Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Why Was Jesus Born As A Baby?

HeIsRisen2018

Dramione love 3333
I know there had to be other reasons than He wanted to prove that He was just like everybody else even though He was the Son of God. I just don't know what they are. :confused

I know there had to be other reasons than He wanted to prove that He was just like everybody else even though He was the Son of God. I just don't know what they are. :confused
I think in order to be fully man as He was fully God. He experienced all of the things any man would. Birth, childhood, adulthood, anger, anxiety, empathy, death......some say temptation...others deny this.

Ever try to tell someone that they can do something that you are unwilling to do yourself?
They give you a big fat "NO".

But also...
You listen to those that have experience in situations that you are going through. They truly understand the pain, confusion, and indecision you might face.

And so when we say that Jesus understands you on a personal level...it's because He has been through it.
He didn't live a pampered lifestyle of royalty growing up. He had brothers and sisters and parents who annoyed him. He dealt with traffic jams and the workplace politics and all kinds of idiots and wise guys trying to take advantage of him.

And He overcame them all in sinless fashion.

And more importantly He loves you anyway.

Ever try to tell someone that they can do something that you are unwilling to do yourself?

But also...
You listen to those that have experience in situations that you are going through. They truly understand the pain, confusion, and indecision you might face.

And so when we say that Jesus understands you on a personal level...it's because He has been through it.
He didn't live a pampered lifestyle of royalty growing up. He had brothers and sisters and parents who annoyed him. He dealt with traffic jams and the workplace politics and all kinds of idiots and wise guys trying to take advantage of him.

If you want me to edit or delete this I will,.. but I can just picture back in the time where there were no cars and everybody just rode mules and somebody would be like "watch where you're going jackass!!" :hysterical

If you want me to edit or delete this I will,.. but I can just picture back in the time where there were no cars and everybody just rode mules and somebody would be like "watch where you're going jackass!!" :hysterical
Actually most people walked... only children ran. And you had to strut when you walked.
Very annoying when you tried to get anywhere in a hurry. Pedestrian traffic jams are the most annoying of them all. And an animal in that mix would be infuriating.

Actually most people walked... only children ran. And you had to strut when you walked.
Very annoying when you tried to get anywhere in a hurry. Pedestrian traffic jams are the most annoying of them all. And an animal in that mix would be infuriating.

Okay but admit it,.. you were laughing your but off at that comment and don't even bother denying it. :wink

Never mind you did LOL!! I thought that's where the phrase "I'm sorry I'm late honey, but I was stuck behind some jackass came from." XD! Sorry,.. I'm done now. :yes Anyways,.. :topic I just had to let one last one out. :tongue

But also...

Great post John!

IMO Jesus came as a baby being fully God and fully man in all humbleness and humility. He was taught the Torah, matured in it and when God's timing was perfect through Christ He began His ministry here on earth speaking all things that God gave Him to speak and do while here on earth.

To simply appear as a full blown man would have conflicted with the intention of His being fully human as well as fully God. We presume Adam and Eve were created as adults. But for Christ to be fully human and be able to represent us on the cross He needed to be conceived as a son of man, born, and grow up in wisdom and stature.

IMO Jesus came as a baby being fully God and fully man in all humbleness and humility. He was taught the Torah, matured in it and when God's timing was perfect through Christ He began His ministry here on earth speaking all things that God gave Him to speak and do while here on earth.

Makes sense, but what's the Torah again? I've heard of it but I don't remember what it is. :confusedAnyways, I'm a little embarrassed for you to find this topic as I was busy horsing around (pun intended) a little bit yesterday as you can already tell if you've already read through this thread in its entirety lol! :blush

To simply appear as a full blown man would have conflicted with the intention of His being fully human as well as fully God. We presume Adam and Eve were created as adults. But for Christ to be fully human and be able to represent us on the cross He needed to be conceived as a son of man, born, and grow up in wisdom and stature.

Adam and Eve were created as adults which is why they probably didn't have belly buttons. Cain and Able were the first children. Genesis 3:16.

The Torah is the first five books of the Bible that was taught in the Temple.

Yes, I see all the fun you've been having. You are such a nut, LOL.

Makes sense, but what's the Torah again? I've heard of it but I don't remember what it is. :confusedAnyways, I'm a little embarrassed for you to find this topic as I was busy horsing around (pun intended) a little bit yesterday as you can already tell if you've already read through this thread in its entirety lol! :blush

Adam and Eve were created as adults which is why they probably didn't have belly buttons. Cain and Able were the first children. Genesis 3:16.
I always pictured them created as adults. But I don’t know the scriptures tell us that specifically. We don’t know the time lapse between their creation and the fall. I don’t think so. It would make sense their being created as infants would mean God or an angel having to care for them which you would think would make it to the account.
But they may have been the equivalent of adolescents or something like teens. Probably dumb speculation!

I remember hearing someone make an interesting point.

Jesus was born as far as we know in a barn yet He is a King. That shows a lot of humility in a way with who Jesus was and the upbringing He had.

We see many examples of how to live by the way Jesus lived.

Not to mention God had put anti-women cultures to shame. In Roman society, they believed that the man essentially carried the baby and planted it in the women - that women were just the "soil" for the baby to grow, but nothing more. The Greeks believed that Zeus put women on the earth to punish man. (As some of the many examples at this time). Jesus proved the Roman theory of conception/reproduction wrong by being of a virgin birth, didn't He? He showed that women were not of lesser value, but of an equal value. Was it not women that first that reported on His resurrection? Was it not a woman that poured oil/perfume over Jesus to prepare Him for death? Women and men both had important roles.

I believe a big point in seeing the life of Jesus was it went against worldly ideas and "the norm" to show us something more (God's Kingdom, Salvation, Grace, Mercy, etc.)

I always pictured them created as adults. But I don’t know the scriptures tell us that specifically. We don’t know the time lapse between their creation and the fall. I don’t think so. It would make sense their being created as infants would mean God or an angel having to care for them which you would think would make it to the account.
But they may have been the equivalent of adolescents or something like teens. Probably dumb speculation!

Umm,..I do believe that the scripture that I just quoted points out that children didn't exist before them and Cain and Able were in fact the world's first children.

I remember hearing someone make an interesting point.

Jesus was born as far as we know in a barn yet He is a King. That shows a lot of humility in a way with who Jesus was and the upbringing He had.

We see many examples of how to live by the way Jesus lived.

Not to mention God had put anti-women cultures to shame. In Roman society, they believed that the man essentially carried the baby and planted it in the women - that women were just the "soil" for the baby to grow, but nothing more. The Greeks believed that Zeus put women on the earth to punish man. (As some of the many examples at this time). Jesus proved the Roman theory of conception/reproduction wrong by being of a virgin birth, didn't He? He showed that women were not of lesser value, but of an equal value. Was it not women that first that reported on His resurrection? Was it not a woman that poured oil/perfume over Jesus to prepare Him for death? Women and men both had important roles.

I believe a big point in seeing the life of Jesus was it went against worldly ideas and "the norm" to show us something more (God's Kingdom, Salvation, Grace, Mercy, etc.)

I think some people also believe that Jesus might have been born in a cave.

Back