Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who are we to judge?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hi Brother Wrg1405, since judgment begins at the house of God (1 Pet 4:17), and Jn 5:22 says all judgment is given unto the son, to me it is necessary to examine our standing according to those of us of the Church like them at seven different locations written of in Revelation Chapters Two and Three. Could we be those of Rev 2:4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love (Putting Christ first?). How about those in Smyrna of Rev 2:10 found faithful unto death? Or Philadelphia in Rev 3:10 being kept from the temptation to come upon all the world because they faithfully keep the word of God?

The Bible is very clear that we are to judge. But the one place we can not judge is the heart.
That's off limits. That's territory only God can tread.

But if you smack me on the head with a vase, or poke my eyes 3 Stooges style, then, yes, I'm going to pass judgment on your behavior. And, if you don't acknowledge the wrong you've committed against me when confronted about it, I have Jesus' command to regard you as a pagan. The one thing I can NOT judge is your heart in the matter. That's betweenst the offender and God.

Judging behavior is NOT the same as holding a grudge, in case anyone is thinking in that vein.

Last edited:
The problem is judging outside of Christ. Its too easy to judge the world. Because Christians know who Christ is, they judge the world through him and that's not what Christ taught.

Its more like thank God for his mercy through Christ because he took away the sin of the world.

Last edited:
Correct me if im wrong but i think the scriptures say judge with a righteous judgement and only judge within the church not outside the church.
1Co 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
1Co 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
1Co 5:13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

People can follow Paul who is all over the place, or just take the safe opinion and just do what Jesus said. “Do not judge, or you too will be judged". Pauls intentions were good, but Christ is simple in his words. Just don't judge and you wont be judged. Paul speaks too many words trying to make a point, he can be a stumbling block.

Last edited:
People can follow Paul who is all over the place, or just take the safe opinion and just do what Jesus said. “Do not judge, or you too will be judged". Pauls intentions were good, but Christ is simple in his words. Just don't judge and you wont be judged. Paul speaks too many words trying to make a point, he can be a stumbling block.
As Jethro pointed out, Jesus said more than that. And in context, the verse you quoted from is about hypocritical judging, not not judging.

As for Paul, we must follow his advice. Much of the NT is about making proper judgements--false teaching and teachers; false prophets; sin in the Church. If we weren't to judge at all, the Church would be an absolute mess. Not to mention that Paul's words are inspired.

As Jethro pointed out, Jesus said more than that. And in context, the verse you quoted from is about hypocritical judging, not not judging.

As for Paul, we must follow his advice. Much of the NT is about making proper judgements--false teaching and teachers; false prophets; sin in the Church. If we weren't to judge at all, the Church would be an absolute mess. Not to mention that Paul's words are inspired.

The church is an absolute mess. The church is more divided than politics. The church does not represent one body of Christ and does not set a good example, its each denomination to there own and each church to there own.

How often does one denomination church help another church down the road. I bet a big church just watches a small churches doors close with no compassion. Just like big business eating small business.

All have the same root of the gospel they just go into fairyland.

Last edited:
kiwidan.. let me know how many churches you have visited to come away with such strong opinions... He is building His Church and it is growing just as He planed.

kiwidan.. let me know how many churches you have visited to come away with such strong opinions... He is building His Church and it is growing just as He planed.

Let me know how many denominations there are that have divided the church. Let me know how many different names of churches there are. How many can I choose from.

why do you think denominations are necessarily bad ?

Being a little different from another is not a bad thing...

You did not answer the question

I have been to about 20 churches from different denominations from my TV set. And I have walked into about 5 churches in my life. One since I found faith in Christ and the others when i was younger. Nothing bad about them in general worship and fellowship is good, they just preach different things that divides the body of Christ. One Church believes different things from another down the road, and some, well they dont even preach Christ.

Last edited:
I have been to about 20 churches from different denominations from my TV set. And I have walked into about 5 churches in my life. One since I found faith in Christ and the others when i was younger. Nothing bad about them in general worship and fellowship is good, they just preach different things.

25 churches, if you count the televised ones. 5 churches if only you count the ones you had physicle contact with. Just a thought though. There's more to church then just the sermons. I've heard of people having problems with a church because of the community in the church not the teachings, and I've heard the reverse too.

So far for me though, I must have been lucky. Different Christians might be easy or difficult to get along with (expecially when I was younger and harder to get along with) but church as a whole hasn't ever been a negitive experience. At least not on the third try going to it. (Each church is different and accommodating to the change for me takes about that long before my high horse finally settles in.

I get it kiwidan :)

You believe you are right to judge all the denominations as being divisive .. Why do you believe so?

Im not judging just giving my opinion. As i said each to there own. The Church judges itself. If a mormon or JW knocking on your door and welcomed you to there church of Jesus Christ would you go?. One in Christ remember. It would rude not to go and have fellowship with brothers and sisters in Christ who have invited you to share in fellowship.

Back