Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Why do women fail?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
until Adam ate the apple (which, btw, it almost certainly was not an apple; et al )
Eve would not know she was naked
because the authority (so to speak) / responsibility was Adam's, as seen when Yhwh sought him out later.

Adam may have been within a few feet of Eve when the enemy deceived her, or further away. all we know is what is written in Scripture.

Adam and Eve were never 'equal' in terms of law, responsibility, Torah, place in family, purposes, jobs, and so on...... but mankind sure messed up a lot from the original.....

I can't remember if it was the book of Jasher, or Enoch, but I read in one of them that the forbidden fruit more closely resembled grapes than anything else. I forget exactly how it was phrased, going from memory there.

I can't remember if it was the book of Jasher, or Enoch, but I read in one of them that the forbidden fruit more closely resembled grapes than anything else. I forget exactly how it was phrased, going from memory there.

more important, think for a minute (or ten thousand years :) ) , would you rather listen to a serpent, no matter how beautiful,
or to a glowing radiant strong 'intelligent' being who is actually able to speak ?? some Jewish Believers have shown in a few places on the web (search) the silliness and error in translating 'snake' instead of 'angel of light'.
but the error has been propagated so long that very few are willing to consider it.

until Adam ate the apple (which, btw, it almost certainly was not an apple; et al )
Eve would not know she was naked
because the authority (so to speak) / responsibility was Adam's, as seen when Yhwh sought him out later.

Adam may have been within a few feet of Eve when the enemy deceived her, or further away. all we know is what is written in Scripture.

Adam and Eve were never 'equal' in terms of law, responsibility, Torah, place in family, purposes, jobs, and so on...... but mankind sure messed up a lot from the original.....
I do not believe the apple thing either not sure what it was though.
Yes no way to know how close Adam was. I agree he was the authority.
kinda like people think serpent was a snake, I think the serpents spirit was put in the snake as punishment

Great, this thread started with an article about what high performance women in academics or professional settings struggle with. And before you know it we're talking about who's guilty of that old apple thing again.

76d31508_c851d40e_Derail_1.jpeg

more important, think for a minute (or ten thousand years :) ) , would you rather listen to a serpent, no matter how beautiful,
or to a glowing radiant strong 'intelligent' being who is actually able to speak ?? some Jewish Believers have shown in a few places on the web (search) the silliness and error in translating 'snake' instead of 'angel of light'.
but the error has been propagated so long that very few are willing to consider it.

So perhaps it wasn't really a serpent/snake? I thought that was some sort of established fact? That's what I get for not doing my own word study for myself I guess, lol. Well, let's take a look then;

From Genesis 3:1..."Now the serpent..."

H5175 (Serpent)
נחשׁ
nâchâsh
naw-khawsh'
From H5172; a snake (from its hiss): - serpent./(Strong's E-Sword)

From it's hiss? Not carved in stone there now is it? Ok, looking further to H5172...

H5172
נחשׁ
nâchash
naw-khash'
A primitive root; properly to hiss, that is, whisper a (magic) spell; generally to prognosticate: - X certainly, divine, enchanter, (use) X enchantment, learn by experience, X indeed, diligently observe./(Strong's E-Sword)

Now that is interesting brother. A divine enchanter whispering to Eve. I can see that being an Angel of light rather than a reptile. Then the "translators" (LOL), likened it to a serpent because of the hiss? Maybe. Juuust maybe.

:chin

Great, this thread started with an article about what high performance women in academics or professional settings struggle with. And before you know it we're talking about who's guilty of that old apple thing again.

What in the world did you do? Did you cut your hair? Shame on you if you did! :lol

...... I can see that being an Angel of light rather than a reptile. Then the "translators" (LOL), likened it to a serpent because of the hiss? Maybe. Juuust maybe.

:chin

according to some , the term(s) wrongly translated snake in Genesis was/were translated angel of light everywhere else - only in that one place in Genesis it was mistranslated 'snake', and the reason/purpose cannot be spoken of publicly.

according to some , the term(s) wrongly translated snake in Genesis was/were translated angel of light everywhere else - only in that one place in Genesis it was mistranslated 'snake', and the reason/purpose cannot be spoken of publicly.

Can not be spoken of publically huh? That makes sense in an evil sort of way.

you know what i speak of. ruels and all..... (internet censors)

Yes I do. More rules will be coming too. I'll follow the rules as best as i can until it brings reproach to my God, or a decision to side with the world, then all bets are off.

Yep, pretty much derailed. :neutral

Great, this thread started with an article about what high performance women in academics or professional settings struggle with. And before you know it we're talking about who's guilty of that old apple thing again.....

maybe, but i just went and read the first 3 pages of the thread, which didn't seem to say much of anything, then searched for 'academics' and for 'professional' through the whole thread, and neither word appears until your post, except in the link of the op.

perhaps the struggle began in the garden, as it is written in Scripture, and the remedy is found in Scripture also ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back