Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Where Were You?

Vince

I had just come in from night shift and was sound asleep when my wife burst in with tears and told me the US was under attack.

I had just stepped into the shower to start the day when the phone rang (PST time zone). I heard my wife say in a loud voice, "WHAT???!" As she turned on the televison, she relayed to me in no uncertain terms that we needed to pray, America is under attack!

It's was (unexpected, unprepared for) times like these that "praying in the Holy Spirit" (yes, speaking in tongues) benefitted me the most.

Be blessed, Stay blessed, and be Bold!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at work, my husband was on his way to Boston on a plane. It was our anniversary, I was pregnant with our second child. My sister called me and told me to get on a news website. And as I did the second plane hit. I remember the day was bright and beautiful. I spent it hugging my son so tightly he didn't know why. It took my husband 2 days to get home - it had taken 2.5 hours for his plane to land and for him to call me.

at the armory, as i was today.

i wish i could post the video of the awesome statement by the unit chaplain.

We were on vacation at the beach. My daughters were 2 and 3 at the time. As we were getting things packed up to head down to play on the beach, I turned the tv onto Disney for the girls. They began scrolling a message across the bottom of the tv screen to turn to your local channel. I thought that was REALLY odd being as I had never seen such a thing on a channel like Disney. So, I turned to a local channel and that's how I found out. I sat in shock. I didn't want the girls to watch it, so we turned the tv off and headed to the beach. It was so spooky though because the beach was deserted, stores all closed, and not a single plane flying across the ocean with banners advertising local businesses. Usually it's one plane after another.

On the way back to the condo, I left my video camera at the beach (thankfully, a kind, honest, elderly couple got it, watched the videos on it, and noticed us on the beach the next day and returned it to us!), so on that vacation video there is nothing mentioned about 9/11. I still can't believe I didn't mention it once when recording.

I was at work. We have these big screens in my business, all tuned into different sat com event's. The phones ring like crazy, but after the first plan hit and someone said something about it, the phones dies down. Someone turned on CNN or something and we all just watched it unfold.

I remember saying; "they finally did it." Then the second plan hit. For some reason I did not feel shocked or sadness, just numb, like I was expecting it. It did not affect me the same as others describe, and I don't know why.

Back