Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

White Privilege

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Now that I think about it racism really doesn't exist in the United States anymore.We pretty much cleaned up our legal system. But Prejudice rears its ugly head in both subtle and overt ways. I have experienced it from blacks and whites because I had a mixed marriage

Just to clarify regarding semantics. There is there is no such thing as Reverse Racism. There is reverse Prejudice. That's when a black person treats a white person badly for no reason. Racism only refers to institutionalized discrimination. When discrimination is part of the law it's racism. I know of no law created by black people that discriminate against whites.
Don't affirmative action laws create a situation like that? By definition it puts the favor on a minority or other characteristic (gender, skin color, etc.) over whites.

I know you were shocked. But what she is telling you is true. Knowledge is the beginning of change. That is what God wants for this world change

I know you were shocked. But what she is telling you is true. Knowledge is the beginning of change. That is what God wants for this world change
Not necessarily shocked. Just find it difficult to believe because in my experience, which I admit is little and why I started this thread. Most of the time I feel as though discrimination or white privilege is used as an excuse for not getting something.

I'm not saying that it doesn't happen but I even see it among whites. One example I've experienced many times in my career was one coworker receiving a promotion over another coworker. The one who did not get it claims the other guy had connections, belonged to the good ol' boys club, or that he was a suck up.

Another example is when someone found out that a coworker got higher pay for the same job title. Having the same title or responsibilities doesn't necessarily mean the same qualifications.

There could be many reasons besides discrimination for the better pay or promotions including qualifications, experience, work ethic, attitude, dependability, and the list goes on.

This reminds me of the parable of the laborers in the field found in Matthew 20:1-16.

You can walk down the beach public streets here and not have white snow birds think something is wrong ,and yes it happens.

I'm,not so sure we have come far ,while its not like it was .Gifford and ft.pierce. have racial histories I can inquire about .
So,much history locally that ties into national issues and no,time .

Gifford,wabasso and Oslo,though,the later two aren't black communities originally are places I might delve into .Oslo,is where my church is and pastor wants to tie and to reach Oslo ,so he asked me to find pre 1900 photos of local families. Accounts .

I,started with a member who lives across from it,black and attended Gifford high and added my wife's home as,her house is in,a community that he wanted to reach .she lived there for a few years and her brother was born there .I,found an old photo of it from,a friend who,lived there after they did.I,ask,to,include Viking .a ghost town attached to Oslo,by,a family .

His intent,is to dig the connection,via a mural to show the church roots to Oslo,it isn't that old but it has 25 years,I,told him,I saw them build it and,suggested the two pree 1900 homes by it ,one of a few .since those families employed blacks as did other packers ,photos will show both black and white grove workers
I'm not saying the window was in use when shown to me. A black co-worker showed it to me as to the scars that were present in the plant.

Dr.Hudson was my,principal at Gifford middle six,the church ,there its one I,was discussing .I,have photos.

A while back, in a restaurant in Chicago, a guy become violent and uncontrollable. Someone called the police. A security guard managed to take the perp down, and was struggling to keep him down when the police came in.

A police officer saw the struggle and shot the uniformed guard.

What color was the perp, and what color was the guard?

That is what white privilege is about. A lot of department are working to immunize their officers against it. But it's far from dead.

It's not a new thing; we see it more often because everyone has a video camera, now.

Here's one of the examples shared by my neighbor's daughter-in-law. This was witnessed by my neighbor as he was there. They had gone out to eat at a local restaurant. There were seven in their party. The server came out to take their orders and totally ignored my neighbor's daughter-in-law as if she wasn't there. Of course they called her out on it and she was all apologetic. But I could imagine this would not be easy to accept. I think I personally would have had conversation with the manager and then left the establishment. This may not actually be an example of white privilege but is most definitely one of racial discrimination, subtle as it may be.

She also spoke of being pulled over by the police while driving to/from work. They did not indicate any violation that prompted their action and only proceeded to ask questions about where she was going and why she was going there. What business is that of theirs? She believes the motivation for pulling her over was racially charged and I can believe that. There's no cause to do that to an individual.

I do remember when I was younger getting stopped by state police (highway patrol) for vehicle safety inspections. If violations or concerns were found they issued fix-it tickets so you had to make the repairs within so many days. In these cases, they pulled many vehicles over at random and I believe it was later determined these safety checks were not legal or something because they could be racially charged. I haven't seen them done in decades.

Comedian Eddie Murphy once did a skit on this subject once it became an accusation. He found it to be absolutely ludicrous.
(Eddie himself on a personal level was known for some of his own personal excesses)

It's not actually true. There is no such thing as"White Privilege". But people twist facts and leave important details out to make things appear differently than what is really true.

Let's look at working demographics.
White people with post secondary educations make 15% more than minorities with the exact same credentials.
On the surface this makes it look like minorities are being discriminated against.
However...
When aptitude tests are applied...
It was discovered that those same minorities who scored equally in aptitude as their white counterparts in the same positions, they actually earned 9% more for the same position.
Showing that there actually is a reverse discrimination going on. Minorities who perform equally as whites are rewarded more than average compensation.
What's shown more is that obviously grades and competencies are being given rather than earned for minorities. Add that in with the scholarships available to minorities and there's a whopping disproportionate cost advantage for being a minority that whites do not receive.

So where this label exists...it's simply not true.
cool - didn't know that - thanks

cool - didn't know that - thanks
This is the thing that gives me outrage. The twisting of facts and deliberate manipulation that is going on.

My mamma called that flat out lying. I've punished my own son for doing this very same thing. But yet for whatever reason these people who claim to be proclaiming straight news are flat out lying.

These days no one even thinks of a black kid going to school. The national guard isn't called out to prevent it. (As what happened in the '60's)

If someone even thought about giving a minority a roadblock of some kind that prevented them from attending school they wouldn't see the light of day for a very long time. The prison sentences and lawsuits would prevent it.

The Eddie Murphy skit was hilarious..he went to a bank as a black man for s loan and they gave him a mountain of paperwork to fill out and an exhorbitant interest rate and finally wouldn't give him the loan.
Then he puts on makeup to make himself appear ridiculously white and goes into the same bank for a loan but instead of the same loan officer handing him forms he just reached into the center drawer of his desk and hands Eddie stacks of money saying "awww just bring it back whenever you can"

It was hilarious.

This is the thing that gives me outrage. The twisting of facts and deliberate manipulation that is going on.

My mamma called that flat out lying. I've punished my own son for doing this very same thing. But yet for whatever reason these people who claim to be proclaiming straight news are flat out lying.
Whose the worse,those that buy from these or the news source?

Whose the worse,those that buy from these or the news source?

Well it used to be that the advertisers would pull out their advertising dollars for programs that said anything untoward. The news agencies though were considered "untouchable" because they weren't like sitcoms or other soap operas. They weren't supposed to contain opinion in any way. Unless it was an obvious "gimme" of some kind.
But around the time Tip O'Neal presided over the checking scandal of the House of Representatives things began to slowly shift away from pure news and began to become more commentary than news. More manipulation of facts than truth.

All this started shortly after the original Watergate scandal and the peace protests of the 60's.

California led the pack because of the way that their State Constitution is written it is ridiculously easy to get a law up for vote. Getting it approved or fought against was what took advertising dollars and outrageous rhetoric. The most expensive fights over the legislation happened during the news programs with the ads... some deliberately trying to look like another news report.

People in the media became personally interested in the outcomes of these laws. They began to shade things. The hippies and baby boomers were running the show.

Well it used to be that the advertisers would pull out their advertising dollars for programs that said anything untoward. The news agencies though were considered "untouchable" because they weren't like sitcoms or other soap operas. They weren't supposed to contain opinion in any way. Unless it was an obvious "gimme" of some kind.
But around the time Tip O'Neal presided over the checking scandal of the House of Representatives things began to slowly shift away from pure news and began to become more commentary than news. More manipulation of facts than truth.

All this started shortly after the original Watergate scandal and the peace protests of the 60's.

California led the pack because of the way that their State Constitution is written it is ridiculously easy to get a law up for vote. Getting it approved or fought against was what took advertising dollars and outrageous rhetoric. The most expensive fights over the legislation happened during the news programs with the ads... some deliberately trying to look like another news report.

People in the media became personally interested in the outcomes of these laws. They began to shade things. The hippies and baby boomers were running the show.
Communiists

Back