Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Why would a pastor tell a prophecy that is false?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Boidae21

My wife's pastor from the church that we used to go to and which she still wants to attend ( I will not go back there for anything) told us that we would have two children in two years. A boy and a girl. It's been a year and half since that day and my wife still isn't pregnant.

He knew that we wanted children, why would he prey on us like that?

I am sorry for the hearing of this.

The best answers can be found in the Word of God. I am sure that God knows your situation very well, and I believe that if you pray earnestly towards Him in Jesus' name He will hear you and gude you to your answer.

1 He thinks/believes he is tune with a "WORD from the Lord."

2 He wants to be big shot.

3 He wants to tell ya what he thinks you want to hear.

4 He has forgotten he is a servant of the Lord not the Lord is his servant.

A prophet of God is never wrong.. I remember the 'big shots' from the 70s and their 'words from the Lord'. Most were as general as the daily horoscope! The more 'words from the Lord ' the larger the love offering....

You are wise not to go back and I'd lovingly exhort your wife not to desire to go back as well. The pastor is a false prophet, one who prophesies falsely and claims it as from God. I'd stay well away from that place.

As for the pain regarding children, just keep in prayer about it...God will work His will in His timing.

I know that sounds really trite, sappy and easy to say, but I say this from having experienced a closed womb myself. I know it isn't easy to deal with, heartbreaking as a matter of fact. But, do trust in God and that He will work this out for you and your wife.

My wife's pastor from the church that we used to go to and which she still wants to attend ( I will not go back there for anything) told us that we would have two children in two years. A boy and a girl. It's been a year and half since that day and my wife still isn't pregnant.

My goodness there is so much of that going on in the Christian churches. They are as the Bible describes False prophets. Christians need to read their Bibles instead of blindly being led by their pastors or church leaders.

A pastor who claims a prophetic message and that message does not come true is not in-tune with the Holy Spirit. My wife and I were prophesied over that we would have children. We lost two during pregnancy and remain childless after 31 years of marriage.

Prey? Strong word. Even so, have you asked the pastor directly?

Be blessed, Stay blessed, and be Bold!

Prey? Strong word. Even so, have you asked the pastor directly?

Maybe, maybe not. I have not talked to that pastor for many months as I will not go back to that church for anything.

Although I know his answer would be that our faith just wasn't strong enough. That is his answer for anything that he prophecies and it doesn't come true.

Maybe, maybe not. I have not talked to that pastor for many months as I will not go back to that church for anything.

Although I know his answer would be that our faith just wasn't strong enough. That is his answer for anything that he prophecies and it doesn't come true.

Fair enough. I would just caution (not saying it is) to be on the look out to not harden your heart against anyone; Christian (pastors included) or not.

You should have known he was out for public attention.
be warned when someone says i am christ that person is not to believed at all. in the bible it states to beware of faulse phophits,,,,,,
thier coming out of the woodworks,

You should have known he was out for public attention.
be warned when someone says i am christ that person is not to believed at all. in the bible it states to beware of faulse phophits,,,,,,
thier coming out of the woodworks,

Huh? Maybe I'm missing something but I re-read the thread and NOWHERE did the OP state that the pastor said, "I am Christ!"

Not taking away from Boidae21, but seriously, he relayed the issue from HIS point of view. All we heard was one side (and briefly at that!)

It amazes me how frequently we give (concrete?) advice or pass judgment on someone without knowing the full story or asking questions and digging deeper.

Case in point (and again, not taking away from the OP) in this thread, when we read the conflict, did we think to even ask the OP if he talked to the other person involved one on one (as outlined in the bible) and go from there? Or do we assume everything that is stated is all that there is to the story and start shooting?

Keep in mind, a good listener not only hears what is said, but also what is NOT said and asks questions if need be.

Personally, I'd just avoid that pastor and his church and find a church with a pastor who sticks to teaching and expounding upon the Word and doesn't dabble in "prophecies" and "words from the LORD." I imagine some of them are in tune with God, but the potential for abuse is so great...

Huh? Maybe I'm missing something but I re-read the thread and NOWHERE did the OP state that the pastor said, "I am Christ!"

Not taking away from Boidae21, but seriously, he relayed the issue from HIS point of view. All we heard was one side (and briefly at that!)

It amazes me how frequently we give (concrete?) advice or pass judgment on someone without knowing the full story or asking questions and digging deeper.

Case in point (and again, not taking away from the OP) in this thread, when we read the conflict, did we think to even ask the OP if he talked to the other person involved one on one (as outlined in the bible) and go from there? Or do we assume everything that is stated is all that there is to the story and start shooting?

Keep in mind, a good listener not only hears what is said, but also what is NOT said and asks questions if need be.

I have talked to him one-on-one before about things and he always tells me that it's because my faith isn't strong enough. He is a controlling person and very manipulative as well. He has other pastors come in from out of county to tell the congregation that we are not to ever question the man as it would go against God.

There would be no one else to talk to. It was a small congregation of about 35 people as he has lost all but 5 members before because of things that he had said during a sermon. Everyone there thinks that the man can do no wrong. The other pastor is his father.

There was truly no one else to talk to because they would have seen that I was in the wrong and would tell me the same thing that he would and that would be that my faith wasn't strong enough.

This is the same man that threatened that if I took my wife out of his church that she wouldn't be the woman that I fell in love with and that God would take her from me.

As I said, I wouldn't go back to talk to him as I have prayed about this and was given total peace about not going back and talking with him.

I have talked to him one-on-one before about things and he always tells me that it's because my faith isn't strong enough. He is a controlling person and very manipulative as well. He has other pastors come in from out of county to tell the congregation that we are not to ever question the man as it would go against God.

There would be no one else to talk to. It was a small congregation of about 35 people as he has lost all but 5 members before because of things that he had said during a sermon. Everyone there thinks that the man can do no wrong. The other pastor is his father.

There was truly no one else to talk to because they would have seen that I was in the wrong and would tell me the same thing that he would and that would be that my faith wasn't strong enough.

This is the same man that threatened that if I took my wife out of his church that she wouldn't be the woman that I fell in love with and that God would take her from me.

As I said, I wouldn't go back to talk to him as I have prayed about this and was given total peace about not going back and talking with him.

Again, fair enough (as stated before). The post was not directed to you but rather another member who seemed to be making statements unrelated to (and without facts) in what was said in the OP.

The answer is simple. Some people are full of themselves and use such "prophecy" and most likely other sensationalism to detract people from hearing God's word and cover up their own ignorance of God's word. It draws attention to themselves instead.

If you give a bum or a drunk a soapbox they will also preach and sound convincing. But they lack substance. Quote to that preacher 2 Peter 2:17-19 and if he takes offense, tell him I said to say that (and show my avatar of the Lion of the tribe of Judah) :lol

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back