Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why the Church Gathering Has Changed

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
What does epigenetics have to do with how "doing church" has changed?

Edited to add: Are you referring to how Christian belief doesn't change, what we are called to believe and do doesn't change (the DNA), but how we express those beliefs and ultimately live them out does change (gene expression)?

If so, I wouldn't necessarily call that a correlation, but it is a pretty good analogy.
Actually I have posted what I am seeing before I get to the point I am too set in my thoughts. I do not have pages of information I will cut and paste.

Romans 1:20 is a way we see God.

Moses looked at the burning bush. Do I understand perfectly? No.

Do I have more examples I might use? Yes.

I am really trying to get the OP discussed. The title seems to be the only subject discussed.

eddif

Really? Were you there to see these early gatherings?
You are relying on one piece of scripture.

What we see in the Mass is very biblical as I showed.

Moreover Hebrews says the first covenant had regulations for worship and an earthly sanctuary (Heb 9:1). The writer also says that this earthly sanctuary was a copy of the heavenly sanctuary (Heb 9:23-24). Indeed we find in the heavenly sanctuary described by St. John in Revelation many things that were also present in the sacrificial worship of the first covenant:
- a victim (Rev 5:6&12)
- a robed high priest (Rev 1:13)
- other priests (Rev 4:4, etc.)
- an altar (Rev 6:9 etc.)
- lampstands (Rev 1:12 etc.)
- incense (Rev 5:8 & 8:3-5)

These can also be found in the earthly worship of the Mass, when we partake in the heavenly worship.

In addition many other elements of the heavenly liturgy in Revelation are also found in the Mass.:
- antiphonal chants (Rev 4:8-11, 5:9-14, 7:10-12)
- book or scroll (Rev 5:1)
- consecrated celibacy (Rev 14:4)
- intercessory prayer (Rev 5:8, 8:3-4)

And if Paul is your template for the gathering do you agree with Paul's stricture in 1 Cor 14:34-35?
"the women should keep silence in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says. If there is anything they desire to know, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church." :yes

Back