Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

Why every Christian has to stand before Judgement

Like the Jews when they were waiting for the Messiah, Christians have their own ideas of what will happen before Jesus comes, including who will be judged and when. People as a given, tend to look to self as their first priority and see what they want to see, usually for their own liking rather than what the scripture shows them. When Christ first came, many of the Jews wanted a Messiah to save them from the Romans and other local problems, not tell them about sin and repenting. Israel really wanted only the glory and prestige of a Messiah as King, they didn't want Him asking them to surrender their hearts and wills to Him. They didn't want to give up their greedy ambitions, or power, wealth and pleasures, they didn't want to part with sin they cherished and the bondage of iniquity. They wanted a free ride and instant gratification that didnt make them give up any sin, indulgence of self pleasure or lust, so to submit themselves to the divine was not what they wanted.

When the Messiah came, they wanted no atoner for sins, they wanted a conquering king and as many Christians today, in no way surrender their lives to Christ and part with their pet sins. That is a hard message especially in these last days for Christians, and then to be judged, that really is devastating, they want a free ride to heaven, no judgement. So we will be judged? Lets take a look at what the Bible shows..
Daniel 7:9-10
9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

2 Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Romans 14:10
But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Romans 14:12
So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

So everyone including those who have done good, or those who have done bad, will be before the judgement seat and the scriptures even tells us who it begins with..

1 Peter 4:17
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Now the reason it begins with the 'house of God' is that at the Second Coming the saints will be separated from the wicked..
Matthew 25:31-34
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Daniel 7:22
Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

And who this is..
John 5:22
For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

And nothing will be kept secret from Him...
Romans 2:16
In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Some say it's only the wicked that are judged, but the Bible clearly indicts that all will appear before the judgment seat of Christ, those who truly believe will be judged worthy by the blood of the Lamb. others will receive the judgment of condemnation.
That was good and 😕 confusing

Not that you wrote it but the scriptures. And then the twist at the end.

So help me out.

If I was forgiven for my past sins will I be judged for them?

I think fear also confuses me. Do we put away deeds of the flesh because of fear? For I recall perfect love cast out fear...fear of what? Fear that has to do with punishment.

And if one fears then they have not been perfected by /in ❤️ love.

You say those who truly believe "will be found worthy" when you say believe do you mean "trust"

And please share that scripture you are referring to above.

And what do people truly need to believe?

This is the way you have brought me to see it:

Jesus died for our sins so that we would live for Him.

So what does the above all mean?

And in honesty I cant say I really know-

But what I think is He opened up the doorway to the Father for all through belief in who He is with the intent of following Him.

Sense God is not the God of the dead but the living....We come alive once we die to self in this world. Jesus is the way but why? Why is Jesus the way?

So this question put something in my mind.
The belief with the intent to follow puts us into the body of Christ.

Being in the Body of Christ...gives us room to grow. Interesting enough, there are so many ways to go from here with this.

For if one is put in the body as a realistic way of seeing the body, then our bodies are to be counted as dead. If they are not then our Baptism should remind us of this.

So he died for us in order that His blood can be applied as we walk in His ways..

Now this goes back to then what does someone really need to believe to be put in the body of christ? That Jesus is the son of the living God, the Christ, the Lord, creator?

But even with this there are people who do more work for God than others. But what it truly opens my mind to is that in order to live you must die.

And sense living enters the seen then the only works to do for the living is to bring life to others.

So judged for works seem to be either one place or the other.

11Then I saw a great white throne and the One seated on it. Earth and heaven fled from His presence, and no place was found for them. 12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne.

And there were open books, and one of them was the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their deeds, as recorded in the books. 13The sea gave up its dead, and Death and Hades gave up their dead, and each one was judged according to his deeds.

14Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death—the lake of fire. 15And if anyone was found whose name was not written in the Book of Life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

First, it must be understood that all the dead who died faithful in Christ will be raised incorruptible at his coming. And that when he comes to judge the world they come with him in their incorruptible state.

The White Throne is the first resurrection, and includes those who have died during the tribulation. There will be some who were killed for their testimony in Christ and others who are not found in the book of life. The one’s faithful who died during this time will be raised incorruptible and reign with Christ a thousand years. All others not found in the book will die the second death in the lake of fire.
This judgment comes before the reign of Christ, as the heaven and earth that then was is fled from his presence to make way for the new heaven and earth. This is simply terms for government and the people. A new system.
But there is to be another resurrection at the end of the 1,000 yr reign. That was reserved for the dragon king and all his associates.
They will attempt an overthrow of the kingdom but will fail and be destroyed.
I heard someone speak on that the reigning could be now?

Back