Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why the Church Gathering Has Changed

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I have battles ,very dark to me ,battles where I no longer want to live .

I reached out to the local chat vets who even with covid,most are lost and a few I know agnostic ,say online sucks ,we meet to fight our demons in person .and we did.i told them about my struggle and a counselor I picked contacted me .

He is part of the Spanish church .I asked for him .
So I get the use but all of these vets are local and meet in person.

It's not online only . The disgruntled vet fb thing is similar but not always able to do this .

i know what baptism is i have my bible
If everyone has a Bible, why the difference in belief? What we have sometimes, is the tradition of what our group believes about baptism.

The Greek language predated Jesus and his appearance on earth.

Hebrew language predated the appearance on earth. Under the law of Moses the physical was stressed.

In the kingdom teaching ( beginning with John the Baptist) an inner view of sin begins. In Matthew chapters 5-7 teaching turns almost all the way into inner thoughts. The abstract of: love, joy, peace, patience, poor in spirit, etc.

The new heart and mind more so than washings and physical anointing.

Thus back to spiritual gifts about the external help believe for the eternal.

eddif

I have battles ,very dark to me ,battles where I no longer want to live .

I reached out to the local chat vets who even with covid,most are lost and a few I know agnostic ,say online sucks ,we meet to fight our demons in person .and we did.i told them about my struggle and a counselor I picked contacted me .

He is part of the Spanish church .I asked for him .
So I get the use but all of these vets are local and meet in person.

It's not online only . The disgruntled vet fb thing is similar but not always able to do this .
I try to avoid secular:
Only
Always
Just
etc.

God has a way of getting around who we are in the natural . The quickening spirit is seldom discussed.

eddif

So hiding under pseudonyms is great ?

Let alone never knowingly where you live ,meeting your family .the problem with the internet it enables the fantasy we want .

I can be a unicorn and a bunch of unicorns like me can talk to each other .

Yet not even meet each other and hide that whackiness in the real world .
1 John 3:2 kjv
2. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

We leave our final change to the last trump. The resurrection has not yet happened.

Yes life can be tough. I am just getting over round two with what seemed to have been Covid.

eddif

I try to avoid secular:
Only
Always
Just
etc.

God has a way of getting around who we are in the natural . The quickening spirit is seldom discussed.

eddif
You missed my point when vets struggle with PTSD during covid we decided only in person meeting was effective.

A story because I was there when the nam vet said this with tears .he mentioned the time he saved the fng from getting shot and gets hit himself and said I only made sgt because I lived long enough and thought of those who he led that died.

You can't feel that like I did in person

Its sad when agnostics see the need to meet and share needs in person versus believers who claim I can do it anymously.

Flipping agnostics !!!!

You missed my point when vets struggle with PTSD during covid we decided only in person meeting was effective.

A story because I was there when the nam vet said this with tears .he mentioned the time he saved the fng from getting shot and gets hit himself and said I only made sgt because I lived long enough and thought of those who he led that died.

You can't feel that like I did in person
Maybe my time at Nha Trang & NKP was safe, and I do not have war stories, but I have been in country, and incoming mortar shells are real.

eddif

Maybe my time at Nha Trang & NKP was safe, and I do not have war stories, but I have been in country, and incoming mortar shells are real.

eddif
My memories are more related to my sin I have to forget.
ftt becomes: forgetting those things.

pfp is press forward to prize.
I like the for_his_glory pfp (on knee)

This is the end of military lingo.

This thread is about spiritual warfare.

eddif

My memories are more related to my sin I have to forget.
ftt becomes: forgetting those things.

pfp is press forward to prize.
I like the for_his_glory pfp (on knee)

This is the end of military lingo.

This thread is about spiritual warfare.

eddif
Your generation had no support for PTSD and until quite recently within a decade there was no rating for it .

That isn't always a spiritual thing .though it can be .

That statement is why I seldom go to Christians who dont battle it .no I'm not denying your service or disrespecting you .only saying that to make a case of the only way to have church is to meet in person .

If a group of sinners with PTSD sees the need to meet in person ,few would post that online doctor visits Is medicine and no it isn't . Though useful but psychology or therapy isn't .the VA had use of a 15 minute phone call

Versus an hour or more session in group and private .

I just don't get the defense.

If I can hide my emotions in worship I church ,I have ran the sound board and focused on it working right and being mad for a while .I know I can decieve others easily online .

I don't want to be mad but PTSD has triggers and once that goes I have to rude that out and it takes a bit .the worship actually helps alleviate that .funny isn't that what it's for ?

While yes you can use videos ,but singing along with others ,for me watching the team sing and knowing when to adjust the sound or slides.makes me foucus on the words sung . I hear others singing along . Small church .I hear and adjust for the person's in the room that drown out the worship team. Who is harmony etc must be heard ,the guitar etc .

If a person and I have had it happen once sees I'm not me .I get asked . While some are aloof.it forces me to respond and deal with it .

Online meetings there's no way unless you have zoom that you know that .

Your generation had no support for PTSD and until quite recently within a decade there was no rating for it .

That isn't always a spiritual thing .though it can be .

That statement is why I seldom go to Christians who dont battle it .no I'm not denying your service or disrespecting you .only saying that to make a case of the only way to have church is to meet in person .

If a group of sinners with PTSD sees the need to meet in person ,few would post that online doctor visits Is medicine and no it isn't . Though useful but psychology or therapy isn't .the VA had use of a 15 minute phone call

Versus an hour or more session in group and private .

I just don't get the defense.

If I can hide my emotions in worship I church ,I have ran the sound board and focused on it working right and being mad for a while .I know I can decieve others easily online .

I don't want to be mad but PTSD has triggers and once that goes I have to rude that out and it takes a bit .the worship actually helps alleviate that .funny isn't that what it's for ?

While yes you can use videos ,but singing along with others ,for me watching the team sing and knowing when to adjust the sound or slides.makes me foucus on the words sung . I hear others singing along . Small church .I hear and adjust for the person's in the room that drown out the worship team. Who is harmony etc must be heard ,the guitar etc .

If a person and I have had it happen once sees I'm not me .I get asked . While some are aloof.it forces me to respond and deal with it .

Online meetings there's no way unless you have zoom that you know that .
2 Kings 5:1 kjv
1. Now Naaman, captain of the host of the king of Syria, was a great man with his master, and honourable, because by him the LORD had given deliverance unto Syria: he was also a mighty man in valour, but he was a leper.

2 Kings 5:26 kjv
26. And he said unto him, Went not mine heart with thee, when the man turned again from his chariot to meet thee? Is it a time to receive money, and to receive garments, and oliveyards, and vineyards, and sheep, and oxen, and menservants, and maidservants?

To be present with an occurrence when you are not present is a spiritual gift. To see visions and dreams is part of the OP.

I have very little but some minor spiritual experience in this area. Kind of like my limited nam experiences.

The OP is almost: where did Pentecost go? Who said what I just heard?

Elisha had a full blown experience.

My wife’s brother in law was a phone counselor. A Mississippi nobody that helped alcoholics all over the USA. At his funeral they came from everywhere. I did not attend, but my wife says that is the largest funeral she has ever attended (she is a funeral attending nut).

If what you do works for you, that is fine. I am saying the spiritual gifts can get beyond space, time and reality limits.

eddif

2 Kings 5:1 kjv
1. Now Naaman, captain of the host of the king of Syria, was a great man with his master, and honourable, because by him the LORD had given deliverance unto Syria: he was also a mighty man in valour, but he was a leper.

2 Kings 5:26 kjv
26. And he said unto him, Went not mine heart with thee, when the man turned again from his chariot to meet thee? Is it a time to receive money, and to receive garments, and oliveyards, and vineyards, and sheep, and oxen, and menservants, and maidservants?

To be present with an occurrence when you are not present is a spiritual gift. To see visions and dreams is part of the OP.

I have very little but some minor spiritual experience in this area. Kind of like my limited nam experiences.

The OP is almost: where did Pentecost go? Who said what I just heard?

Elisha had a full blown experience.

My wife’s brother in law was a phone counselor. A Mississippi nobody that helped alcoholics all over the USA. At his funeral they came from everywhere. I did not attend, but my wife says that is the largest funeral she has ever attended (she is a funeral attending nut).

If what you do works for you, that is fine. I am saying the spiritual gifts can get beyond space, time and reality limits.

eddif
I'm not quite charismatic.

I have issues with that movement .

If the office of prophet is now ,why not apostles?

Where is the verses says it's the 4 fold ministry

That is your point of view which I do not subscribe to and which I am allowed to disagree with unless we have a pharisaical mentality at work. As for bylaws first established by the apostles, having written a dissertation for a Ph.D. on New Testament Church life, I feel very confident I known what I am talking about.

P.S. In all my years as a Christian (69) not once have I been given a copy of any bylaws of any church I have attended to read. Just saying.
Why would reading a churches by-laws be important when evaluating the teaching or worship or what have you? Did the Bereans ask Paul for some by-laws before evaluating?

I'm not quite charismatic.

I have issues with that movement .

If the office of prophet is now ,why not apostles?

Where is the verses says it's the 4 fold ministry
According to some I do not fit any group.

According to the letters to the Seven churches, a lot of churches have some issue areas.

I think the higher gifts (offices) are the ones in 1 Corinthians 12. Some see four some 5.

Everyone differs. A hand is not an ear. Takes all kinds to form a body,

eddif

According to some I do not fit any group.

According to the letters to the Seven churches, a lot of churches have some issue areas.

I think the higher gifts (offices) are the ones in 1 Corinthians 12. Some see four some 5.

Everyone differs. A hand is not an ear. Takes all kinds to form a body,

eddif
I’ve met posters like you on line before.

Any chance you are interested in Epigenetics?

To me there is a pretty strong correlation between the OP the Title and Epigenetics.

Any one else?

Mississippi redneck
eddif
What does epigenetics have to do with how "doing church" has changed?

Edited to add: Are you referring to how Christian belief doesn't change, what we are called to believe and do doesn't change (the DNA), but how we express those beliefs and ultimately live them out does change (gene expression)?

If so, I wouldn't necessarily call that a correlation, but it is a pretty good analogy.

Last edited:
What does epigenetics have to do with how "doing church" has changed?

Edited to add: Are you referring to how Christian belief doesn't change, what we are called to believe and do doesn't change (the DNA), but how we express those beliefs and ultimately live them out does change (gene expression)?
Bible Isaiah guide for faith and practice
If so, I wouldn't necessarily call that a correlation, but it is a pretty good analogy.
The Bible is a guide for Christian faith an practice. The OP.

Any change in the word of God (as in Satan speaking to Eve) is an outside force changing scripture.
DNA is the inner way God set up the man they created. DNA is usually fairly stable.

We probably each have a different set of words and phrases we use. That makes it difficult to discuss the issue.

Since God is seen in what he has created, Romans 1:20 , then what he created is supposed to be set.

The outside influences on Church function / doing church) is what changes due to outside influence.

Looking into Epigenetics is a just looking into the thing God made.

The seed is the word of God.
The ground is mens hearts.

IMHO correlation / analogy are very similar. Parables probably both.

I am not trying to make genetics spiritual. Neither are spiritual gifts salvation. Jesus is the only name under heaven whereby man may be saved.
The Father
The Son
The Holy Spirit

Jesus healing was not in and of itself salvation, but a help in men knowing that if Jesus could heal a man born blind, he cold probably convince men he could forgive sins.

Parables are a way seeing people see not, and hearing they hear not. The disciples asked what the parable use was for.

eddif

Back