Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why doesn't God have a wife?

Wow, that is a huge and complex question. As Eve was the mother of all mankind, it is a necessity that Adam and Eve are of one image and likeness. God also created all animals male and female. Perhaps we could lead off with a defining of terms. Image - this word should not be seen as being in the physical likeness, but instead is referring to characteristics, such as morality, emotion, intellect, and so on. This may also include physicality as well, since we know that God walked in the garden and had been described as a man in appearance Genesis 18:1-3 (KJV)

1 And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;

2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,

3 And said, My LORD, if now I have found favor in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness;… Genesis 1:26

So based on this scripture do you believe that Eve was created in the image of God?

So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Genesis 1:27

If Eve wasn’t created in the image of God, then in whose image is she created?

JLB

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness;… Genesis 1:26

So based on this scripture do you believe that Eve was created in the image of God?

So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Genesis 1:27

If Eve wasn’t created in the image of God, then in whose image is she created?

JLB
I am not exactly sure, I was trying to define terms. What do you think?

I am not exactly sure, I was trying to define terms. What do you think?

Of course Eve was created in the image and likeness of God as was Adam.

Man here refers to mankind (human beings) not just the male since the context plainly says; male and female He created them.

He told them to be fruitful, which means to reproduce.

God only blessed this when kind reproduces after it’s own kind.

A man and a woman can reproduce either a male or female human being.

JLB

Given previous attempts ? this will probably not make sense to many.

The imagery is in heart, lungs, liver, kidneys (reins), ribs (24 elders ), etc.

Hidden information like the seed in the parable of the sower.

It appears Adam and Eve did not have the spiritual gifts.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Please use scripture to validate your theory.
He stated truth.

There is no marriage in heaven, nor giving in marriage.

The premise or the title question is opposed to God and His Word, thus is quicksand, and dangerously wrong.

He stated truth.

There is no marriage in heaven, nor giving in marriage.

The premise or the title question is opposed to God and His Word, thus is quicksand, and dangerously wrong.

Ok.

Now that we understand this let me make some necessary adjustments to some scripture.

Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.”
Revelation 19:7

“For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
Ephesians 5:31-32

Ok. Got it.

John 3:29 (KJV) - He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

Not understanding what marriage is seems to be wide-spread in the English language community/countries/language.
Right brother. The two becoming one flesh doesn't translate well. There is more than a physical joining of 2 people in marriage, how much moreso God and His people!

Not understanding what marriage is seems to be wide-spread in the English language community/countries/language.
The Disciples did not understand parables either. The parable of the sower is the key to understanding all parables/riddles/ metaphysical truth.

The seed is the Word of God
The ground is men’s hearts.

A lower lewel example is expanded to become a higher level truth.

IMHO
God ultimately had a begotten Son.

Not exactly like a Man and Woman do, but still in a concept of offspring.

Isaiah 6 is the book to start with. We might think it is about Isaiah teaching a stubborn , but actually it is about how Jesus would teach in the future.

Inside the seed is a DNA BOOK OF plant life.

When we receive power to witness , we amaze others. Not that is is that do the work, but that god is in us. We reveal the secrets of men’s hearts.

1 Corinthians 14:25 kjv
25. And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a
26. How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

We can not do this with human intellect.

IMHO it’s Pentecost before explanations began.

Human reproduction is a context parable that is moved to God having a begotten son.

Two entirely different context areas, but the same concept.

For instant: healing is physical to shoe forgiveness of sins is possible. ( according to Jesus).

Mississippi redneck
eddif

L

If God is the father of Jesus, then God could have a wife. :lol
"Father" is spoken in the sense of a creator or founder, such as the "founding fathers of America", Steve Jobs the "father" of smart devices, George Balanchine the "father" of neoclassical ballet, it's not meant to be your male progenitor.

Back