and will do so until the coming of Christ.

Rockie

I highlighted a couple statements that need to be addressed. Specifically who was the YOU, WE, and US that was written to and written about in the NT? We so often make the error of reading ourselves and our contemporary time and peoples into scripture that may in fact NOT have the least bit to do with us or our time. So as I say this I fully accept the scriptural truth that shows readers that God's Holy Breath was a seal according to Ephesians and a "deposit or earnest" that acted as a guarantee of NOT SALVATION, BUT a place or should I say an inheritance in the Kingdom! This reward was NOT something promised to all believers of all time and to make it as if it was is to do a diservice to scripture and the actual reward that is promised to the just and faithful who believe in Jesus as God's Anointed One.
So, WE are NOT the ones who were spoken of a the bodies that are temples of God's Holy Breath. The Corinthian letter was speaking of the saints who were being sealed at that time and not anyone else including King David, Moses, me, or you!

Rockie

I highlighted a couple statements that need to be addressed. Specifically who was the YOU, WE, and US that was written to and written about in the NT? We so often make the error of reading ourselves and our contemporary time and peoples into scripture that may in fact NOT have the least bit to do with us or our time. So as I say this I fully accept the scriptural truth that shows readers that God's Holy Breath was a seal according to Ephesians and a "deposit or earnest" that acted as a guarantee of NOT SALVATION, BUT a place or should I say an inheritance in the Kingdom! This reward was NOT something promised to all believers of all time and to make it as if it was is to do a diservice to scripture and the actual reward that is promised to the just and faithful who believe in Jesus as God's Anointed One.
So, WE are NOT the ones who were spoken of a the bodies that are temples of God's Holy Breath. The Corinthian letter was speaking of the saints who were being sealed at that time and not anyone else including King David, Moses, me, or you!

the NT was written to all believers everywhere, and your view could be why people do not experience the gospel in power, because they do not believe. if we, as believers, would just believe what God has told us and promised us, then we could truly walk as Jesus did, we could walk as He walked, and we could be together the Body of Christ.

peace.

the NT was written to all believers everywhere, and your view could be why people do not experience the gospel in power, because they do not believe. if we, as believers, would just believe what God has told us and promised us, then we could truly walk as Jesus did, we could walk as He walked, and we could be together the Body of Christ.

peace.

Rockie my friend, what exactly is the gospel (good message of the Anointed One)? We need to clearify. We know that it is "God's power which is at work for the salvation of every one who believes--the Jew first, and then the Gentile."
There is no doubt that this good news is news that is good news for all men of all times from Adam to us because in it is LIFE and because of God's Anointed One, mankind can escape the wages of sin. That is powerful stuff indeed and it benefits all!!!
I agree that we should believe the inspired words of God. But in order to believe them, we must make sure that we properly understand them because if we do not, we could be believing something that is not of God. For instance, it is popular to promote the idea that all believers are promised a the same thing. Not true saith the scriptures. The scriptures tell us that the message, LOGOS, purpose in the mind of God for us is life and that it is in Anointed Jesus that that purpose becomes real for he redeemed mankind from the curse of sin and death. In addition to that, promises were made to select individuals to have more that just that wonderful undeserved gift of life, age lasting under the reign of the Kingdom of God. SOME were promised an inheritance in the kingdom and even authority within the reign and administration of the kingdom. THAT (authority and reign) was not promised to all believers the way that life is.

Rockie my friend, what exactly is the gospel (good message of the Anointed One)? We need to clearify. We know that it is "God's power which is at work for the salvation of every one who believes--the Jew first, and then the Gentile."
There is no doubt that this good news is news that is good news for all men of all times from Adam to us because in it is LIFE and because of God's Anointed One, mankind can escape the wages of sin. That is powerful stuff indeed and it benefits all!!!
I agree that we should believe the inspired words of God. But in order to believe them, we must make sure that we properly understand them because if we do not, we could be believing something that is not of God. For instance, it is popular to promote the idea that all believers are promised a the same thing. Not true saith the scriptures. The scriptures tell us that the message, LOGOS, purpose in the mind of God for us is life and that it is in Anointed Jesus that that purpose becomes real for he redeemed mankind from the curse of sin and death. In addition to that, promises were made to select individuals to have more that just that wonderful undeserved gift of life, age lasting under the reign of the Kingdom of God. SOME were promised an inheritance in the kingdom and even authority within the reign and administration of the kingdom. THAT (authority and reign) was not promised to all believers the way that life is.
I agree with most, but there is more power to be had and other promises He has promised, that most overlook and then we are not believing something that God DID promise, when we do that we are not living in that power that He promised.

I agree with most, but there is more power to be had and other promises He has promised, that most overlook and then we are not believing something that God DID promise, when we do that we are not living in that power that He promised.

Okay Rockie, you may have a point. Can you elaborate on the promises we often overlook?

it's here and it's coming.

Agreed.

When Christ comes we will be given the inheritance of the new body, now we are corruptible, we await the incorruptible, in corruption we have the Kingdom given as a gaurentee that we will be raised into that incoruption through the Lord Jesus Christ.
The kingdom that we are apart of now is the Holy Spirit, for the Holy Spirit is of God and is God and is given through God by Christ Jesus, the Lamb of God, but we still await the coming of the kingdom.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back