Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Why was Cain's offering not good enough for God?

:chin Christ says that one can & you post no he can't!:sad And I stand by what I had stated in Phil. 4:13 + Christ's WORD in 2 Cor. 12:9:thumbsup (and you did not read the verses well either!)
Elijah I am sorry that you can't understand my post, I don't know how to make it any clearer. It is obvious from the above statement that you have no idea as to what I am talking about, but that is ok, some get it and some don't. I have posted this on other forums and some get it and some don't.

Php 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

2Co 12:19 Again, think ye that we excuse ourselves unto you? we speak before God in Christ: but we do all things, dearly beloved, for your edifying.

Cain is not saved...these passages don't apply to him. He does not have the righteousness of Christ. How on earth can these verses apply to someone who is not saved. Cain had the choice to be saved but he was too proud....he thought his righteousness should be good enough. That is exactly what his offering symbolizes.....the fruit of the ground. Every man's heart bears fruit of the ground, that is why when we are born again we get a new heart....man's heart is desperately wicked. Do you know why? because we are of our father the devil until we have a 2nd birth. This is why Jesus said in Luke:

Luk_14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Every single one of the items above are symbols.....Jesus isn't saying to hate these literal people, but to hate what they symbolize spiritually.

Luk_14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

But 'i' will give the post lee/way as not knowing 1 John 5:16-17's difference in sin?
1 John 5
[16] If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
[17] All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

And as I have explained before Cain's sin was the ..'and there is a sin unto death'. (note again Psalm's 19:13 & see if you can get anything from this verse for the reason why Cain's sin was fatal?)

--Elijah

I know exactly what sin is unto death, it is the one I bolded above, pride. It is the sin unto death because it is the only one that keep's you from coming to salvation by grace. And I agree that was Cain's sin.

You are more than welcome to critique anything I post, but before you accuse me of contradicting the word of God, or not reading something, or not understanding a passage, please understand my post first. We should try to be a help to one another and build each other up in Christ, not accusing one another.. Fair enough? :)

Elijah I am sorry that you can't understand my post, I don't know how to make it any clearer. It is obvious from the above statement that you have no idea as to what I am talking about, but that is ok, some get it and some don't. I have posted this on other forums and some get it and some don't.

Php 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

2Co 12:19 Again, think ye that we excuse ourselves unto you? we speak before God in Christ: but we do all things, dearly beloved, for your edifying.

Cain is not saved...these passages don't apply to him. He does not have the righteousness of Christ. How on earth can these verses apply to someone who is not saved. Cain had the choice to be saved but he was too proud....he thought his righteousness should be good enough. That is exactly what his offering symbolizes.....the fruit of the ground. Every man's heart bears fruit of the ground, that is why when we are born again we get a new heart....man's heart is desperately wicked. Do you know why? because we are of our father the devil until we have a 2nd birth. This is why Jesus said in Luke:

Every single one of the items above are symbols.....Jesus isn't saying to hate these literal people, but to hate what they symbolize spiritually.

I know exactly what sin is unto death, it is the one I bolded above, pride. It is the sin unto death because it is the only one that keep's you from coming to salvation by grace. And I agree that was Cain's sin.

You are more than welcome to critique anything I post, but before you accuse me of contradicting the word of God, or not reading something, or not understanding a passage, please understand my post first. We should try to be a help to one another and build each other up in Christ, not accusing one another.. Fair enough? :)

Again! 'i' goof also. but let me repost the verses that ARE THERE ABOVE? And I stand by what I had stated in Phil. 4:13 + Christ's WORD in 2 Cor. 12:9:thumbsup (and you did not read the verses well either!)

It was not verse 19 but verse 9 of 2 Cor. 12. Here below are both. And they are for MANKIND. Both Abel + Cain were fully grown mature 'farming' men at this time. Both were offering the Lamb in OBEDIENT Faith up to this time. Meaning that they knew that they were both SINNERS SAVED [[[BY OBEDIENT FAITH]]] (daily this was done!) Again.. why?? It had to be.. that they needed to understand that CHRIST ALONE WOULD SUPPLY THEIR NEED!

Ok, here is Christ's WORD, do you BELIEVE HIM or not???

Phil. 4
[13] I can do all things [[[through Christ which strengtheneth me]].

Eternal Truth! How does one DO [[ALL THINGS?? James 2:10]]

2 Cor. 12
[9] And he said unto me, [[[ My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness]]]. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

From sinful Adam on man was saved on the condition of Loving Working Faith. (John 3:3-8) And it as well was promised with Eternal life, and was given only through Christ as seen above. The promise for maturity the right way is there if Cain had of continues on in OBEDIENT Faith and did the right thing!

Gen. 4
[7] 'If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted?' (AND NO, HE DID NOT 'OBEY' & WAS TURNED OVER TO satan! His FIRST FULL/FLEDGED CONVERT.)

--Elijah

Last edited by a moderator:
From sinful Adam on man was saved on the condition of Loving Working Faith. (John 3:3-8) And it as well was promised with Eternal life, and was given only through Christ as seen above. The promise for maturity the right way is there if Cain had of continues on in OBEDIENT Faith and did the right thing!

Gen. 4
[7] 'If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted?' (AND NO, HE DID NOT 'OBEY' & WAS TURNED OVER TO satan! His FIRST FULL/FLEDGED CONVERT.)

--Elijah

OK, I get it now....you believe in works salvation right?

OK, I get it now....you believe in works salvation right?

Try to understand this right, ok? (and still on topic forum!)
After Adam's sin the Love for God started dieing. Agapie LOVE needed to be REBORN with the only merit of Love & Work as Christ had them at start created them with. (as was created in the heart in the first place) Got that?? NO?? Then let me say it again???

The WORKS OF DOING THE REQUIRED Lamb offering by working faith was done because of LOVE, not to earn salvation! Let me put it the simple way that Christ say's it!

['IF' YE LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS.'] OK, Christ CONDITIONALLY saves, and LOVING WORKING FAITH OBEYS HIS WAY!!! And even after Acts 5:32's 'surrender' is their experience, they still can obtain a sick love for Christ & be SPEWED OUT! Rev. 3:16 (this was Cain's freedom of will as well as this whole group)

--Elijah

Try to understand this right, ok? (and still on topic forum!)
After Adam's sin the Love for God started dieing. Agapie LOVE needed to be REBORN with the only merit of Love & Work as Christ had them at start created them with. (as was created in the heart in the first place) Got that?? NO?? Then let me say it again???

The WORKS OF DOING THE REQUIRED Lamb offering by working faith was done because of LOVE, not to earn salvation! Let me put it the simple way that Christ say's it!

['IF' YE LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS.'] OK, Christ CONDITIONALLY saves, and LOVING WORKING FAITH OBEYS HIS WAY!!! And even after Acts 5:32's 'surrender' is their experience, they still can obtain a sick love for Christ & be SPEWED OUT! Rev. 3:16 (this was Cain's freedom of will as well as this whole group)

--Elijah
SECTION EDITED OUT BY STAFF

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

This passage is milk, it is designed for the lost world and for new born babes in Christ. It is plain it is simple. It is easy to digest. I will be praying for you.

Back on topic. I noticed that almost all responses to this thread tend to be that if Cain should have done something more, offered something better. The point is Cain had nothing, I mean absolutely nothing to offer God. Through our own works we have NOTHING to offer to God.

Isa_64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Can you see what Isaiah is saying, we have nothing to offer to God, that is why this mortal has to put on immortality through Jesus Christ in order for God to accept our offering, which is not our offering, but Christ's offering on our behalf.

SECTION EDITED OUT BY STAFF

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

This passage is milk, it is designed for the lost world and for new born babes in Christ. It is plain it is simple. It is easy to digest. I will be praying for you.

Back on topic. I noticed that almost all responses to this thread tend to be that if Cain should have done something more, offered something better. The point is Cain had nothing, I mean absolutely nothing to offer God. Through our own works we have NOTHING to offer to God.

Isa_64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Can you see what Isaiah is saying, we have nothing to offer to God, that is why this mortal has to put on immortality through Jesus Christ in order for God to accept our offering, which is not our offering, but Christ's offering on our behalf.

Hey, NO offence!;) And thanks for that.:thumbsup
But just one word of warning to all of us here. No one knows:sad what is inside anothers heart. (and you do not read well!)

--Elijah

Back