Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Which book in the Bible should i read?

Scarmarie

Hey Everyone, i hope your all having a wonderful and blessed day :)

my name is Scarlett and i am what i like to a call a 'Baby Christian'.
After a tough time in a my life and a breakup, i told myself that something needed to change, i thought i had tried everything i could to give myself peace and find a partner, in the moment i decided to pray about it, little did i know that was the answer all along.

long story short, i am now a devoted Christian trying to do her best and learn the word of Jesus Christ!
I bought a brand new pink bible and love doing my bible study DAILY!
i started in the book of Matthew and am now on the book of John.
i am a little stuck on what to read next? most people are telling me to start in the gospels... but which one?
are there any of books you recommend for me to read after the Gospels?
help a girl out :)

After the Gospels, Romans is a pretty popular book with a lot of good wisdom.

Are you attending a church, or at least watching sermons online? That's important too, especially early on in your walk with God.

After a tough time in a my life and a breakup, i told myself that something needed to change, i thought i had tried everything i could to give myself peace and find a partner, in the moment i decided to pray about it, little did i know that was the answer all along.

long story short, i am now a devoted Christian trying to do her best and learn the word of Jesus Christ!
i am a little stuck on what to read next? most people are telling me to start in the gospels... but which one?

Well greetings and blessings in Christ! And welcome to our forum. :thumbsup2

I started in the Book of Matthew myself, and I really zeroed in on it, so if you focused primarily on Matthew for awhile you wouldn't go wrong in my opinion. But it's all about going where the Spirit of God leads you, so make the following a habit and you will get the most out of your Bible study time:

1. Pray regularly, asking Him to guide you to a book or passage that would teach you something good, asking that the Holy Spirit reveal to you what the meaning is and what was being talked about.

2. Listen to what He starts showing you, and stop when you receive something.

3. Meditate on it, until what He teaches you becomes part of you. I used to not do this part until I noticed a recurring trend. He would teach me something in scripture, but because I didn't meditate on it to get it down inside me, it would skip my mind and I would have to learn it over again. So a year later He would show me again, and I would think, "Wow, this is great... hey wait a minute, haven't I learned this before somewhere?..." LoL.

Feel free to ask questions. That's what we're here for, and welcome once again to our community. :SOHAPy

Hi @Scaremarie and welcome to CF :wave2

Just start with the four Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John and continue with Acts and then Romans as this will teach you about Jesus, the Holy Spirit and our relationship with Him. There is also a Q&A forum you can ask us anything there. God bless you on your journey :)

Good advice so far. I'd like to add to take your time. It's more than just reading the words but to listen to them, pray about them, study them, and meditate on them.

My personal favorites are the four gospels with John being my most favorite, Acts, Romans, John's letters, and Peter's letters and ...

I recommend the Book of Acts about the early church and then Genesis, the book of beginnings.

My recommendation would have been Matthew. Since you've already done that and since you said your life was hard the book of Job (Old Testament) showed me that God is with you every step of the way and when you trust in Him you will find that you will receive Much, Much more than you lost. In Job's case he received double what he started with because he never turned away from God even though he went through some very terrible things along the way. That alone has been a valuable lesson for me.

1 - find yourself a good congregation that preaches the gospel and teaches the Bible.
2 - get some others who are strong believers and make friends with them
3 - find one strong believing woman to learn from.
4 - there are many resources to help you learn the bible. I would recommend 2 by a great bible teacher of the 1900s, Derek Prince. First would be his "Self Study Bible Course" and his "Foundational Truths" Right after that.
1728830633895.jpeg Image1.jpg

Well greetings and blessings in Christ! And welcome to our forum. :thumbsup2

I started in the Book of Matthew myself, and I really zeroed in on it, so if you focused primarily on Matthew for awhile you wouldn't go wrong in my opinion. But it's all about going where the Spirit of God leads you, so make the following a habit and you will get the most out of your Bible study time:

1. Pray regularly, asking Him to guide you to a book or passage that would teach you something good, asking that the Holy Spirit reveal to you what the meaning is and what was being talked about.

2. Listen to what He starts showing you, and stop when you receive something.

3. Meditate on it, until what He teaches you becomes part of you. I used to not do this part until I noticed a recurring trend. He would teach me something in scripture, but because I didn't meditate on it to get it down inside me, it would skip my mind and I would have to learn it over again. So a year later He would show me again, and I would think, "Wow, this is great... hey wait a minute, haven't I learned this before somewhere?..." LoL.

Feel free to ask questions. That's what we're here for, and welcome once again to our community. :SOHAPy
WOW, Thankyou so much for your words! This is fantastic to hear

Hi @Scaremarie and welcome to CF :wave2

Just start with the four Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John and continue with Acts and then Romans as this will teach you about Jesus, the Holy Spirit and our relationship with Him. There is also a Q&A forum you can ask us anything there. God bless you on your journey :)
Should i be reading Acts at the same time as the Gospels?

Im very happy to hear about your dedication :)

This isnt exactly what you asked for ....buuuuuut.....

One strategy for a reading plan is to read 2 pages from the Old testament daily. And on top of that 2 pages from the New testament daily.

With 520 pages in my OT and 150 pages in my NT in my particular Bible it allows me to read the OT 1.4x in a year and the NT 4.8x in a year, if i follow that daily reading plan.

So itll be different from Bible to Bible depending on the amount of pages.

But ultimately, im sure if you keep seeking the Lord he will direct you where to go 🤙

Should i be reading Acts at the same time as the Gospels?
Only Matthew, Mark, Luke and John make up the four Gospels. Acts, like all the books of the Bible are very important and should be read after reading the four Gospels first. The four Gospels will teach you about Jesus and our relationship to Him and Acts will teach you about the power of the Holy Spirit.

Back