Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Why Do More Christians Now Support Same-Sex “Marriage”?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I agree with most of what you say. How others feel or judge me has nothing to do with my beliefs. It is what God says that matters.

Jesus says plenty about LGBTQ+ lifestyles. First, one must understand who Jesus is.

Jesus was God in human form.
“Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.” Matthew 1:23 NKJV

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. John 1:1-2 NKJV

Jesus did the will of the Father and spoke what the Father gave Him to say.
"I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me."
John 5:30 NKJV

If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.” Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.” Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so
long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves."

John 14:7-11 NKJV

As he was saying these things, a cloud came and overshadowed them, and they were afraid as they entered the cloud. And a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is my Son, my Chosen One; listen to him!”
Luke 9:34-35 ESV

This is what God says...
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 18:22 ESV

If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 NKJV

"From the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.' For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, 8 and the two shall become one flesh’; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”
Mark 10:6-9 NKJV

God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of their debauchery and sexual immorality including homosexual behaviors. Abraham even tried to stop God from destroying them. You can read all about it in Genesis, chapters 18 and 19. Here are a few highlights.
Then the men rose from there and looked toward Sodom, and Abraham went with them to send them on the way. And the Lord said, “Shall I hide from Abraham what I am doing, since Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?"
Genesis 18:16-18 NKJV

And the Lord said, “Because the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grave, I will go down now and see whether they have done altogether according to the outcry against it that has come to Me; and if not, I will know.”
Genesis 18:20-21 NKJV

Abraham came near and said, “Would You also destroy the righteous with the wicked? Suppose there were fifty righteous within the city; would You also destroy the place and not spare it for the fifty righteous that were in it?
Genesis 18:24 NKJV

Abraham tried negotiating to spare Sodom and Gomorrah about a half-dozen more times as recorded in chapter 18. But, it was no use because...

Now before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both old and young, all the people from every quarter, surrounded the house. And they called to Lot and said to him, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may know them carnally.”
Genesis 19:4-5 NKJV

Lot even offered his daughters to the men but they would not have it.
So Lot went out to them through the doorway, shut the door behind him, and said, “Please, my brethren, do not do so wickedly! See now, I have two daughters who have not known a man; please, let me bring them out to you, and you may do to them as you wish; only do nothing to these men, since this is the reason they have come under the shadow of my roof.”
Genesis 19:6-8 NKJV

The Bible has much more to say but I'll stop here.
Understood. Thanks for explaining.

Back