Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why doesn't God have a wife?

Following is the primary scripture that brought me to my current understanding. Once we realize we are Israel, the OT comes alive and becomes instruction instead of just history.
Ephesians 2:11-13 (KJV)

11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Amen.

The Church is the bride of Christ; The Lamb’s wife.

“For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
Ephesians 5:31-32

Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, “Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.” Revelation 21:9

God is Spirit. He is the Father of all creation. The concept of marriage is for humans, not God.

Please use scripture to validate your theory.

The concept of marriage comes from God.

I gave you the foundational key scripture about this.

Here it is again.

So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Genesis 1:27

God created them in their image.

Here is context -

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; Genesis 1:26

Question:

Was Eve created in the image and likeness of God?

JLB

Here it is again.

So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Genesis 1:27

Here is context -

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; Genesis 1:26

Question:

JLB

John 4:24

Here is the Scripture:

God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

Good to see you here :)
Brother, I think you may be in error in your assertion that marriage is only for humans and not God. There is a reason that God refers to breaking covenant as adultery. Here are some scriptures, but please take the time to read each in context. I'll leave out the relevant contextual scriptures for the sake of brevity.

Jeremiah 31:32 (KJV) - Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

All of Ezekiel 16, especially Ezekiel 16:8 (KJV) - Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord GOD, and thou becamest mine.

Jeremiah 2:2 (KJV) - Go and cry in the ears of Jerusalem, saying, Thus saith the LORD; I remember thee, the kindness of thy youth, the love of thine espousals, when thou wentest after me in the wilderness, in a land that was not sown.

Jeremiah 3:8 (KJV) - And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

Jeremiah 3:14 (KJV) - Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:

Isaiah 54:5-6 (KJV)

5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

6 For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God.

Hosea 2:2 (KJV) - Plead with your mother, plead: for she is not my wife, neither am I her husband: let her therefore put away her whoredoms out of her sight, and her adulteries from between her breasts;

There are a lot more, but for now I'll leave it at this.

We are all individuals in a corporate bdy.

I think I will try and say it this way.

God had a nature from eternity past.

On day 4 of creation time was created.
When it comes to the creation of man, Gods personality is turned into imagery. When we look at man (body, mind, will, emotions, it islike a politically cartoon hiding personality in another form. Man is not the reality, God Is the reality, but man is the cartoon.

We have to meditate on the seed to see the Word of God.

We have to meditate on the nature of man to see God.

I am not an expert on this. I just have a hint of what is going on.

Seed is a DNA book. The seed must have good soil water, sunlight, etc.

Man as an image must have what God supplies, to become what God wants us to be.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

We are all individuals in a corporate bdy.

I think I will try and say it this way.

God had a nature from eternity past.

On day 4 of creation time was created.
When it comes to the creation of man, Gods personality is turned into imagery. When we look at man (body, mind, will, emotions, it islike a politically cartoon hiding personality in another form. Man is not the reality, God Is the reality, but man is the cartoon.

We have to meditate on the seed to see the Word of God.

We have to meditate on the nature of man to see God.

I am not an expert on this. I just have a hint of what is going on.

Seed is a DNA book. The seed must have good soil water, sunlight, etc.

Man as an image must have what God supplies, to become what God wants us to be.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
This is an interesting analogy. I'll give a few comments for clarity sake. Meditation on the nature of man in our fallen state can only show our carnal nature, according to scripture. I am not assuming that is what you meant. Would you care to share your view on which aspects of man's nature can reveal God? According to the parable of the sower, from Matt 13 and Luke 8 Jesus says
Luke 8:11 (KJV) - Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
Is this the seed you speak of? Or the mustard seed? Or is it the good seed among the tares? I am trying to understand your analogy better but cannot make heads or tails of that, perhaps because I default to scriptures that I know better, or perhaps for another reason. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and may God Almighty bless you and yours.

This is an interesting analogy. I'll give a few comments for clarity sake. Meditation on the nature of man in our fallen state can only show our carnal nature, according to scripture. I am not assuming that is what you meant. Would you care to share your view on which aspects of man's nature can reveal God? According to the parable of the sower, from Matt 13 and Luke 8 Jesus says
Luke 8:11 (KJV) - Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
Is this the seed you speak of? Or the mustard seed? Or is it the good seed among the tares? I am trying to understand your analogy better but cannot make heads or tails of that, perhaps because I default to scriptures that I know better, or perhaps for another reason. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and may God Almighty bless you and yours.
The seed is Matthew 13, Mark4, Luke 8 and all references to good seeds.

IMHO Adam was not filled with the Holy Spirit from birth ( Like John the Baptist).
God was planting seeds in Adam and Eve but they did not have the new heart of the New Testament.

Ask God about why Parables. Hearing they hear not and seeing they see not.

Meditation on carnal man shows the weakness of man, and thus the need for repentance.

Meditation on the Gospel reveals the solution for sin.

I do not get all political cartoons, and that helped me understand why parables. Actually Isaiah 6 is hearing they hear not…….

Seed for physical growth.
Bible for spiritual growth

Mississippi redneck
eddif

God is complete and self-sufficient.

God is three; The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit.

These three are one; Complete

For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. 1 John 5:7

If you being three, spirit, soul and body, had your spirit removed from your body, would you be complete?

JLB

God is Spirit. He is the Father of all creation. The concept of marriage is for humans, not God.

Here it is again.

Here is context -

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Ourlikeness; Genesis 1:26

Question:

God is three; The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit.

These three are one; Complete

For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. 1 John 5:7

If you being three, spirit, soul and body, had your spirit removed from your body, would you be complete?

JLB
This is exactly how I see it too. God the Father being mind, Yeshua being body, and Holy Spirit being the spirit. All 3 are one, but also different and separate at once. God bless you my dear brother in Christ.

This is exactly how I see it too. God the Father being mind, Yeshua being body, and Holy Spirit being the spirit. All 3 are one, but also different and separate at once. God bless you my dear brother in Christ.

There’s more.

Maybe since the other brother does want to answer my question, you and I could continue our dialog about this subject.

Here is context -

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Ourimage, according to Ourlikeness; Genesis 1:26

Question:

There’s more.

Maybe since the other brother does want to answer my question, you and I could continue our dialog about this subject.

Here is context -

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Ourimage, according to Ourlikeness; Genesis 1:26

Question:

Wow, that is a huge and complex question. As Eve was the mother of all mankind, it is a necessity that Adam and Eve are of one image and likeness. God also created all animals male and female. Perhaps we could lead off with a defining of terms. Image - this word should not be seen as being in the physical likeness, but instead is referring to characteristics, such as morality, emotion, intellect, and so on. This may also include physicality as well, since we know that God walked in the garden and had been described as a man in appearance Genesis 18:1-3 (KJV)

1 And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;

2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,

3 And said, My LORD, if now I have found favor in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:

God has sex ?

Not the gender ,but has sex with his wife ?
Sex is a mere shadow of the full picture of 'knowing' one's wife. In much the same way God knows His bride, the ekklesia. It entails a far more in depth pairing with another person than just a physical act. A person can engage in the physical act with a complete stranger, but the same act with one's wife entails a far deeper knowledge of that woman and the two become one. In much the same way God and His bride become one with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Sex is a mere shadow of the full picture of 'knowing' one's wife. In much the same way God knows His bride, the ekklesia. It entails a far more in depth pairing with another person than just a physical act. A person can engage in the physical act with a complete stranger, but the same act with one's wife entails a far deeper knowledge of that woman and the two become one. In much the same way God and His bride become one with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
But that implies a weird logic .

A mother knows her kids well .father's tend not to .

If I'm married to God then God is gay ?

God uses marriage to show us but in the kingdom. Age none should be married .Jesus said that .none given and none taken in the afterlife .

That's why I think y'all take it too far .

God is a king ,yet he gave all kingdoms to those kings and raises kings up and set them down and yet he is greater then a king.

Anthropic .

A mother knows her kids well .father's tend not to .
That is not the kind of knowing that I am talking about. See strongs 3045.
I recognize that it is hard to understand how, as a man, you can be married to Yeshua. Keep in mind what scripture says, that in marriage the 2 become one. Just as the bride will reign with Jesus in the millennial reign, we will become one with Him. I trust my wife in all things, if she makes a decision it is as if I made that decision. Same thing in this case. Intimate knowledge of one's spouse increases over time, and the physical act of sex is but a miniscule aspect of the relationship as a whole.
Marriage will absolutely occur in the kingdom, which will be on earth, but not for the ressurrected. You may be getting the 2 confused, or perhaps I missed it in scripture. By all means, if scripture says this cite it.
Matthew 22:29-32 (KJV)

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,

32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

www.bibletool.com

There’s more.

Here is context -

Question:

Here is IMHO the more you speak of.

There is context.

There is concept.

One does not rule out the other.

God is a Spirit who promotes having a bride of Christ. That is a born again concept and ccntext.

Man is made body soul. In creation. The physical context came in the first man.

The Spiritual context came at Pentecost.

The concept is having offspring in both context areas.

The bride of Christ is the to be wife of God. Not in the physical sense, but in the spiritual sense,
But
We are not to live like the devil in the flesh.

Concept and context in parallel. The wedding supper has not happened yet.

I really appreciate your posts.

It takes both concept and context together.

The seed
Is
The Word of God

Made in the image of God, but flesh is the image.

The reality is the change to a state that can make us ready to be with God for eternity.

Redenecks have to die to self.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Back