Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why doesn't God have a wife?

Adam_

1 John 4:19 "We love because he first loved us."
If God is the father of Jesus, then God could have a wife. :lol

Reactions: JLB
God the Father is His own Wife. If you look at the Hebrew, most of the descriptors of Him are in the feminine.
One good example is His Name El Shaddai. "Shad" is the Hebrew word for breast. (as in nursing a baby)

And in Genesis it says that both man and woman were created in His Image:

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

God the Father is His own Wife. If you look at the Hebrew, most of the descriptors of Him are in the feminine.
One good example is His Name El Shaddai. "Shad" is the Hebrew word for breast. (as in nursing a baby)
Nowhere does it say that God is married to Himself, or even that He is a girl.
I can use a similar argument to claim that all people who use the word "helmet" are going to hell, and anyone using "switch" is a witch.

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
God created lucifer. Although it was not created as the devil, it rebelled. God is not evil, nor is He the devil.
No argument against God and/or His Holiness will ever be true or good.

Those verses do not prove or back that God is "His Wife" or is married to Himself. And the fact luicfer is a fallen creaTION does not make God "bad".

Last edited:
Thank you brothers and sisters for responding with you're own words, but i know that God don't need wife, i just created this joke, because families have wife,father,son and daughter or daughter or son. And so God have his own Son, Jesus, and i thought i make a joke that is not mocking god nor his Son. Hope you all understand this and have a bless day.♥️

Hey D-W-W, I wanna add a little bit more detail to your words, that is a bible verse:

Genesis 2:22-24

"and the rib, which Jehovah God had taken from the man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And the man said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man."

So God took the rib of the man and with the man's rib he created female, so God didn't created the man and the woman the same time. With simple words he "copied" the man and with that, he created a different "spesific" with the rib, so that doesn't mean he has feminime side, and the Bible pronounce God as he/him, but true that he created us with his own image.

Last edited:
Hey D-W-W, I wanna add a little bit more detail to your words, that is a bible verse:

Genesis 2:22-24

"and the rib, which Jehovah God had taken from the man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And the man said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man."

So God took the rib of the man and with the man's rib he created female, so God didn't created the man and the woman the same time. With simple words he "copied" the man and with that, he created a different "spesific" with the rib, so that doesn't mean he has feminime side, and the Bible pronounce God as he/him, but true that he created us with his own image.
Be careful. "Rib" is not all that accurate a translation for tsahlah.
It means side, and can imply a curvature. (why early translators used rib)

Go thru all the OT Hebrew descriptions of God and see how many are feminine. The Genesis text is clear: both men and women are in HIS image.

Thank you brothers and sisters for responding with you're own words, but i know that God don't need wife, i just created this joke, because families have wife,father,son and daughter or daughter or son. And so God have his own Son, Jesus, and i thought i make a joke that is not mocking god nor his Son. Hope you all understand this and have a bless day.♥️
Ephesians 5:4

Actually... well, we're off in philosophical world with a discussion like this anyway so none of it should be taken too far, but the word Spirit is feminine in Hebrew as well, yes?

My guess here would be that the Holy Spirit serves as the Feminine, the Father as the Masculine, and the Son as the Offspring. If anyone wishes to "debate" me, however, this conversation is purely theoretical, so to anyone reading this thread who hasn't responded yet, I won't be answering any heated replies to something I'm not sure was intended to be taken that seriously to begin with.

Blessings,
- H

Actually... well, we're off in philosophical world with a discussion like this anyway so none of it should be taken too far, but the word Spirit is feminine in Hebrew as well, yes?

My guess here would be that the Holy Spirit serves as the Feminine, the Father as the Masculine, and the Son as the Offspring. If anyone wishes to "debate" me, however, this conversation is purely theoretical, so to anyone reading this thread who hasn't responded yet, I won't be answering any heated replies to something I'm not sure was intended to be taken that seriously to begin with.

Blessings,
- H
There are some who take it that way - yes. I am not one of them.

El Shaddai is masculine, but "shad" is thought of as feminine for the reason you cited. Could easily refer to God in flesh as a Member of His iwn church.
It says God created him. After He made us either male or female,

he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man. 1Cor.11:7
The woman (the church) was created after Christ,

For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. 1Cor.11:8-9

Afterward, the man ((Christ) comes from the oreaching of the church (the woman),

I have fed you with milk (breast fed you) 1Cor.3:2

how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings Mt.23:37

This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. Eph.5:32 All vss KJV

Cute joke, but God DID have a wife, it was His people. Jeremiah 31:32 (KJV) - Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

This is why Jesus is coming back as a Bridegroom. Because He is marrying Israel, the ekklesia. He divorced the House of Israel due to spiritual adultery, but not the House of Judah because of His promise. This is also a small part of the necessity of His death, so that He could marry the ekklesia again. An adulterous wife would only be free to remarry if the husband died in Torah. As far as a wife to begat Yeshua, Jesus is not a created or born being as per John 1:1. John 1:1-3 (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

If God is the father of Jesus, then God could have a wife. :lol
He does; in the Bible it's Israel. Since the Church is graphed in (Romans 11) most believe that the Church is also his wife. Some believe that the Church is the Body of Christ, and thus is actually part of the husband, and the wife (Israel) being glorified in the Millennium during the Kingdom age. I can say more regarding the "function" as husband and wife and children, but the question is "why doesn't God have a wife"? I know you are talking tongue-in-cheek but even amidst the humor, it's an interesting question.

He does; in the Bible it's Israel. Since the Church is graphed in (Romans 11) most believe that the Church is also his wife. Some believe that the Church is the Body of Christ, and thus is actually part of the husband, and the wife (Israel) being glorified in the Millennium during the Kingdom age. I can say more regarding the "function" as husband and wife and children, but the question is "why doesn't God have a wife"? I know you are talking tongue-in-cheek but even amidst the humor, it's an interesting question.
An even more interesting addition to that question: Jesus and the Father are ONE. God married Israel. Jesus is coming to marry the bride, the ekklesia, and God cannot be a polygamist according to His own Torah. Is the House of Judah and the house of Israel the Bride, or is the 'Gentile' church the bride? My interpretation is that the house of Israel IS the church, the called out ones, the ekklesia. And there is an imposter within her, known as the tares within the wheat. I will admit that I don't hold to dispensationalism primarily due to my understanding of scripture. Specifically Jer 31:31, Hebrews 8:8, and Ephesians 2:11

I tend to agree. Looking at DNA, I don’t think it takes much tweaking to have a woman. The idea of offspring / after their own kind is the idea. Behold I stand at the door and knock: Christ in us, us in Christ.

Wisdom is feminine? Adding Eve probably helps us understand God.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Why should God have a wife?

A supernatural Spirit being, with the power to create the universe with a word, has to conform to our notions of normality.

No.

We learn about God from what he has revealed about himself in the bible.

Yes and the Bible plainly shows us that God is family.

Shall we discuss what the scriptures reveal?

Here is the first key -

So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Genesis 1:27

An even more interesting addition to that question: Jesus and the Father are ONE. God married Israel. Jesus is coming to marry the bride, the ekklesia, and God cannot be a polygamist according to His own Torah. Is the House of Judah and the house of Israel the Bride, or is the 'Gentile' church the bride? My interpretation is that the house of Israel IS the church, the called out ones, the ekklesia. And there is an imposter within her, known as the tares within the wheat. I will admit that I don't hold to dispensationalism primarily due to my understanding of scripture. Specifically Jer 31:31, Hebrews 8:8, and Ephesians 2:11

Israel of God is the Church; the Ecclesia.

And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God. Galatians 6:16

This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear. This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:
Acts 7:37-38

Israel of God is the Church; the Ecclesia.

And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God. Galatians 6:16
Following is the primary scripture that brought me to my current understanding. Once we realize we are Israel, the OT comes alive and becomes instruction instead of just history.
Ephesians 2:11-13 (KJV)

11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Back