Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why do you believe?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hello everyone, I am a recent christian turned agnostic. (Please don't try to change my view points) but I would like to know why you believe what you believe? I personally let go of Christianity for many reasons, 1. because I am not intrested in following a god that has no business in helping me or trying to make me better, I have prayed,prayed, and prayed some more, but nothing not one speck of help from him. 2. I was happy when I was an unbeliever, and when I because a christian I was sad, depressed, anxiety ridden and ocd ridden all because if christianity, before this I was fine, but these past few months have been the worst of my life and after a year of faith, I am done. I have given up of the god of Christianity. 3. Too many rules, I have been troubled by soany rules in my life that I simply could not live without worrying about of I was sinning and I got sick of it ang gave it up. I still believe there could be a god, but that god is not knowable and not able to understand. I also do not believe in sin or salvation.

So you are actually saying that being a good person ISN'T what gets you into Heaven?

Then what does? Rituals?

Garion take my advice and save your breath. You're free to believe whatever you want to believe. If you don't want somebody trying to change your beliefs or the person you are, my advice would be to stick a pin in this conversation and run as fast as you can dude. But it's completely up to you.

Garion take my advice and save your breath. You're free to believe whatever you want to believe. If you don't want somebody trying to change your beliefs or the person you are, my advice would be to stick a pin in this conversation and run as fast as you can dude. But it's completely up to you.
LOL you are totally right man!

I just enjoy fencing with these folks once in awhile... sometimes I help them really SEE ya know?

Have a great day and God Bless!

So you also have unwavering faith in man... that's great... I don't.

Like I've stated many records of history have been destroyed in order to hide truth from us.

You want another great example?

Hitler.... ignorant people think that he burned all of them books just cuz he don't like readin , that's not it ,he took education away from those German people so they knew only his teachings.

That's the same thing that they did way back,thats why them dead Sea scrolls were hidden the way they were...so they wouldn't be destroyed.

My faith is that of Christ Jesus alone and does not rest in man. Those Dead Sea Scrolls were the actual letters of the Prophets and Apostles that make up the Bible. There are many good teachings that have been written by the Prophets and Apostles that have been destroyed throughout the centuries , but yet one book could not contain all of them. We have what we need that has been spared to understand who God is and what our relationship needs to be with Him and His Son Jesus.

You speak of so called Christians that still follow after the things of this word, these are not Christians, but lovers of self that walk in disobedience of God, but yet claiming they know God. They know nothing of God as they have never been Spiritually born again nor do they seek those things from above where Christ sits at the right hand of the Father as they have no indwelling of the Holy Spirit, Colossians Chapter 3.

In Christian forums we share scripture, discuss scripture and do learn from those who have more Spiritual knowledge then ourselves. You will also find arguing and discourse between the brethren which should not be. We might not always agree with each other, but it is up to the individual to take the scriptures given and read the whole and not in part as we ask the Holy Spirit to reveal understanding and knowledge.

LOL you are totally right man!

I just enjoy fencing with these folks once in awhile... sometimes I help them really SEE ya know?

Have a great day and God Bless!

If that is your whole purpose then I am sorry for you as you are not going to help anyone see anything. Why even come to a Christian forum if your objective is to just mess with others. We take our faith in Christ alone very seriously as we walk in His love. You have given your reason why you are here and we have been more than gracious to you, but I feel it's time that noting more could possibly be shared with you as you reject all of scripture and all I can do is pray you will see the light of Christ before it's to late.

So you are actually saying that being a good person ISN'T what gets you into Heaven?

Then what does? Rituals?

No not rituals, but as I have shown you many times it's that of John 3:5-7; Romans 10:9, 10, but you refuse what Jesus has said so why even ask. I will not fence with you.

I'm sorry I really don't mean to be rude here on this one but in the terms of service rules it plainly states about doubting somebody else's faith. What he and I believe in is none of your concern that's just between us and the Lord. As far as I know he has never insulted your faith or tryed to get you to change it and I know that I haven't. So let's be civil about this and agree to disagree offering each other support, guidance, and advice when we need it and to leave it alone when we don't.

Butch I know all of this, but you are missing my point I was trying to make of how people today are taught by others who have no understanding that if you are a good person you will go to heaven. This is in error to what has already been said by Jesus in Matthew 7:21-29.

Are you sure? You posted Ephesians 2, not of works. While simply doing good deeds alone isn't sufficient, neither is just saying, "I believe." Many Christians today argue that if you say, I believe you are instantly saved. But my point is that using Ephesians 2 to say our deeds play no role in salvation is taking the passage out of context. Paul was addressing a specific issue. He wasn't saying that your deeds play no role in salvation.

This thread has gone way off course. This is the Questions for Christians forum where seekers ask questions and the Christians will answer. This is not a debate forum. Address the questions presented by the OP only and avoid addressing each other.

None of you Scripture scholars ever address mystatement.

How can God throw children in a lake of fire for what their parents taught them yet be such a nice guy that you get into Heaven no matter what you do as long as you repent?

Please enlighten me.

Please provide Scripture to support your question about children being thrown into the lake of fire. Why don't you give evidence from the Bible for what happens to chiIdren at death.

What does repent mean in your understanding?

Your claim is that no Scripture scholars on CFnet ever address your statement. This is false. When i respond to you, I address what you write.

Oz

Hello everyone, I am a recent christian turned agnostic. (Please don't try to change my view points) but I would like to know why you believe what you believe? I personally let go of Christianity for many reasons, 1. because I am not intrested in following a god that has no business in helping me or trying to make me better, I have prayed,prayed, and prayed some more, but nothing not one speck of help from him. 2. I was happy when I was an unbeliever, and when I because a christian I was sad, depressed, anxiety ridden and ocd ridden all because if christianity, before this I was fine, but these past few months have been the worst of my life and after a year of faith, I am done. I have given up of the god of Christianity. 3. Too many rules, I have been troubled by soany rules in my life that I simply could not live without worrying about of I was sinning and I got sick of it ang gave it up. I still believe there could be a god, but that god is not knowable and not able to understand. I also do not believe in sin or salvation.
Let me first answer your question, the only reason I believe the way that I do is because of my needing a personal savior to save me from my sins.

Well! after reading your post you might have enough reason to feel the way that you do, but I'm asking you of what do you know about our LORD Jesus Christ that you would not follow Him?

Love, Walter

Last edited:
Back