Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who is your favorite Bible character?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
E

elijah23

Who, other than the Lord, is your favorite Bible character, and why?

Thomas. After Lazarus died and Jesus was going to Bethany, the disciples were trying to persuade Him not to and what did Thomas say? "Let us also go, that we may die with him." That's pretty cool. I know Thomas gets a bad rap as a doubter, but I bet a lot of us would probably have behaved the same way if we were put in that position. I mean, Peter denied Christ and he's venerated.

Job.
Now there is a man with faith even under fire from his peers.
I love that book.

Ooohhh, I forgot about Job. That's one of my favorite books, too.

Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me. Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding

That passage gives me goosebumps every time.

You got it.

Job 40:8 Wilt thou also disannul my judgment? wilt thou condemn me, that thou mayest be righteous?
Job 40:9 Hast thou an arm like God? or canst thou thunder with a voice like him?
Job 40:10 Deck thyself now with majesty and excellency; and array thyself with glory and beauty.
Job 40:11 Cast abroad the rage of thy wrath: and behold every one that is proud, and abase him.
Job 40:12 Look on every one that is proud, and bring him low; and tread down the wicked in their place.
Job 40:13 Hide them in the dust together; and bind their faces in secret.
Job 40:14 Then will I also confess unto thee that thine own right hand can save thee.

Very majestic and to the point.

King David, joshua, and Paul. I do like the prophets Daniel, Isiah, and jeremiah.

King David for his overall integrety, and Joshua for his courage, David has the same.Paul for his boldness, yet gentileness. The prophets for each had to face the unbelieving pagans and or jews.

I like John the Baptist. His message (“Repent, the kingdom of heaven is at hand,â€) is right to the point, I would say.

Paul. After Peter dropped the ball, so to speak, Paul took off with it and completely dedicated his entire life and being to serve his master.

Job has always been my favorite...and my favorite verse comes from there, as well.
Job 42:10 said:
And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before.

glorydaz said:
Job has always been my favorite...and my favorite verse comes from there, as well.
And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before.

I was going to say David, but you have all changed my mind :) I like that verse, too, Glory, it's exactly what God does for us!

DarcyLu said:
glorydaz said:

I was going to say David, but you have all changed my mind :) I like that verse, too, Glory, it's exactly what God does for us!

Another thing I love about Job....he cursed the sun and everything under it in his misery, but he never cursed God. And his friends? Gee with friends like that, who needs enemies? :biglaugh

I think the attraction for Job is that he wasn't called as a patriarch so-to-speak like other well known characters in the bible. I think people can relate better with Job. Not many of us are a David or a John or a Paul. But all of us have endured adversity at one time or another.

elijah23 said:

The Blessed Virgin

Why? Oh, I could write a book on why

Blessed_Virgin_Mary.jpg

Rick W said:
I think the attraction for Job is that he wasn't called as a patriarch so-to-speak like other well known characters in the bible. I think people can relate better with Job. Not many of us are a David or a John or a Paul. But all of us have endured adversity at one time or another.

I think you're right. :biglaugh

TheCatholic said:
elijah23 said:

The Blessed Virgin

Why? Oh, I could write a book on why

Blessed_Virgin_Mary.jpg

I'm not surprised. :)

Mary was very blessed...from being pregnant with the Son of God to watching Him suffer and die on the cross, she didn't have it easy...but what a priviledge.

Let's not have a discussion about Mary. The topic was answered so let's move on with other people's opinion as to their favorite Bible character.

Besides Jesus Christ:

Paul for his boldness!!!

Hannah, because throughout her being picked on and misunderstood even by the priest, she had faithfulness in the Lord and things came to pass for her.

Back