Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

why metallica song sounds christian ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

iwll42

metallica "nothing else matters", especially start, really reminds me how some christian songs start.
Like, it looks christian songs copied from this 'satanic' song ? while in same time saying metal songs are evil ? lol.

(I mean, saying metal genre is satanic is stupid from those older legalistic folks, I've tried metal music and I like it, in fact only problem with metal is death metal which many people associate metal with, as death metal is that screaming and disturbing sounds of guitar.. not enjoyable..

There was some youngster who said " I have such strong faith that I can listen to heavy metal". And I was thinking in myself , "didn't knew choice of music was tied to how strong our faith is ? ".

Like, I can enjoy taylor swift, and other pop songs, it doesn't mean my spiritual state is in decline or less faith. What music are there then ?

When most 'christian' music is copied from these mainstream, like this metallica song that really reminds me of christian songs :biggrin

But here I've found artist like bad omens , and songs really sound good. Even though, when you check out their videos you see a lot satanic symbols, and a lot of red and black, but surprisingly I just go there to listen to music, not receive moral guidance.

metallica "nothing else matters", especially start, really reminds me how some christian songs start.
Like, it looks christian songs copied from this 'satanic' song ? while in same time saying metal songs are evil ? lol.

(I mean, saying metal genre is satanic is stupid from those older legalistic folks, I've tried metal music and I like it, in fact only problem with metal is death metal which many people associate metal with, as death metal is that screaming and disturbing sounds of guitar.. not enjoyable..

There was some youngster who said " I have such strong faith that I can listen to heavy metal". And I was thinking in myself , "didn't knew choice of music was tied to how strong our faith is ? ".

Like, I can enjoy taylor swift, and other pop songs, it doesn't mean my spiritual state is in decline or less faith. What music are there then ?

When most 'christian' music is copied from these mainstream, like this metallica song that really reminds me of christian songs :biggrin

But here I've found artist like bad omens , and songs really sound good. Even though, when you check out their videos you see a lot satanic symbols, and a lot of red and black, but surprisingly I just go there to listen to music, not receive moral guidance.
Hey All,
If you like heavy metal, why not listen to Christian metal bands? Check out Sanctuary International com. (If I remember correctly, it's all one word with no capitals.) You might find what you are looking for.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Unless music is satanic - I don't know what the problem is.
To the pure all things are pure.

Some artists just share there life experiences and express themselves or past experieniences, and some lyrics can be deep or even sound evil but they are far from it. Its just an outlet of speech and expression.

Last edited:
Its amazing how freedom of speech and expression can freak some people out. Unless soemone understands they will never get it. Like master of puppets, sounds evil, deep, angry, and metal, yet its a anti-drug song. Hetfield just explaining how drug abuse and the drug will ruin peoples lives and will take control of them and destroy peoples lives as the master of puppets, and it can kill people in self destruction.

Its a positive song not a negative song. Its the most anti substance abuse and addiction song ever created. Hes being truthful and expressing himself from his own expreience warning people of the dangers of drug abuse and addiction and the battle that comes with it to get clean. And that the thing, its only those who know that can acturally understand what hes talking about otherwise it might just sound evil because its deep.

Last edited:
I was pretty acurate going from my own analising on the meaning of Maser of Puppets and decided to get some facts on it as without Hetfield who am i to say what his own song means.

According to Hetfield the song deals pretty much with drugs. How things get switched around, instead of you controlling what you're taking and doing, it's drugs controlling you. Going on his own witness of users how he could see it was controlling and destroying there lives.

The song gives drugs a persona in the form of the master, with the addict as the puppet. Master of puppets im pulling your strings Is about the devastating effects drugs can have on an addict.

After the song was written, Hetfield related "Master of Puppets" to his own struggle with alcoholism. I hear him.

So, i guess i was right, its not a evil track. I knew he was playing the master and the puppet throughout the song. The devil is the master out to take control and destory as many souls as possible.

All the many different types of addictions people have, could be anything, your not in control anymore the drug is that you crave and its ruling and controlling your life.

The evil works of the devil in the world out to seek and destroy while Christ says follow me i will lead you to fountains of living water and truth and righteousness.

Last edited:
Back