Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Ecumenical Creeds Should Be Dropped

For me this just seems like something to complain about and not areal issue. Just another idea to be anti about just to be anti...

I must quit posting so the moderator hat still fits my head....:yes

Stormcrow

There can be no agreements with the RCC? There are many points of agreement between RCC and Protestants. I take it you believe that you're neither RCC nor Protestant.

FC

He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,
and his kingdom will have no end.
I only know of one person on this forum who doesn't believe this line

Actually, a full preterist would write your statement this way:

He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,
I only know of one person on this forum who doesn't believe this line
and his kingdom will have no end.

Full preterism believes that the very reason His kingdom has already come and will have no end is because it was fully established when He came in judgment against Jerusalem in 70AD and took the kingdom away from apostate Israel: the generation that crucified Him.

There are people on the board, however, that seem to believe His kingdom "having no end" is conditional upon His yet fulfilled coming in glory and judgment, and so believe His kingdom is only partially here and partially His (i.e. He currently shares power with Satan, or He is the Lord of heaven while Satan rules this world).

Reba

Sorry. I thought the two were connected by the way it was stated. I can easier find the answer to that question by just punching the word into the internet.

FC

Reba

Sorry. I thought the two were connected by the way it was stated. I can easier find the answer to that question by just punching the word into the internet.

FC

I think it would be good if I was not deeply involved in this, I will let you guys sort things out. But perhaps I can give you food for thought.

I would like to remind people that "one holy catholic apostolic church" cannot refer to "RCC" as you guys understand it today - there was no such thing in the 4th century. The Church the Patriarchs of Rome, Antioch, Jerusalem, Alexandria and Constantinople. No one considered the holy Catholic Church to be only "Roman" and would remind all here that the term was applied by the Anglicans in the 16th century. There is no official document from the first millenium that mentions "RCC".

One cannot remove the fact that the Church saw itself as visible, but it certainly was not "Roman" only.

Regards

I think it would be good if I was not deeply involved in this...
I think it would be good if a Christian site could knock off this embarrassing and offensive crap directed at the Catholic church.

It gets old, it looks bad to visitors, and it is based on unsound theology. (Ok, it's not actually theology, it's self-righteous nonsense.) :nono2

RCC discussion belongs else where.

This post has been deleted
. Please abide by the rules you agreed too. Thanks reba

Last edited by a moderator:
Back