Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who will be "left behind"?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

JohnR

I have heard it said that those who do not believe in a rapture have a pretty good chance of not going up in the rapture. I believer that the resurrection power of God is already working in those who will be taken up to be with Jesus when He returns for His Bride the Church.

There is nothing more powerful then the resurrection power of God. An atomic bomb can kill but the power of God can rise us up from the dead and give us eternal life. As Jesus said, according to your faith, let it be onto you.

Clearly He is coming for a people who is looking for Him to come for them and who are yielding to the work God is wanting to do in them and through them. We can do nothing apart from God. Everything that God is not a part of will be burned up in the fire and destroyed.

Hebrews 9:28
so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.

I really don't think our position on the occurrence of the rapture, is critical to salvation, that is as long as you believe Christ will return. I think regardless of ones position it does not affect their watchfulness.

Those who deny any rapture may however have a problem, I don't think you could class them as watchful. I don't know if you could even class those as Christian.
I am not pre-trib, but I don't discount it, if it happens Great!. So as I said it doesn't have any effect on my watching, its just a matter of "I told you so". :)

Are you suggesting that those who don't believe in the rapture are left behind?

I am not exactly sure where I place those who don't believe in a rapture. I guess, it would all depend on what exactly they do believe.

There are differing opinions on the timing of the rapture, but not to believe in one at all! is a little different story.

Well the word is equivocal... but if you mean by rapture a snatching away of believers while unbelievers are not, I absolutely deny the rapture.

Rapture, snatching away, catching up, all one in the same. Why would you not believe in a rapture, and what would it have to do with those who would not be raptured. Is it you feel there is something unfair in this?.

No nothing unfair.... I am sorry, where did I imply unfairness? I would not want to make that mistake again.

I believe the rapture is the general resurrection. Does that clear it up at all?

samuel said:
I am not exactly sure where I place those who don't believe in a rapture. I guess, it would all depend on what exactly they do believe.

There are differing opinions on the timing of the rapture, but not to believe in one at all! is a little different story.
Be careful Samuel. Salvation IS NOT dependant on any view concerning the harpazo.

Vic C. said:
Be careful Samuel. Salvation IS NOT dependant on any view concerning the harpazo.

I believe I made that pretty clear a few posts ago. But a lot of people who say there is no rapture also do not believe in hell, a physical resurrection, and numerous other heresys. I was trying to determine Dee Dee's position on her statement concerning the rapture.

Quite a few people believe there is no rapture, only a general resurrection, but most of them are Seventh Day Adventist.

samuel said:
I believe I made that pretty clear a few posts ago. But a lot of people who say there is no rapture also do not believe in hell, a physical resurrection, and numerous other heresys. I was trying to determine Dee Dee's position on her statement concerning the rapture.

Quite a few people believe there is no rapture, only a general resurrection, but most of them are Seventh Day Adventist.

Just to ease your mind, I do believe in Hell, I absolutely do believe in a physical resurrection wtihout which I do not believe there is Christian faith, and I am not SDA. However, I do believe that the rapture is the event known as the general resurrection.

Vic C. said:
My apologies brother. :oops:

Yet it is alright to call me a heretic over my eschatology?

Lifelong Southern Baptist and a dispie for more than 30 years yet because I take a partial-preterist view to its logical conclusion it is open season on me?

Will this message be removed as well?

preterist said:

Lifelong Southern Baptist and a dispie for more than 30 years yet because I take a partial-preterist view to its logical conclusion it is open season on me?

1- Show me where I ever called you a heretic. Please don't misquote me.

2- It's only open season if you provoke it.

3-No, then my quoting you would be invalid. 8-)

Please, don't disrupt this forum.

Vic C. said:
1- Show me where I ever called you a heretic. Please don't misquote me.

2- It's only open season if you provoke it.

3-No, then my quoting you would be invalid. 8-)

Please, don't disrupt this forum.

1. I wasn't referring to you, but you seemed to warn Samuel about using an eschatology belief as a basis for salvation. Yet someone can come on and call me one and nothing is said. Am I wrong in assuming a double standard?

2. Have I provoked anything? Please show me where.

3. :lol:

Disrupt? Where?

preterist said:

Who fired that shot?.

Anyway Dee Dee I am just curious, what makes you believe that the rapture, and the general resurrection are one and the same. My problem with this, is that would have the church going through the wrath of God. Something there are definite promises on - to the contrary.

samuel said:
Anyway Dee Dee I am just curious, what makes you believe that the rapture, and the general resurrection are one and the same. My problem with this, is that would have the church going through the wrath of God. Something there are definite promises on - to the contrary.

Wrath of God.... meaning the Great Tribulation? I don't believe that is in our future.

Well you may say not SDA, but your the next thing to it. These are all their doctrines. I am out of time tonight, have to go to bed, but I will get back tomorrow. :)

samuel said:
Well you may say not SDA, but your the next thing to it. These are all their doctrines. I am out of time tonight, have to go to bed, but I will get back tomorrow. :)

Can you explain? I believe nothing of SDA distinctives. I am not Sabbatarian, I don't think the Pope is the Antichrist, I don't believe in the prophetess status of Ellen G. White? The SDA are historicist.... in fact I can't think of anything distinctive that I hold in common with SDA. I am actually very close to certain conservative Presybies, except for the little thing :) of not being a Calvinist.

Dee Dee Warren said:
Wrath of God.... meaning the Great Tribulation? I don't believe that is in our future.
Well now, simce you brought it up... and I believe the Bible teaches the GT and Wrath of God are two seperate events, are you saying you don't believe in a future Wrath?

I don't think the Pope is the Antichrist
Heh, neither do I.

I don't believe in the prophetess status of Ellen G. White?
Was that measnt to be a question? If not... I don't believe it either.

The SDA are historicist.... in fact I can't think of anything distinctive that I hold in common with SDA. I am actually very close to certain conservative Presybies, except for the little thing of not being a Calvinist.
I'm not one of those 5 pointers either. 8-)

Since he has mentioned the "wrath" as somethng he didn't think the people of God had to go through and that my view would require that, it appeared to me he was assuming a future Great Tribulation thus my answer. I not only believe in a future wrath, but a present one. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men. And there will be a final judgment and a final putting down of all Christ's enemies. But it is not the event described in Matthew 24 or the first 18 chapters of Revelation.

I have no idea why I point a question mark after Ellen White.... I tend to do that with questions marks, I don't know why.

In fact I am really puzzling as to exactly what I said that would bring SDA to mind. In fact, the thing is that nearly all points of view would have something in common with a point of view we wouldn't want to be associated with. I am sure everyone here is aware that Mormons are premillennial - but that doesn't make premillers like Mormons. In fact many "Christian" cults are premillennial - but that doesn't create a guilt by association to Christian premill (and for the record I don't automatically dismiss SDA - I just happen to not be one - but one of the best anti-dispie book out there is by an SDA, it is called "The Israel of God in Prophecy" by Hans K. LaRondelle)

Back