Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why is Christianity better than others?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I was reading around through some threads and became very discouraged with how many people were having problems with why christianity is the only religion and with the hate and distaste towards other religions that shows up in some posts trying to prove this point. The evidence is our actions the proof comes when we stand before God. I have A new question to pose here, and I challenge any one here who thinks they have the answer to this question to try and prove it to me. I can almost be certain that , while you may make a few points, you cannot prove one religion to be better then the other. We forget the significance of blessed are the poor in spirit and blessed are the meek. I will warn I may be bold here as this is one belief that I have no doubts. YOU CAN NOT PROVE ONE RELIGION/DENOMINATION TO BE THE ONE AND ONLY!! When Christians can get past this point they would be surprised at the realization that God is everywhere and be surprised at some of the places they see God. God’s Word is alive and in action!! I’ve seen 2 or 3 times today alone where Ghandi’s quote about christians was used out of context by people proving his point. I’ll leave you with quotes from various people from varying religions and you try and tell me that they don’t speak God’s Truth??

There is but One God, His name is Truth, He is the Creator, He fears none, he is without hate, He never dies, He is beyond the cycle of births and death, He is self illuminated, He is realized by the kindness of the True Guru. He was True in the beginning, He was True when the ages commenced and has ever been True, He is also True now.†Guru Nanak

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.â€
Albert Schweitzer

“Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.†Carl Gustav Jung

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.†Confucius

“Large skepticism leads to large understanding. Small skepticism leads to small understanding. No skepticism leads to no understanding.†Xi Zhi

“All human language draws its nature and value from the fact that it both comes from the Word of God and is chosen by God to manifest himself. But this relationship is secret and incomprehensible, beyond the bounds of reason and analysis.†Jacques Ellul

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
Kurt Cobain

Re: Christian Beliefs

^^ That would be much better as it's own topic.

Re: Christian Beliefs

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
Kurt Cobain

Isn't interesting that he (along with the rest of us), was loved for who he was even while he was God's enemy?

seekandlisten said:
YOU CAN NOT PROVE ONE RELIGION/DENOMINATION TO BE THE ONE AND ONLY!!
Denomination, no, but one can show why one religion is better than another and which one makes the most sense.

I just want to make note here that my main intent on making this post was in regards to the answers given in a forum for unbelievers as to why christianity is the only way. I was hoping through this comes learning for any christian observing this thread. I will point out I am born and raised in canada so my main religious influence is christianity. I have some knowledge in relation to many different religions but that has just been from my own personal studying. I don't judge any religion yet I refuse to be a part of one solely. A man made religion cannot contain God and His Word. It may contain parts of the Truth but not the whole.

Free said:
seekandlisten said:
Denomination, no, but one can show why one religion is better than another and which one makes the most sense.

Show me proof. I will point out here of all the religions science is the only one that corrects itself.

I will give you this question. How can Christianity with Christ as its head fail?? A history of disagreements and separation and actions definitely not in love would disagree. I will also put forward here, if I believe in the same God as you and that Jesus died for world and you cannot convince me, how do you expect to prove it to an unbeliever??

There is no point to this discussion. Some people on this forum only preach hatred. They think they and very few others have all the truth. It makes them feel good to know that, according to them, very few people will get into heaven, and that the rest will suffer forever. It makes them feel really special or something. Discussions about denominations or other religions being wrong only serves to allow the hateful, to spew their hate and defame the words of Jesus. This forum seems to have a lot of these types around.

kenmaynard said:
There is no point to this discussion. Some people on this forum only preach hatred. They think they and very few others have all the truth. It makes them feel good to know that, according to them, very few people will get into heaven, and that the rest will suffer forever. It makes them feel really special or something. Discussions about denominations or other religions being wrong only serves to allow the hateful, to spew their hate and defame the words of Jesus. This forum seems to have a lot of these types around.
I can't speak for everyone but I can for some. This has nothing to do with feeling good about oneself. There is nothing wrong with thinking one's beliefs are the truth. I would seriously question a person who said they believed something but didn't believe it to be the truth. We all just need to recognize when we need to change what we believe so that it aligns with what is true. Much of the NT speaks of and addresses the errors in belief that people have. Truth is vital and to blindly accept other beliefs as true is extremely dangerous. I agree that it shouldn't be done in a hateful way but it should be done.

To say that there is no point is to say that you are not interested in the truth.

I just noticed this thread is also under other religions. I would say that it relates more towards christianity. I'll leave it up to the mods where it should go but personally i would say under apologetix. My point being it doesn't matter whether you are a Christian(Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Protestant)all divisions, Buddhist, Hindu, Jewish, Muslim, Wiccan, Athiest, Science or none at all. There members of the Body of Christ in all religions and we don't have the authority to judge that. God's True Church will never fail and if you are stuck on the fact that a buddhist, a mormon, a universalist, or an athiest can't get into heaven I would begin looking for answers.

kenmaynard said:

If I told you I was muslim, athiest, wiccan, or any other title you want to insert here would you think I was going to heaven with you and based on what?

seekandlisten said:
Free said:
seekandlisten said:
Show me proof. I will point out here of all the religions science is the only one that corrects itself.
Giving proof will make this a very long, drawn out discussion. There are hardly ever any quick answers in comparing religions.

seekandlisten said:
I will give you this question. How can Christianity with Christ as its head fail?? A history of disagreements and separation and actions definitely not in love would disagree.
Sorry, but I don't understand what you are asking.

seekandlisten said:
My point being it doesn't matter whether you are a Christian(Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Protestant)all divisions, Buddhist, Hindu, Jewish, Muslim, Wiccan, Athiest, Science or none at all. There members of the Body of Christ in all religions and we don't have the authority to judge that. God's True Church will never fail and if you are stuck on the fact that a buddhist, a mormon, a universalist, or an athiest can't get into heaven I would begin looking for answers.
I think the Bible disagrees with you.

Free said:
kenmaynard said:
I can't speak for everyone but I can for some. This has nothing to do with feeling good about oneself. There is nothing wrong with thinking one's beliefs are the truth. I would seriously question a person who said they believed something but didn't believe it to be the truth. We all just need to recognize when we need to change what we believe so that it aligns with what is true. Much of the NT speaks of and addresses the errors in belief that people have. Truth is vital and to blindly accept other beliefs as true is extremely dangerous. I agree that it shouldn't be done in a hateful way but it should be done.

To say that there is no point is to say that you are not interested in the truth.
I agree w/ Free. Truth is truth. Christianity is true and there are mountains of evidence to support it's claims. To say that all faiths are correct is relativism. Truth is absolute, therefore, whatever is not true is false. If Christianity is true, then a belief contradictory to Christianity is false.

Furthermore, to say that all faiths worship the same God, but call him a different name is false. Any god that is not YHWH of the Bible is a false god. The Mormons have a god that is an exalted man - that's a false god. Buddhist have a god(s) that is not personal, but a force. Still, others have a god who is ONLY loving - that's a false god too! Any time you alter, add, or detract any of God's attributes as set forth in the Bible, then you have created for yourself a FALSE god. Unless they have the TRUE Christ as the sacrificial Lamb, second person of the Godhead, to take away sins, then they are not true.

Now, this does not mean that I hate Mormons, or Buddhists, or Muslims...but I will not sit here and say that they have it right too. I live in Salt Lake City and I'm surrounded by LDS people every day. If I hated them, I wouldn't live here. The fact is that I love them, but I also know that they don't have a true personal relationship with the real Jesus Christ and therefore they are in a false religion.

My point being it doesn't matter whether you are a Christian(Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Protestant)all divisions, Buddhist, Hindu, Jewish, Muslim, Wiccan, Athiest, Science or none at all. There members of the Body of Christ in all religions and we don't have the authority to judge that. God's True Church will never fail and if you are stuck on the fact that a buddhist, a mormon, a universalist, or an athiest can't get into heaven I would begin looking for answers.
The Bible clearly says that Jesus is the ONLY way (John 14:6) to get to heaven. Unless a Mormon, atheist, Buddhist, whatever puts their faith in the real Jesus, then they are NOT going to heaven.

Free said:
Denomination, no, but one can show why one religion is better than another and which one makes the most sense. Giving proof will make this a very long, drawn out discussion. There are hardly ever any quick answers in comparing religions.

seekandlisten said:
I will give you this question. How can Christianity with Christ as its head fail?? A history of disagreements and separation and actions definitely not in love would disagree.
Sorry, but I don't understand what you are asking.

I understand the drawn out process of proving. I will ask you this instead are people in other religions saved. Or if someone in another religion found God how many christians would think they had to convert?? If we are truly seeking God, remember God's not looking at the outside, it doesn't matter what religion you are in you will find Him. As for the question, my belief is judging from the fruit I can't see the True Church of God being divided, thus making christianity unnecessary. God is anywhere you want to find Him

seekandlisten said:
kenmaynard said:

If I told you I was muslim, athiest, wiccan, or any other title you want to insert here would you think I was going to heaven with you and based on what?

I would say that it doesn't matter. Jesus came and died so all would be forgiven, and wall would be saved. So it doesn't matter what you are or what you believe. All go to heaven.

kenmaynard said:
seekandlisten said:
kenmaynard said:

I would say that it doesn't matter. Jesus came and died so all would be forgiven, and wall would be saved. So it doesn't matter what you are or what you believe. All go to heaven.
That's universalism and it's unbiblical. No where in the Bible does it teach that all are forgiven and all are going to heaven. Jesus spoke of hell A LOT and John 3:16-18 makes it very clear that the only way to eternal life is by fully trusting in Jesus w/ your entire being.

Back