Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Do We Need the Local Church?

Wow. You describe a social club, and not necessarily a Christian one at that. That's not the assembly.
I was joking about it. They are all parts of normal church communities here. It is a fellowship. I could have said we have praise and worship and bible teaching but that's not as colorful to talk about.
surely you must get power point presentations of how culturally relevant your church is occasionally.

what I wrote in my first post above is not indicative of my current church but more what I have done in ones I have been to in my city. If its fun people want to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was joking about it. They are all parts of normal church communities here. It is a fellowship. I could have said we have praise and worship and bible teaching but that's not as colorful to talk about.
surely you must get power point presentations of how culturally relevant your church is occasionally.

what I wrote in my first post above is not indicative of my current church but more what I have done in ones I have been to in my city. If its fun people want to come.

I am glad you were only joking!

We don't get such power point presentations, to my knowledge.

The greek word for 'assembling' in Hebrews 10:25 is Epi-Sunagoge, which means the highest form of assembly, with the remnant that is attaining the Zenith of Zion =Immortality. Most christians are not into attaining immortality, they are to content in playing church

laugh.gif

Hows about Jeremiah 51:9"We would have healed Babylon, but she was not healed, FORSAKE HER AND LET EACH MAN GO INTO HIS OWN COUNTRY".

Amen.

:thumbsup

There's a non sequitur if I ever saw one.

I am glad you were only joking!

We don't get such power point presentations, to my knowledge.
The threads area always so serious its good to lighten them up sometimes. I could have said multimedia presentations too.

Church gives us an opportunity to publicly express our appreciation for what the Lord does for us. It is a place children can learn about the Lord. We can serve through the church and feel good about ourselves because we do. We make loyal friends at church, hopefully.

Most of my spiritual elders say that the older they get, the more they realize they really don't know anything. I can only hope to have this sort of attitude when I am older :shrug

Gag...:verysick

Tell you elders to quit and quote I Peter 4:11 Let him who speaks,speak the oracles of God.

Church gives us an opportunity to publicly express our appreciation for what the Lord does for us. It is a place children can learn about the Lord. We can serve through the church and feel good about ourselves because we do. We make loyal friends at church, hopefully.

Amen, brother! :clap3

Underlying theme:

You are either in the process of attaining immortality or on your way to the grave.

Gag...:verysick

Tell you elders to quit and quote I Peter 4:11 Let him who speaks,speak the oracles of God.

withall due respect, if we even think we know all that there is to know about God(while on this earth), and his INFINITE WISDOM, and also OMINOPENT, and Ominpresence.

we have just became dead in christ and and as he is.

till then our puny brain cant even understand how he created men, his nature, and why he lets suffering occur.

God isnt a simple being that we can fully grasp, and he wants it that way!

I would say that we need the local church for comfort and guidance. It plays a central role in both our personal and social lives.

To me a better question is why do we need a distant church?
why do we need bishops, cardinals or a pope?

I would say that we need the local church for comfort and guidance. It plays a central role in both our personal and social lives.

Good question for another thread!

d:

The Bible says the Lord Jesus is 'head over all things to the church' (Ephesians 1).

So I think your question is apt.

Back