Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why I haven't been on

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Raven

I suppose some of you may be wondering why I haven't been on.. Honestly, I've been having relapses with my major depression (I know fun right?), been talking with my counsler and my boyfriends, and been doing a lot of thinking. And the other day while listening to some music I had an disturbing thought..my thought was 'I think I'm ready' but really who am I kidding? I'm not ready yet, I'm still "sinning" I still have questions..I'm still at square one. I was given advice by a friend, but in all respects I am having trouble taking the advice given..

my thought was 'I think I'm ready' but really who am I kidding? I'm not ready yet, I'm still "sinning" I still have questions..I'm still at square one. I was given advice by a friend, but in all respects I am having trouble taking the advice given..

I assume I know what you mean by being "ready", but I'd like to hear you say it. So, you're at square-one, but if you're facing the right direction, that's a good thing. What advice were you given by your friend, if you don't mind saying?

I suppose some of you may be wondering why I haven't been on.. Honestly, I've been having relapses with my major depression (I know fun right?), been talking with my counsler and my boyfriends, and been doing a lot of thinking. And the other day while listening to some music I had an disturbing thought..my thought was 'I think I'm ready' but really who am I kidding? I'm not ready yet, I'm still "sinning" I still have questions..I'm still at square one. I was given advice by a friend, but in all respects I am having trouble taking the advice given..

Depression is a major artery that runs in my family, not just a vein. I know its different for each individual, but I can relate in some way to your feelings.

In an effort to no put you in a box, I am curious to understand exactly what it is your thought of "I think I'm ready" is all about, and why sinning and questions are holding you back from doing what ever it is that you are thinking about doing?

@Fembot: I've heard about that, only differance is that I was told chocolate is like a antidepressant. Tried it and hadn't really noticed much. @Mike: The advice given was to read certain books in the bibie (forgot what they were) and to talk and ask god. @Nick: The thought was basically ready to give god a chance. What's holding me back is I can't change the way I am, I'm so used to my lifestyle that I can't just change it, it's scary and everything to change. I honestly don't think I can handle it nor am actually ready.. That's why that thought disturbed me..

@Fembot: I've heard about that, only differance is that I was told chocolate is like a antidepressant. Tried it and hadn't really noticed much. @Mike: The advice given was to read certain books in the bibie (forgot what they were) and to talk and ask god. @Nathan: The thought was basically ready to give god a chance. What's holding me back is I can't change the way I am, I'm so used to my lifestyle that I can't just change it, it's scary and everything to change. I honestly don't think I can handle it nor am actually ready.. That's why that thought disturbed me..

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back