Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

Why every Christian has to stand before Judgement

Yes they will , but the White Throne Judgment is a distinct and set apart event of which there is no mention of the saved being in attendance , unless you see a scripture that details their presence .
The way I understand it, there is to be a rapture of all who have died faithful. All from the beginning, up to the second coming who will be made incorruptible having eternal life.
They all come with Christ when he is to bring God’s judgments on His people and the nations.
The fact that there are believers at the time of his coming in judgment, must mean there is a time gap between the rapture and the judgments whereby believers will develop in Jerusalem .
Many of those believer will be killed under the tribulation. They are part of the first resurrection and made as the others.

All the others to be judged will face the second death. This must include all from all time who were in covenant but not faithful, and any unfaithful who in covenant died during the tribulation.

Anyone who never entered covenant with God have already been judged in Adam and will never see a resurrection.

The first judgment is to fall on God’s people in Israel(Babylon).
This happens when the beast attacks the people of Israel to kill them all. And one of the kings engage in this is a king of Israel. The Antichrist man of sin who persecuted the people under his rule and who then gives his power to the beast to destroy Jerusalem and her people.
This is celebrated by the raptured ones because in her(Babylon)was found all the blood of the prophets and saints.
There will be only a remnant of believers who remain. All the rest of the people who were not killed will be scattered among the nations. Babylon has fallen.
After that, war will be waged by the believers against the beast and dragon king (Antichrist) who will be defeated and the dragon king and his associates will be cast into the bottomless pit till after the reign of Christ.

Now comes the first resurrection. This includes all who will not suffer a second death and who were killed during the tribulation.

Now, all we have left are the ones to be judged unfaithful who will suffer a second death. This is the White Thorne judgement to include all the unfaithful from all time.

Then there is the 1,000 yr reign.

After the reign, the dragon king called Satan, will be raised from the pit and will attempt an overflow of the kingdom of God on earth, but will be defeated and killed. He and all who joined him.
What do you think?

The way I understand it, there is to be a rapture of all who have died faithful. All from the beginning, up to the second coming who will be made incorruptible having eternal life.
They all come with Christ when he is to bring God’s judgments on His people and the nations.
The fact that there are believers at the time of his coming in judgment, must mean there is a time gap between the rapture and the judgments whereby believers will develop in Jerusalem .
Many of those believer will be killed under the tribulation. They are part of the first resurrection and made as the others.

All the others to be judged will face the second death. This must include all from all time who were in covenant but not faithful, and any unfaithful who in covenant died during the tribulation.

Anyone who never entered covenant with God have already been judged in Adam and will never see a resurrection.

The first judgment is to fall on God’s people in Israel(Babylon).
This happens when the beast attacks the people of Israel to kill them all. And one of the kings engage in this is a king of Israel. The Antichrist man of sin who persecuted the people under his rule and who then gives his power to the beast to destroy Jerusalem and her people.
This is celebrated by the raptured ones because in her(Babylon)was found all the blood of the prophets and saints.
There will be only a remnant of believers who remain. All the rest of the people who were not killed will be scattered among the nations. Babylon has fallen.
After that, war will be waged by the believers against the beast and dragon king (Antichrist) who will be defeated and the dragon king and his associates will be cast into the bottomless pit till after the reign of Christ.

Now comes the first resurrection. This includes all who will not suffer a second death and who were killed during the tribulation.

Now, all we have left are the ones to be judged unfaithful who will suffer a second death. This is the White Thorne judgement to include all the unfaithful from all time.

Then there is the 1,000 yr reign.

After the reign, the dragon king called Satan, will be raised from the pit and will attempt an overflow of the kingdom of God on earth, but will be defeated and killed. He and all who joined him.
What do you think?
It appears to me that the only ones mentioned in scripture standing in front of the White Throne are the damned .

11Then I saw a great white throne and the One seated on it. Earth and heaven fled from His presence, and no place was found for them. 12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne.

It appears to me that the only ones mentioned in scripture standing in front of the White Throne are the damned .

11Then I saw a great white throne and the One seated on it. Earth and heaven fled from His presence, and no place was found for them. 12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne.
Who are the ones judging them?

"Him" who sits on the Great White Throne judges them is the way I read it .

Rev 20:11

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it,
Psa 149:5 Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds.
6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand;
7 To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people;
8 To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron;
9 To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the LORD.
This speaks directly to what we read going on during the judgments of Revelation.

Psa 149:5 Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds.
6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand;
7 To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people;
8 To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron;
9 To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the LORD.
This speaks directly to what we read going on during the judgments of Revelation.
I don't read the Judgement handed out at the Great White Throne as being connected to anyone but He who sits on the throne

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away

I think the statement that "judgment begins with God's house" may be somewhat misapplied. I'm not sure it was meant to apply in the eschatological sense. I think those who know better, who have God's witness, are the first each time in history to be judged for what they know.

Those who don't know better will be judged nevertheless in their personal history, but may be given more "slack" and patience for the importune disadvantage of not knowing as much as the Christian knows. They may be given extra lattitude for suffering things in life and feeling "shorted," misunderstood, and punished for things other people have caused.

Reacting to all of the negativity of life is something I think God understands, though He never condones sin. Those of us who know we are called to suffer misfortunes in life caused by others have no excuse to strike out at God. We are His people, the sheep of His pasture. It is our noble duty to suffer on behalf of others so that they can see in us God's grace.
My point was regarding the several passages that speak of Christians being judged by their works. Some Christians think that we will not be judged, so I was just checking to see if that was the case.

My point was regarding the several passages that speak of Christians being judged by their works. Some Christians think that we will not be judged, so I was just checking to see if that was the case.
Christians are not "judged" for loss or punishment .
The is no condemnation for any Christain.
They are judged for how great or how small their "gain" or "reward" will be .
I think it is important to make the distinction of being Judged for reward rather then Judged for loss.
In the Fed Ex cup all the golfers are Judged at the end .
Judged as to how much of a reward they receive based upon their performance .
Some will be awarded more than others but every one of them will walk away having been judged worthy to have "Gained" something.
This is exactly the mechanism that will take place at the Judgement Seat Of Christ

Phl 1:21
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

I think it is important to make the distinction of being Judged for reward rather then Judged for loss.
It's both:

1Co 3:12 Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw—
1Co 3:13 each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done.
1Co 3:14 If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward.
1Co 3:15 If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire. (ESV)

Some will be awarded more than others but every one of them will walk away having been judged worthy to have "Gained" something.
This is exactly the mechanism that will take place at the Judgement Seat Of Christ

It's both:

1Co 3:14 If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward.
1Co 3:15 If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire. (ESV)
Do you understand this to mean a person will first receive a reward and then lose it ?
None of us will already have our reward in hand prior to showing up at the Judgement seat of Christ to be Judged as to the validity of our works right ?

It depends on what you mean by "judged?" It is impossible that God not "judge" every single human being who has ever lived, with the exception of Christ. And that's because God is holy, and doesn't close His eyes to what people do.

The question to me is: what does that "judgment" consist of? Those who reject the atonement of His Son God will judge with eternal death, which means removal from earth as an eternal paradise. All who do wrong, and all indeed do wrong, will be judged to mete out consequences that will address matters involving society and history.

God's Word always has a correcting influence to all aberrant behavior, though it is mitigated by mercy, patience, and kindness. How God's judgment of our deeds in this life reflect on our rewards in the future life I don't know.

So we're all being judged as Christians, but it is a necessary corrective in this world so that God's ultimate plans go forward successfully. You only need to look at the biblical history of Israel to understand something of this process. Not all in Israel who sinned were without genuine faith. I don't think you can find a single believer in the Bible who didn't sin and suffer to some degree for it?

But if you're talking strictly about rewards in the future life, I'm not sure we're given a clear answer. We know some will be somewhat ashamed of their shortcomings. But then again, I think ultimately our grief will be settled, and our shame will be completely healed.

Last edited:
It depends on what you mean by "judged." It is impossible that God not "judge" every single human being who has ever lived, with the exception of Christ. And that's because God is holy, and doesn't close His eyes to what people do.

The question to me is: what does that "judgment" consist of? Those who reject the atonement of His Son God will judge with eternal death, which means removal from earth as an eternal paradise.
The "meaning" of "judged" is manifest in the fact that there are two separate Judgements for two separate groups of people.
The Great White Throne Judgement for all who have not received the gift of salvation in Christ Jesus .
And the Judgement Seat Of Christ for all those who received the gift of salvation in Christ Jesus.

The "meaning" of "judged" is manifest in the fact that there are two separate Judgements for two separate groups of people.
The Great White Throne Judgement for all who have not received the gift of salvation in Christ Jesus .
And the Judgement Seat Of Christ for all those who received the gift of salvation in Christ Jesus.
And you differentiate these 2 "judgments" on what basis? Is this just "logical thinking," or is there a biblical basis for it in your view?

I've heard these kinds of distinctions for years but have always seen God's judgment as sort of an impartial holy standard applied to everybody in all times. Certainly there will be an eternal determination as to whether people will live inside earth's paradise or outside, in Outer Darkness. But the "judgment" itself is sort of an all-inclusive word related to God's holiness, which applies on all occasions, whether for judgments in history, in our personal lives, or in eternity.

If there is an official proceeding at the end of the ages, how can I know that this is strictly for eternal sentencing or a determination of rewards?

I don't read the Judgement handed out at the Great White Throne as being connected to anyone but He who sits on the throne

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away
The resurrected ones who were given eternal life are represented by the 24 elders and 4 living creatures.

And you differentiate these 2 "judgments" on what basis? Is this just "logical thinking," or is there a biblical basis for it in your view?

I've heard these kinds of distinctions for years but have always seen God's judgment as sort of an impartial holy standard applied to everybody in all times. Certainly there will be an eternal determination as to whether people will live inside earth's paradise or outside, in Outer Darkness. But the "judgment" itself is sort of an all-inclusive word related to God's holiness, which applies on all occasions, whether for judgments in history, in our personal lives, or in eternity.

If there is an official proceeding at the end of the ages, how can I know that this is strictly for eternal sentencing or a determination of rewards?

The fact that God has named two separate Judgements in His scripture tells me that there are two separate reasons for each.
Do you believe you will receive a reward for your actions in this lifetime you did for Christ as a Christian ?
My "logical thinking" tells me that you will , and I hope that I will.
At the same time my " logical thinking" tells me that the reward I receive, and that you receive, will probably not be as great as the reward that the Apostle Paul will receive .
Where and when will these varying rewards be given then
For me the Christ that I know will give whatever reward we all are to get openly, at one time, in the Light of His presence .
The Christ that I know will not judge our reward at separate times, in corner , in individual separate secret ceremonies where nobody else can see what the other's reward is .
This is what Paul meant by "loss" at the Judgement seat of Christ .
Some of us are going to walk away from His Judgement Seat Saved but sorry that we did not do more for Him when we had the chance to.
My logical thinking tells me this will be done at one time for all , seen by all .
Thus the meaning of a "Judgement Seat of Christ"
Judgement means that which is done publicly, not in secret.

I'm curious as to why you believe there are two separate judgements named in scripture?
The Great White Throne Judgement , and the Judgement Seat of Christ

Do you understand this to mean a person will first receive a reward and then lose it ?
None of us will already have our reward in hand prior to showing up at the Judgement seat of Christ to be Judged as to the validity of our works right ?
The passage states that one will either receive a reward, based on their works, or one will suffer loss, the loss of their works as they are burned up. There is nothing to suggest that we first receive rewards and then some will lose them.

The passage states that one will either receive a reward, based on their works, or one will suffer loss, the loss of their works as they are burned up. There is nothing to suggest that we first receive rewards and then some will lose them.
Exactly , not the loss of any reward but the loss in seeing what we believed we had done for Christ burned up.
I even believe there will be loss suffered for not only what we did do thinking it was for Christ but was done for selfish reasons , but also loss for what we did not do for Christ when we had the chance to .
Loss by omission.
The "loss" we will suffer is the harsh realization of failure to do the work God gave us to do .
And it will hurt and be deeply disappointing to us .

The fact that God has named two separate Judgements in His scripture tells me that there are two separate reasons for each.
Do you believe you will receive a reward for your actions in this lifetime you did for Christ as a Christian ?
My "logical thinking" tells me that you will , and I hope that I will.
At the same time my " logical thinking" tells me that the reward I receive, and that you receive, will probably not be as great as the reward that the Apostle Paul will receive .
Where and when will these varying rewards be given then
For me the Christ that I know will give whatever reward we all are to get openly, at one time, in the Light of His presence .
The Christ that I know will not judge our reward at separate times, in corner , in individual separate secret ceremonies where nobody else can see what the other's reward is .
This is what Paul meant by "loss" at the Judgement seat of Christ .
Some of us are going to walk away from His Judgement Seat Saved but sorry that we did not do more for Him when we had the chance to.
My logical thinking tells me this will be done at one time for all , seen by all .
Thus the meaning of a "Judgement Seat of Christ"
Judgement means that which is done publicly, not in secret.

I'm curious as to why you believe there are two separate judgements named in scripture?
The Great White Throne Judgement , and the Judgement Seat of Christ
I don't know? I was just asking, because it's not a subject I've spent any time on. It's a good subject, and I plan to look into it a little. I probably should since it really determines our eternal destiny. That should place quite high on the priority list of "subjects I should study?" ;)

Thanks! :)

I don't know? I was just asking, because it's not a subject I've spent any time on. It's a good subject, and I plan to look into it a little. I probably should since it really determines our eternal destiny. That should place quite high on the priority list of "subjects I should study?" ;)

Thanks! :)
Blessings +

Is not born of God a judgement already made?

When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

Back