Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Why Hell?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Sam21

Does anyone else have a problem understanding why there is a hell for humans? It appears that the bible is saying that humans by default go into hell, a place of horrible pain and suffering. In other words, you can be a good ole boy or girl and just not think about God and end up in hell, that defines most of humanity. We understand a Hitler going into terrible punishment,but the nice old lady down the street who believes that there is a God but has never actually called upon Jesus to be her Saviour is hard to understand. Any thoughts on this one(this has troubled me all my life).

Would of rather God took away our free will and we all just served him like robots and we couldn't make any decisions on our own? Then no humans would go to hell......would that be better?

Hell wasn't created for humans.....it was created for Satan and his fallen angels.

Only after sin entered the world did people start going to hell.

God gives you every opportunity to not go to hell. Accept Jesus as your savior and serve him and he will not only keep you out of hell, but he will live with you in paradise full of love and peace that will last forever and ever.

God does not send people to hell.....people send themselves to hell. :nono2:chin

Does anyone else have a problem understanding why there is a hell for humans? It appears that the bible is saying that humans by default go into hell, a place of horrible pain and suffering. In other words, you can be a good ole boy or girl and just not think about God and end up in hell, that defines most of humanity. We understand a Hitler going into terrible punishment,but the nice old lady down the street who believes that there is a God but has never actually called upon Jesus to be her Saviour is hard to understand. Any thoughts on this one(this has troubled me all my life).

Does anyone else have a problem understanding why there is a hell for humans? It appears that the bible is saying that humans by default go into hell, a place of horrible pain and suffering

Thats not the case at all, due to hellfire preachers trying to scare people into believes the term "hell" has been incorrectly represented.

In other words, you can be a good ole boy or girl and just not think about God and end up in hell, that defines most of humanity. We understand a Hitler going into terrible punishment,but the nice old lady down the street who believes that there is a God but has never actually called upon Jesus to be her Saviour is hard to understand

There is a difference between hell and the lake of fire, you seem to speak more of the lake of fire then hell.

struggling with this myself ,
sofar all ive come up with is
only God is good ,and he won't be in the lake of fire
so there will be nothing good there
the mental anguish of being where nothing is good , would be far worse than any pain
it may be that in his mercy there is great physical pain there to mitigate the mental anguish
dont really know just saying

In other words none of you guys have a clue either. Lose of existence for refusing to seek and find God in this life would be difficult to understand, however eternal torment for not finding God in this life is way past human understanding. Why do most people miss God? In most cases it appears that they miss God simply because they conform to the world that they are born into,in other words,just doing what comes naturally can cause you to be in torment forever and ever. I just do not think any of us can really understand the "why" of this one.

I have more than a clue...

Our particular list of sins doesn't matter. Whether or not Jesus' blood is applied to them does.

Either you belong to the Kingdom of righteousness positionally through Jesus Christ, or you belong to the Kingdom of darkness by default.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back