Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why are we vaccinating children against COVID-19?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
These are doctors and scientists around the world who are not censored by the main stream media.

They are not Democrats or Republicans.

You would do well to listen.

JLB
Exactly! Doctors and scientists around the world are not censored by the mainstream media for a very good reason: there is all kinds of disinformation out there about COVID-19. The mainstream media is very, very careful about what they report, unlike the alternative media. You would do well to pay attention to them instead of sites such as rumble.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly! Doctors and scientists around the world are not censored by the mainstream media for a very good reason: there is all kinds of disinformation out there about COVID-19. The mainstream media is very, very careful about what they report, unlike the alternative media. You would do well to pay attention to them instead of sites such as rumble.com.

trump started the whole idea of "fake news" in order to have people believe whatever garbage is out there, regardless of its truthfulness or accuracy. Apparently it works on some people.
Which media source(s) are this very, very careful main stream?

Exactly! Doctors and scientists around the world are not censored by the mainstream media for a very good reason: there is all kinds of disinformation out there about COVID-19.

I agree. Doctors around the world are not censored, which is how the video clip I presented is able to be seen.

It’s very informative.

JLB

The major recognized news networks: NBC, ABC, CBS. Not Fox.
Just so you know, all three of those networks are politically biased toward the left based on a search for media bias. Of the three, CBS is probably considered the most balanced politically but still leaning toward the left.

Just so you know, all three of those networks are politically biased toward the left based on a search for media bias. Of the three, CBS is probably considered the most balanced politically but still leaning toward the left.
Thank you for your opinion.

Thank you for your opinion.
That wasn't very observant of you. It's not my opinion. It's the result of a search for "media bias chart" that I got those results. Here are a couple links for you to see for yourself. The first two results that showed up for me on Google were the two I post below. Literally every other link I checked pointed to one of these two sources.

Here's a link to one that shows ABC more balanced. https://adfontesmedia.com/static-mbc/?utm_source=HomePage_StaticMBC_Image&utm_medium=OnWebSite_Link

Here's one that shows all three left of center. https://www.allsides.com/sites/default/files/AllSidesMediaBiasChart-Version5.1.jpg

That wasn't very observant of you. It's not my opinion. It's the result of a search for "media bias chart" that I got those results. Here are a couple links for you to see for yourself. The first two results that showed up for me on Google were the two I post below. Literally every other link I checked pointed to one of these two sources.

Here's a link to one that shows ABC more balanced. https://adfontesmedia.com/static-mbc/?utm_source=HomePage_StaticMBC_Image&utm_medium=OnWebSite_Link

Here's one that shows all three left of center. https://www.allsides.com/sites/default/files/AllSidesMediaBiasChart-Version5.1.jpg
Did you happen to notice that allsides.com has this statement? "Ratings do not reflect accuracy or credibility; they reflect perspective only"? I assume that adfontesmedia is similar.

It's no great feat to find a couple of sites on the web that reinforce one's predetermined opinion.

Did you happen to notice that allsides.com has this statement? "Ratings do not reflect accuracy or credibility; they reflect perspective only"? I assume that adfontesmedia is similar.

It's no great feat to find a couple of sites on the web that reinforce one's predetermined opinion.
I only looked at the charts as that is what I was curious about.

Again, you were not being very observant. I told you that these were the first two hits on my Google search. Here, I'll post the screen shot from my search showing the results. My search was unbiased as you can see in the search field and I shared links to the first two hits. It was not my attempt to post sites specifically to bolster my predetermined opinion for my personal opinion is that I can not name a single news source that I feel merely reports the news without interjecting personal opinion or political banter.

I'm going to take a moment here to remind you of our Terms of Service, 1.4. I ask you take this to heart.

1.4: Do not misquote or misrepresent another member. Do not state a negative opinion about a member's denomination, leaders, founders, or the veracity of a member's faith. (Exodus 20:16)

1643221991470.png

Last edited:
Reactions: JLB
I only looked at the charts as that is what I was curious about.

Again, you were not being very observant. I told you that these were the first two hits on my Google search. Here, I'll post the screen shot from my search showing the results. My search was unbiased as you can see in the search field and I shared links to the first two hits. It was not my attempt to post sites specifically to bolster my predetermined opinion for my personal opinion is that I can not name a single news source that I feel merely reports the news without interjecting personal opinion or political banter.

I'm going to take a moment here to remind you of our Terms of Service, 1.4. I ask you take this to heart.

1.4: Do not misquote or misrepresent another member. Do not state a negative opinion about a member's denomination, leaders, founders, or the veracity of a member's faith. (Exodus 20:16)

View attachment 13964
To the best of my knowledge I did not misquote or misrepresent another member (you). I did not state a negative opinion about your denomination, leaders, founders, or the veracity of your faith. We were discussing the source of your information regarding the veracity of news outlets. It is obvious from our discussion that we disagree on a number of politically-charged issues such as COVID-19. It's not personal.

To the best of my knowledge I did not misquote or misrepresent another member (you). I did not state a negative opinion about your denomination, leaders, founders, or the veracity of your faith. We were discussing the source of your information regarding the veracity of news outlets. It is obvious from our discussion that we disagree on a number of politically-charged issues such as COVID-19. It's not personal.
Let me help you gain some knowledge then. You've implied that I have a motive or narrative to support an opinion or viewpoint with regard to what you referred to as main stream media. I really do not know what "main stream media" means. Your assertion is way off the mark and unfounded and in violation of TOS 1.4 and I respectfully request that you avoid making such assumptions.

Yes, we do disagree on some issues but that does not warrant you making accusations or assumptions about my motives or agendas. What you fail to recognize is that, try as I might, I have not yet been able to find a news media source that has the integrity to be very, very careful and only report the news without injecting personal opinion, political slants, or other ulterior motives. Even those listed as in the political center in the charts I provided have failed.

Let me help you gain some knowledge then. You've implied that I have a motive or narrative to support an opinion or viewpoint with regard to what you referred to as main stream media. I really do not know what "main stream media" means. Your assertion is way off the mark and unfounded and in violation of TOS 1.4 and I respectfully request that you avoid making such assumptions.

Yes, we do disagree on some issues but that does not warrant you making accusations or assumptions about my motives or agendas. What you fail to recognize is that, try as I might, I have not yet been able to find a news media source that has the integrity to be very, very careful and only report the news without injecting personal opinion, political slants, or other ulterior motives. Even those listed as in the political center in the charts I provided have failed.

For the record, you have shown yourself to be level headed, and balanced in these type of threads. Those of us who know you appreciate this about you.

Thank you for being such an awesome asset to this community.

JLB

Last edited:
For the record, you have shown yourself to level headed, and balanced in these type of threads. Those of us who know you appreciate this about you.

JLB
I will not engage in any more conversations with either of you. We sharply disagree about our views of current political affairs and I doubt strongly that we are "listening" to each other.

I'm done.

I will not engage in any more conversations with either of you. We sharply disagree about our views of current political affairs and I doubt strongly that we are "listening" to each other.

I'm done.

Ok.

For the record, you have shown yourself to be level headed, and balanced in these type of threads. Those of us who know you appreciate this about you.

JLB
Thanks, I appreciate your kind comments.

As I wrote to JLB, I will not engage in any more conversations with either of you. We sharply disagree about our views of current political affairs and I doubt strongly that we are "listening" to each other.

I'm done.

As I wrote to JLB, I will not engage in any more conversations with either of you. We sharply disagree about our views of current political affairs and I doubt strongly that we are "listening" to each other.

I'm done.
I'm okay with that.

For what it's worth, despite our disagreements, if you look back at my posts with regard to Covid, masking, etc., I think you would be able to see that I have never argued against wearing masks or getting vaccinated nor have I argued mandating either of them. I have only tried to post information about concerns that I have had and I have as often as practical tried to include links to my sources for all to see. I understand the value in masking and vaccination but I also understand there are limitations, risks, and potential dangers too and have said more than once that it is a personal decision that should be made between ourselves and our health care providers.

I have actually been trying to take a middle-of-the-road approach as much as possible because I am not convinced of one way or the other. The same is true when it comes to political debates. While I tend to lean a little more toward the right my politics are primarily in the center. When asked, I best describe myself as a liberal Republican. I whole heartedly wish there were more in our government offices that were more politically in the middle. I am almost as comfortable supporting a conservative Democrat as I am a liberal Republican.

Reactions: JLB
Back