Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Why Christians Fail to Receive Healing

lesjude

The Bible clearly gives the reasons and that healing is promised.

Demon possession/oppression can be a cause of sickness. Jesus cast out many demons and the result was healing. See also 2 Corinthians 7:1 for Christians needing deliverance.

Sin is how sickness came into the world so it follows that if a believer sins and refuses all correction from God then He can chasten with sickness. Repentance brings healing.
The healing of the sickness, not the sickness, is for the glory of God. John 9:1-3

Christians can be ill and stay ill from ignorance of the healing Jesus provided in the atonement.

Everyone gets the measure of faith from God but it is the believers responsibility to grow and exercise that faith (Romans 10:17 and Jude 20). If that responsibility is not met healing can be elusive. God can allow it to send that message of our responsibility if all else fails.

They can stay ill because they do not know what Bible faith is Hebrews 11, or how to put it to work James 2:18-26 and Mark 11:24 to receive healing. No one gets ANYTHING from God unless they exercise Bible faith. The first step is coming to God in child like trust being positive of His will in the matter based on His word.

Sickness can simply be a trial to defeat the devil, glorify God, and refine the believer's faithfulness and character (see James 1:2-4, 1 Peter 1:6-7) which is why there is often a period of time between asking and receiving by faith and the manifestation of the healing (Mark 11:24).
Christians get sick and stay sick for abusing their bodies. Praying over ones food is VERY important for obvious reasons. It keeps us safe from all the "stuff" in it.
Disobedience, unforgiveness, the negative things we say about ourselves, wanting to be sick to use it for control, sympathy, a hobby, ect.; involvement in the occult by Christians i.e. horoscope, ouija board, "white" witchcraft, fortunetelling, magic practices, water witching (water divining), Eastern religion like yoga all can and do result in getting sick and staying sick.
There is a culture or climate of unbelief that is in the churches which hinders those who want to trust Jesus for healing by faith from doing so and hinders the work of healing miracles by the Holy Spirit.
James 5:14-15 requires the elders to pray the prayer of faith to see the sick healed. If they are not healed then the elders did not meet their responsibility. God did not fail. They did. It is the responsibility for the sick to call for them as their first resort for healing and after that prayer their only resort.
All these reasons for failing to receive healing are given in the Bible. We have had to deal with many of them in our own lives and in the lives of the numerous people we have ministered healing/deliverance to. After the issues were resolved by direction of the Holy Spirit, prayer, fasting and seeking God in His word healing came. Some sadly were not resolved, often because of pride.

If the Lord does not return, aren't you going to become ill and die eventually? if so, will you blame yourself for not having an immortal body?

I don't quite understand the point you are trying to make.

Sounds like you're saying if a Christian gets ill its because they dont have enough faith.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

James 5:14-15 requires the elders to pray the prayer of faith to see the sick healed. If they are not healed then the elders did not meet their responsibility. God did not fail. They did. It is the responsibility for the sick to call for them as their first resort for healing and after that prayer their only resort.

After reading several of your post I believe you have a strong legal case against the college that taught you hermeneutics.

If the Lord does not return, aren't you going to become ill and die eventually? if so, will you blame yourself for not having an immortal body?

I don't quite understand the point you are trying to make.
The point is that Jesus provided healing for His saints which Satan, religion, unbelief, and ignorance have robbed them of.
A believer does not have to die of sickness. Moses and Aaron did not and we have a better covenant with better promises. Be it to you according to your faith.

The point is that Jesus provided healing for His saints which Satan, religion, unbelief, and ignorance have robbed them of.
A believer does not have to die of sickness. Moses and Aaron did not and we have a better covenant with better promises. Be it to you according to your faith.

Paul, Mary the mother of Jesus and all the disciples died in this body. Your view is simply wishful thinking.

I think lesjude is interpreting the Bible objectively.

If someone disagrees with that, they should dig deeper into the Word of God and find something that contradicts what he is saying.

I tend to agree with him.

I believe that God will take anyone home whenever He wants regardless of a persons' physical condition.

With that aside, I see Jesus telling everyone that their faith has healed them.

It makes perfect sense that a lack of faith for whatever reason could block healing.

I suggest we all keep taking our medication until we are able to build up our faith to a point where God heals us.

Who has had greater faith than the apostle Paul? Yet he prayed for his "thorn in the flesh" to be removed --- and it was not.

Please read it again because you seem to have missed several points.

I have and came to the same conclusion. Also, you seem to be saying that if a Christian isn't healed, either they or the one healing doesn't have enough faith.

I wish I could upload a talk I heard about this but its copyrighted and you have to pay to download it.

I think lesjude is interpreting the Bible objectively.

If someone disagrees with that, they should dig deeper into the Word of God and find something that contradicts what he is saying.

I tend to agree with him.

I believe that God will take anyone home whenever He wants regardless of a persons' physical condition.

With that aside, I see Jesus telling everyone that their faith has healed them.

It makes perfect sense that a lack of faith for whatever reason could block healing.

I suggest we all keep taking our medication until we are able to build up our faith to a point where God heals us.
Here is how faith is built: Romans 10:17 and Jude 20. One needs the Acts 2:4 experience to do the latter however.

I have and came to the same conclusion. Also, you seem to be saying that if a Christian isn't healed, either they or the one healing doesn't have enough faith.

I wish I could upload a talk I heard about this but its copyrighted and you have to pay to download it.

Are you saying it is God's failure? Are you saying that His word is not settled and He can lie? Are you charging God with folly? Are you saying God is a respecter of persons? Are you saying that God plays mysterious mind games with his bride? The ONLY place God's word and character is not settled is in the hearts of men including many Christians. This is a shameful thing.

Are you saying it is God's failure? Are you saying that His word is not settled and He can lie? Are you charging God with folly? Are you saying God is a respecter of persons? Are you saying that God plays mysterious mind games with his bride? The ONLY place God's word and character is not settled is in the hearts of men including many Christians. This is a shameful thing.

No, I'm saying its a little more complicated than you're making it out to be. The battle is not over. As the talk puts it, we've had the equivalent of D-Day day, Christ has burst in but VE day, total victory, is still to come.

I note you've avoided the question and instead just launched a rant.

No, I'm saying its a little more complicated than you're making it out to be. The battle is not over. As the talk puts it, we've had the equivalent of D-Day day, Christ has burst in but VE day, total victory, is still to come.

I note you've avoided the question and instead just launched a rant.

I have clearly given the reasons why Christians fail to receive healing ALL of which are in scripture. Lack of faith is one of them. The gospel which the way the Bible presents it is not complicated and healing/deliverance was clearly demonstrated by Jesus to be a major part of it. Jesus healed/delivered ALL that came to Him, including the "unsaved", some were dead, and at least one was seeking healing from demonic/occult sources. Jesus has NOT changed Hebrews 13:8. The only people who say He has and oppose it are the religious ones just as in His time.
You have not answered my simple questions. Please do.

I have clearly given the reasons why Christians fail to receive healing ALL of which are in scripture. Lack of faith is one of them. The gospel which the way the Bible presents it is not complicated and healing/deliverance was clearly demonstrated by Jesus to be a major part of it. Jesus healed/delivered ALL that came to Him, including the "unsaved", some were dead, and at least one was seeking healing from demonic/occult sources. Jesus has NOT changed Hebrews 13:8. The only people who say He has and oppose it are the religious ones just as in His time.
You have not answered my simple questions. Please do.

I have no intentions of answering your ludicrous and frankly offensive questions. Remember, you're one picking holes and questioning peoples faith, not me.

I accept that sometimes people get healed and sometimes they don't and its got very little to do with the strength of someone's faith. Faith of a mustard seed and all that :)

I have no intentions of answering your ludicrous and frankly offensive questions. Remember, you're one picking holes and questioning peoples faith, not me.

I accept that sometimes people get healed and sometimes they don't and its got very little to do with the strength of someone's faith. Faith of a mustard seed and all that :)

No, I have questioned no ones faith. I simply posted reasons why Christians do not receive healing. Y'all did the rest.
All that is needed for any healing a Christian needs is a "mustard seed" of faith. EVERYONE gets at least that much. The issue becomes if they decide to use it or not because God will NEVER allow a trial which is too much for their faith. It is the Christian's responsibility to trust God alone in trails God intends to strengthen faith. It is called training and like any good training program it is ongoing. James 1:2-4, 1 Peter 1:6-7, Romans 5:1-5. Bigger devils, higher levels. Or no guts no glory no forum story.

No, I have questioned no ones faith. I simply posted reasons why Christians do not receive healing. Y'all did the rest.
All that is needed for any healing a Christian needs is a "mustard seed" of faith. EVERYONE gets at least that much. The issue becomes if they decide to use it or not because God will NEVER allow a trial which is too much for their faith. It is the Christian's responsibility to trust God alone in trails God intends to strengthen faith. It is called training and like any good training program it is ongoing. James 1:2-4, 1 Peter 1:6-7, Romans 5:1-5. Bigger devils, higher levels. Or no guts no glory no forum story.

So thats a no to having read my post?

Back