Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Wicca - an experience report

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
F

Furz

My neighbor is a Wicca. This means that she does not believe in our savior Jesus Christ or in God but to many goddesses and gods. She had invited me to go to an event of her group "Artemis daughters" the day before yesterday. Curiously what I am like now once, I consented.
Only women and girls sat in the room and a little altar on which strange objects were was located in the middle. A woman who imagined as an high priestess what similarity to a master of ceremonies had a little then got up. She explained to us why we are here. She then told something about the foundation of the group which mentioned her "a coven".
After she had sat down, my neighbor got up and talked about a goddess and what she meant to her.
Then suddenly some of the girls sang a Chant and I felt, which was no more in the room. I was at another place. Everything was so peaceful. A woman dressed into a toga then stood in front of me. She was lovely. She told me that I would be chosen and the if would have come the time, my church would be left and trained by a woman as a witch.
She suddenly disappeared and I was in the same room again.
I my neighbor whom this had noticed was whey-faced in the face, wondered whether I would have physical problems. I said no and told her about this vision, the dream, or what this always was.
She took me to the high priestess who insistently looked at me. She looked at me examining and frightening me for a long time. She then smiled. Then she told to me that I would have a dream soon by three of my female ancestors wanting to appear. They would explain everything to me.
What do you think about this?

What do you think about this?
I think you had no business going to their meeting. I do not think it was the Christian thing to do.

Have you read what the Scripture say about such things? if so you went anyway? if not look them up and decide what is right.

How about 2 Corinthians 11:13-15?

2 Cor 11:13-15 KJV said:
For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
The experience you had reminded me of some of the stories in Frank Peretti's books, where people encounter these beautiful beings--which are actually deceitful, hideous demons. Stay away.

I think you had no business going to their meeting. I do not think it was the Christian thing to do.
Have you read what the Scripture say about such things? if so you went anyway? if not look them up and decide what is right.

Of course I know some scriptures to this topic. But I prefer to form an opinion of my own by myself.

How about 2 Corinthians 11:13-15?

The experience you had reminded me of some of the stories in Frank Peretti's books, where people encounter these beautiful beings--which are actually deceitful, hideous demons. Stay away.

I think that something true must have its turn. How far credible, this still will, however, turn out. I expect the next nights and dreams with tension. Seeing whether my ancestors seem real disapear.

Of course I know some scriptures to this topic. But I prefer to form an opinion of my own by myself.
What does Scripture say on this topic? Why would you prefer your own opinion over what Scripture has to say?

My buddy had a sister who was a Wicca and she had a Wicca/Witch's store that sold all kinds of supplies to do spells and stuff. They use to have some kind of big parties they called "witches brews". They were full of drugs, drinking, and lots of the girls that went were pole dancers.

I'm not going to kid you into thinking that those parties didn't have some appeal to me in my youth. But as a 50 year old Christian, I'd just as soon steer clear of Wicca Women and any of their "get togethers"

What does Scripture say on this topic? Why would you prefer your own opinion over what Scripture has to say?

Scriptures condemned all kind of witchcraft. And people who did this; according to the Bible earned the death penalty.
I prefer to form an opinion myself.
I want to proove everything with my today's knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scriptures condemned all kind of witchcraft. And people who did this; according to the Bible earned the death penalty.
I prefer to form an opinion myself.
I want to proove everything with my today's knowledge.
If the Bible condemns witchcraft and any form of seeking spiritual knowledge and experience that does not have Jesus at it's center, then that is to be your opinion if you're a Christian and believe the Bible to be true. Christians are not to get involved in such things in any way whatsoever.

Is there a difference here between an observer an a participant?

By going there is an opportunity to invite the person you go with into your world and see your church. That is fair.

One thing by going is you can make informed opinions of the people rather than forming opinions based on superstition and speculation.

From the experiences in the Op staying away from that would be a good plan, it sound creepy.

Last night three of my ancestors appeared at my bed, not everyone suddenly, one after the other, like in the Christmas Carol written by Dickens.
They told me many things and I am busy checking these now. I believe namely nothing without a previous thorough check.
Whether I will be further a Christian or change my religion will depend on the result.
I feel myself further than a Christian, however have these three women told me something, which lets me doubt at the Christianity.
It is primarily about Jesus Christ, demons and the role of women in the Bible.
I will let you know what my check had brought at results.

Last night three of my ancestors appeared at my bed, not everyone suddenly, one after the other, like in the Christmas Carol written by Dickens.
They told me many things and I am busy checking these now. I believe namely nothing without a previous thorough check.
Whether I will be further a Christian or change my religion will depend on the result.
I feel myself further than a Christian, however have these three women told me something, which lets me doubt at the Christianity.
They are demons and will tell you what you want to hear or need to hear to get you to turn from Jesus. You are on an extremely dangerous path and I urge you to turn from this and seek the truth of Jesus.

They are demons and will tell you what you want to hear or need to hear to get you to turn from Jesus. You are on an extremely dangerous path and I urge you to turn from this and seek the truth of Jesus.

They quite certainly were not demons! My mother was one of the three women and I will well recognize my mother. I knew the other two women of family pictures.
None of the three ancestors wanted to dissuade me from God. They said only something very personal to me and asked me to check some points in the Christianity. I should find out for myself whether the Christianity really says the truth.
At my examination I occupy myself with Jesus Christ first. And I have found out some interesting things. Things which still do not hand in any complete picture but allow the possibility that not everything is credible in the Christianity.

They quite certainly were not demons! My mother was one of the three women and I will well recognize my mother. I knew the other two women of family pictures.
That is the whole point. Demons will appear as people you know.

None of the three ancestors wanted to dissuade me from God. They said only something very personal to me and asked me to check some points in the Christianity. I should find out for myself whether the Christianity really says the truth.
At my examination I occupy myself with Jesus Christ first. And I have found out some interesting things. Things which still do not hand in any complete picture but allow the possibility that not everything is credible in the Christianity.
And that is how they will get you to not follow Jesus anymore. It's called deception. That's what demons do.

Satan is winning this battle. Anything that makes you doubt Christianity or the love of our Lord Jesus Christ-- is not from God. Steer clear of these influences and dig into scripture.

My prayers are with you as you fight this battle, Westtexas

They said only something very personal to me and asked me to check some points in the Christianity. I should find out for myself whether the Christianity really says the truth.
Can I ask you what are these "interesting things" which make you doubt the credibility of Christianity?

Still praying for you, Westtexas

Well, Furz, I knew from your first post, where you were headed (in a general way, at least). I must say, it did not take as long as I thought it would. At least now, it is confirmed in my mind why you are here; what your intentions are.

I will pray for you, but I pray more for those you are speaking to - they need prayer more as they don't see what you are up to.
Many here don't see it yet.

But I do. :grumpy

Sometimes the power of suggestion can do powerful things to your mind. You were expecting that visit and you must be rational and consider it something dreamed and from you,you yourself would have thier appearances and life's knowledge to complete the dreams and messages.

Weigh it up and decided for yourself which religion offers a better life now and later.

In the bible Jesus says “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

There are many paths to the wrong way and one to the right way. If you want to walk the wrong way nobody can stop you.

You must also consider if you intend throwing eternal life away for either demon tricks or your own minds feebleness in the hands of manipulative people.

If your faith is strong you follow the Christian faith and you might help save them too.

Christianity is a very "others" focused faith in that it compells you to live and care for others. If you remain in our family you gain the benefit if that. If you join something more self interested that cares less for others you run the risks of the consequences.

I had to leave this forum

I would like to inform you that I must leave the forum. On the one hand because it seems here unbearable to me to remain further; and on the other hand because I see the Christianity a little more clearly now.
I cannot stay any more because a free speech is not permitted here. Because criticism of certain Bible quotations or their explanation; immediately when advertising is taken for sin. Or, because my deceased mother is described as a demon. The bottom of the reality was left here for a long time.
About the points which I found out at my Internet search about the Christianity, I would rather be silent. I would not like to hurt your feelings.
It is but no matter whether I go now myself or by forced the Admin. to go(ban), another word to everyone who wants to enter into contact with me privately. Here my personal address:

Furz it's ok. One thing you have to understand is in the couple of paragraphs you gave us it is hard to fully understand you. We do the best we can.

Look I understand about criticism. I am a Christian guy that can see auras around people.

I have been mistakenly declared demon possessed and other things by people with no idea what's going on that think they do know but have no idea because they formed judgements without meeting me and knowing me.

You will read this because you won't resist coming back to read it.

I understand what it is to battle with what is your imagination vs your dreams vs supernatural or divine intervention.

Be careful ok. There is much to consider with this and you must keep a level head.

If you want to open your mind or the minds of others running away doesn't do it.

The spiritual word exists.
If I didn't care about you I wouldn't have tried to be open and honest.

After I went to a spiritualist church a couple of days after watching a christian faith healer change peoples lives by the power of the holy spirit, i told what i saw to those people and they were amazed and had not heard of such things before.

I KNOW Jesus is the real deal I'm not just guessing I have seen it, and it is supernatural!

you can be in touch with the supernatural world via christianity too, but the nicer side of it.

Keep your mind open to all possibilities of what it could be. Be rational and realistic as well as optimistic then you might find truth.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back