Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Why did Adam fail in the garden of Eden?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Adam of Eden was like a physical image

Jesus the last Adam had all imagery fully displayed.
Jesus had all the physical imagery, and had all the supernatural power on display openly.

We must be born again,of the spirit, to show some of the power of God.

eddif

If God could cast a shadow, that is what man would look like. But in the image of means a little more than that, it also includes different aspects of God. Having God's characteristics in their general makeup. Not God's power, but clearly His little brother.
I was only being specific of the image of love particular that we were created in. I agree as there are many different images of God.

Veneration of the dead - ancestor worship

I guess I am lucky, my ancestors have some drunks and fornicators not far removed. They are also
All dead.

Luke 20:38 kjv
38. For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.

I do not look among the dead for someone to worship, but I find Jesus alive at the right hand of the Father.

You find a lot of people speaking of god during our present troubles. Some of these are ancestor worshipers. If we do not watch out we will hold the first Adam in high regard. This first Adam is dead, because of sin (physically dead).

The last Adam (Jesus) is alive. Our God is alive. We do not try and find God among the dead.

If we do find one of our ancestors who was a believer he has his life through the living Jesus and not through the dead first Adam.

All this can be twisted and turned upside down. I serve a living savior. If anyone is to be saved it is in the name of Jesus.

Why do I mention this? I seem to find a law. If I will not give away what I have, I will not receive more by hoarding the little knowledge I have.

So I am just getting a little now, but as I press (post) I open the window for more ( if I am going to give that away too).
Will I probably sin someways during this? Regretfully yes. I do have an advocate Jesus Christ the righteous.

eddif
Regardless of what some like to teach, we do still live in this fleshly body where the sin nature dwells and we will fall short at times not willing to sin, but when we confess our sin God is quick to forgive a humble heart as we are still corruptible and mortal while living in this fleshly body, 1 Corinthians 15:51-54.

Regardless of what some like to teach, we do still live in this fleshly body where the sin nature dwells and we will fall short at times not willing to sin, but when we confess our sin God is quick to forgive a humble heart as we are still corruptible and mortal while living in this fleshly body, 1 Corinthians 15:51-54.
You must be a kindred spirit with Billy Graham. He would:
Speak of sin
Speak of repentance of that sin
Present Jesus as the solution for sin
Offer a chance to make public your decision to accept Jesus

So I get it: eddif:
Brought up sin of worshiping forefathers
Neglected the suggestion of repentance
Pretty much gave the solution
Did no offer opportunity to confess sins
Did not offer a chance to openly confess Jesus as Lord

Ok training under For_His_Glory.

That was pretty easy correction. But I did note your compassion and my condemnation.
Thanks
eddif

You must be a kindred spirit with Billy Graham. He would:
Speak of sin
Speak of repentance of that sin
Present Jesus as the solution for sin
Offer a chance to make public your decision to accept Jesus

So I get it: eddif:
Brought up sin of worshiping forefathers
Neglected the suggestion of repentance
Pretty much gave the solution
Did no offer opportunity to confess sins
Did not offer a chance to openly confess Jesus as Lord

Ok training under For_His_Glory.

That was pretty easy correction. But I did note your compassion and my condemnation.
Thanks
eddif
I would rather be a kindred spirit with Christ:woot
You and I are always good, even if we disagree at times. How could anyone be mad at a good ole redneck guy like you :lol

Who knows but its has been a good excuse for humans to rule over other humans and convince them they are bad people unless they follow all the man made rules and regulations.
Actually:
If Adam had been spiritual it would not have been the human side that was making decisions. An inward spirit of God would have been at work.

Filled with the HolY Spirit he would have considered others better than himself. Man made rules would not have been his desire, but being led into Gods desired plan.

Eternal life was Gods plan. From it all we ultimately see us (man) being in charge does not work. Or allowing Satan’s plan to operate.

God’s plan of the sacrifice Jesus made by His Son Jesus is a much better plan. Jesus became a quickening spirit that can be inside us. Will we seek His quickening spirit to guide us?

Thus: will we allow His quickening spirit entrance into us, that cause us to make sacrifices that others will have eternal life?

eddif

I would rather be a kindred spirit with Christ:woot
You and I are always good, even if we disagree at times. How could anyone be mad at a good ole redneck guy like you :lol
And:
Does not Revelation 3:20
allow that kindred spirit to be in us?

We are talking about why Adam failed.

We have a better covenant today. Better covenant that works inside us by promise from God.

We agree. It is others we are trying to show that there is a better situation than Adam was in.

Today the quickening spirit is available

eddif

God’s plan of the sacrifice Jesus made by His Son Jesus is a much better plan. Jesus became a quickening spirit that can be inside us. Will we seek His quickening spirit to guide us?

So that's what it is. That's been happening to me but I didn't know what to call it. A lot of times when I'm watching videos on youtube I'll get "pinged" in my spirit, this is the Lord letting me know that I am watching truth. (Or click on this video!). A quickening of my spirit. That's it!

Thus: will we allow His quickening spirit entrance into us, that cause us to make sacrifices that others will have eternal life?

He taught me to pray for the refugees over in the war torn parts of the world. People's spirits have been broken to where they can not reach out to God. When you see your entire family killed with machineguns and then you are gang raped and set to walking down the road while they finish burning your house...one's spirit can not pray to God for help, so they suffer and roam.
So we can pray the Lord for them that a little of their sufferings to be put upon us, and many times the slight relief for them is enough to raise their spirits to where they will reach out to God. And I feel like crap for a day or two, lol. But it's ok, Retired in lockdown gives me lots of time.

So that's what it is. That's been happening to me but I didn't know what to call it. A lot of times when I'm watching videos on youtube I'll get "pinged" in my spirit, this is the Lord letting me know that I am watching truth. (Or click on this video!). A quickening of my spirit. That's it!

He taught me to pray for the refugees over in the war torn parts of the world. People's spirits have been broken to where they can not reach out to God. When you see your entire family killed with machineguns and then you are gang raped and set to walking down the road while they finish burning your house...one's spirit can not pray to God for help, so they suffer and roam.
So we can pray the Lord for them that a little of their sufferings to be put upon us, and many times the slight relief for them is enough to raise their spirits to where they will reach out to God. And I feel like crap for a day or two, lol. But it's ok, Retired in lockdown gives me lots of time.
Genesis 3:8-10 In a sense, God had to knock at the door of Adam's heart, Rev 3:20, and even though he tried to hide himself, God knew where he was at in his heart for Adam and Eve were ashamed of what they did in disobedience.

Adam tried to blame it all on Eve, as we can see a pattern of that today where we blame others for our failure and the horrendous things that can come against us as we try to hide from God instead of running to His thrown of grace in time of need. But, now notice in Genesis 3:21 that God forgave Adam and Eve for their disobedience making coats of skin as this being the first blood sacrifice that brings us to the last Adam, Christ, as giving His life, as life is in the blood of the Lamb.

Even though Adam and Eve lost all the good pleasure in the garden, God still loved them.

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

We need to be praying for the nations (people) that they will hear Christ knocking at their door and will open it as He will help all in their times of need.

Go ahead and start the other thread and we'll kick this around some more.

I've heard quite a few testimonies from different people about being taken up to visit God and none of them said you need a night scope.

After the fall, our spirit was pushed inside of us so we can't see it. No more glowing. But when Jesus transfigured in front of the thee Apostles and, shone bright like the sun...That's prolly exactly how Adam & Eve looked. And how we will look (again) in the future. :wink
This comment is to hopefully help complete some thoughts.

I made some comments in

@In Spirit And In Truth…. By Edward​

All of a sudden the subject got so big I quit and came back here.

Adam was a living soul. Taking night / evening classes with God.

He had not learned enough to not eat of the tree of good and evil.
The human race suffered to the extent that by entering the promised land Gods people took multiple pagan wives. They also began to multiply the gods they worshiped.

These things were done under the living soul received at creation.

Just when God divorced Israel I do not know exactly, but for the 400 years of silence to happen it may have been then.

The unequal yoked conversation (about marriage) in Matthew was before Pentecost.

After Pentecost in 1 Corinthians 7 information about marriage changed some. This is after the coming of the Holy Spirit but before the Resurrection. These married people are not influencing each other as
bad / much as in Eden, but still having some influence. Sin no longer has dominion, but still can have some negative effects in serving Jesus. They can (by agreement) serve God on special occasions.
1 Corinthians 7:5

Adam and Eve did not have all that working for them in their covenant with God.

Enough of my comments.

Edward

Mississippi redneck
eddif

All of a sudden the subject got so big I quit and came back here.

Lol! Want to know how many days I have been thinking about posting this thread before I did? I almost didn't! It seemed to be perhaps, too big for whatever reason. That's good terminology. But inasmuch as it seems very important and the thoughts about it being too big are prolly lies anyway...I did it.

So, Brother eddif, thou canst not quit when it gets deep! Many times you say what I havent thought of.

Adam was a living soul. Taking night / evening classes with God.

I think our soul is in direct opposition to our spirit and the cookie that he wants is to control the flesh.

Now our spirit is a new Spirit and has been empowered to overcome the flesh and for us to walk in that spirit daily. I just realized that something I have been saying on the board is incorrect. I've been saying that most people are having an identity crises and not giving promenance to their spirit man. They identify with the flesh. You are a spiritual being! I am a spiritual being!...

And therin is the problem. How can that be me? Any man who seeks to save his life will lose it. So I am nothing except the righteousness of God in Christ. Where Jesus the Christ abides in me and will never leave or forsake me. So there's more of Him in me than there is of Edward in me. It's not about me! It's about Him. And so to draw close to the Lord and to allow Him His rightful place within me, I must decrease and He must increase. So there's an identity crises all right, but it is not I that live, but Christ that lives in me.

Lol! Want to know how many days I have been thinking about posting this thread before I did? I almost didn't! It seemed to be perhaps, too big for whatever reason. That's good terminology. But inasmuch as it seems very important and the thoughts about it being too big are prolly lies anyway...I did it.

So, Brother eddif, thou canst not quit when it gets deep! Many times you say what I havent thought of.

I think our soul is in direct opposition to our spirit and the cookie that he wants is to control the flesh.

Now our spirit is a new Spirit and has been empowered to overcome the flesh and for us to walk in that spirit daily. I just realized that something I have been saying on the board is incorrect. I've been saying that most people are having an identity crises and not giving promenance to their spirit man. They identify with the flesh. You are a spiritual being! I am a spiritual being!...

And therin is the problem. How can that be me? Any man who seeks to save his life will lose it. So I am nothing except the righteousness of God in Christ. Where Jesus the Christ abides in me and will never leave or forsake me. So there's more of Him in me than there is of Edward in me. It's not about me! It's about Him. And so to draw close to the Lord and to allow Him His rightful place within me, I must decrease and He must increase. So there's an identity crises all right, but it is not I that live, but Christ that lives in me.
I was quitting the conversation about why Adam failed while in your thread. I thought I would be off topic in your thread.

I have not left your thread, I am just trying to stay on your topic while on your thread, and do the symbolism thing elsewhere.

To me I can discuss a concept on 4 different context levels. Others see me as chasing rabbits while deer hunting. To me hunting is hunting.

The oxen concept fits.
Oxen
Teaching elders
Plowmen
Planters
Harvesters
Others

When I leap from OT to NT it does seem strange (even to me). The disciples did not get (why parables).

I am trying to go through growth and fall in
Eden
Prelaw
Law
Prophets
Kings
John’s baptism
Jesus’s ministry
New Jerusalem

Not being highly organized I just …….

You will still see me on your threads.

eddif