Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

will i be exactly the same but improved in heaven ? will i lose my conciousness that i have now?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

thesaintman

spirit.... consiousness .. communion. wisdom
soul............ mind will emotion.

I ASSUME GOD HAS INFINITIVE INTELLIGENCE......... AND GOD DID DESIGN IT CORRECTLY ?

SO THE CONCIOUSNESS I HAVE NOW I WILL HAVE IT HEAVEN?

CAN YOU SAY ME IT =???????

I Thessalonians 5:23
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

God preserves in response to prayer. Some think you do the work.

I Corinthians 15:52
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

We shall be changed (our flesh). The spirit man is already born (big discussions from traditions).
Romans 7:25
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

We will be changed to enter heaven, but the total deliverance from the body of death occurs at the last trump.

Of course I just quote scriptures.
eddif

Job said, "I will see him for myself. Yes, I will see him with my own eyes. I am overwhelmed at the thought! Job 19:27 NLT

Job said, "I will see him for myself. Yes, I will see him with my own eyes. I am overwhelmed at the thought! Job 19:27 NLT
Hebrews 5:14
But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

eddif

Ephesians 1:18
The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

eddif

For me, it is as if we were created clothed in perfect love and through our inherent sin and, because we ate from the tree of good and evil, we became aware of iniquities and what we perceived to be good and bad - in essence, forgetting our true nature (who we were created as by God). Our consciousness was lost, therefore, and , for lack of a better phrase, "covered up" in the deceptive thought that we are our Egoic selves. We think we are the waves on top of the ocean and have forgotten that WE ARE the ocean. (Satan delights) Our deeper Selves (the I Am) or Presence of Spirit is within us and has never been absent. We just forget who we are through Satan's fragmentation of life through endless streams of thought. Nothing is lost. We must slough off the lie and be silent and seek the deeper Self, where the Spirit dwells. Our consciousness remains. only the lie of superficial self goes away. This has been my experience.

For me, it is as if we were created clothed in perfect love and through our inherent sin and, because we ate from the tree of good and evil, we became aware of iniquities and what we perceived to be good and bad - in essence, forgetting our true nature (who we were created as by God). Our consciousness was lost, therefore, and , for lack of a better phrase, "covered up" in the deceptive thought that we are our Egoic selves. We think we are the waves on top of the ocean and have forgotten that WE ARE the ocean. (Satan delights) Our deeper Selves (the I Am) or Presence of Spirit is within us and has never been absent. We just forget who we are through Satan's fragmentation of life through endless streams of thought. Nothing is lost. We must slough off the lie and be silent and seek the deeper Self, where the Spirit dwells. Our consciousness remains. only the lie of superficial self goes away. This has been my experience.
Welcome.

Could you explain the physical and greater spiritual aspects of our tree of good and evil?

Do you see Paul's dual (?) nature of man / new creation?
Romans 7:25
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

So reay my first question is what of man is the tree of good and evil?

eddif

SilenceIsConversation aka AnxiousNewMember does definitely see the duality of Paul. No doubt, you can see it in many, if not most, of his commentary. (I listen to audiobible in the moment of presence and it makes me hear his voice and then let form take shape from the knowledge the words represent) So, I feel Paul's perspective shift from worldly to the heavenlies in his writings/voice. It is palpatable and therefore undeniable to me. Jesus is Lord.

As for the question regarding the tree of life, I don't quite understand your question.

SilenceIsConversation aka AnxiousNewMember does definitely see the duality of Paul. No doubt, you can see it in many, if not most, of his commentary. (I listen to audiobible in the moment of presence and it makes me hear his voice and then let form take shape from the knowledge the words represent) So, I feel Paul's perspective shift from worldly to the heavenlies in his writings/voice. It is palpatable and therefore undeniable to me. Jesus is Lord.

As for the question regarding the tree of life, I don't quite understand your question.
While I love to talk about the A&P tree of life, the question was about the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

IMHO the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is our senses (untrained in knowing good from evil). Eve was tempted to use her eyes to see beauty and the sense of taste the fruit for a pleasant taste. It would be Pentecost before the gifts of Holy Spirit would be given for spiritual discernment. Our natural senses are trained to discern spiritual things. That is about all I know about some of that. The rivers of blood divide in the heart, but oops that is another subject.

In one sense I apologise for being a person to bring Anatomy & Physiology into the discussion on your first entrance here. I use it to see us to see Adam as a living physical soul, but not fully spiritual as individuals (sons and daughters) till Pentecost. I use Romans 1:19-20 to justify the anatomy comparison.

To me (and I can always miss it). Our nervous system looks like trees (CNS, Sympathetic, Para-sympathetic, natural heart pacemaker (looks more like a crucified man), etc.

eddif

Thanks for your deep insight. I agree with what you state. I, too, think the tree of Knowledge has something to do with our senses, thoughts(therein judgments), and our physical form and perception of it.

Have not considered nervous system comparison. Interesting. Can you elaborate on it some more? Thanks.

It has not even entered into their minds what God has planned for they who love Him. (sparrow paraphrase)

6Yet among the mature we do impart wisdom, although it is not a wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are doomed to pass away. 7But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glory.8None of the rulers of this age understood this, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9But, as it is written,

“What no eye has seen, nor ear heard,
nor the heart of man imagined,
what God has prepared for those who love him”—
and verse 10: these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. 1 Corinthians 2:6-10 (ESV)

See also Isaiah 64:4 (because that's the closest I've found to what was quoted above in the letter to the guys and gals in Corinth) and then also check out Isaiah 65:17 (because it sounds similar and is talking about the same thing, methinks) and also take a look at James 1:2 b/c that's part of how we get there, or rather, how HE gets us there.

♫ Eye hath not heard
Nor ear hath not seen
What God has prepared... ♫

Can you sing me it?​

Last edited:
Ultimately it is Gods good grace and abounding mercy that regenerates and saves us Sinners! The practical aspects of life and death are what dog me most. The heavenly realm seems more natural and real than the earthly one. It seems to me that accepting life, in the only moment you can experience (Today, Now, Present) is a key to the understanding of the passages you referenced earlier. The scales fall away and the ears are opened up only in the immediate moment... acceptance of what is - not resistance to it. People seem to be in a natural conditioned state of rejecting the Now moment in favor of a thought of a "future" moment or a "past" moment, which can only be experienced in the present moment... EVER. the spaciousness that is talked about (in terms of spacious place or a spacious land) throughout the bible seems, to me, to point to that moment of where life is experienced (only ever in the moment at hand). The present moment seems key to me in order to find the Spirit of the Lord. Use spacious as a key word search and it is amazing the reference made to a different state of perspective where peace is found,

1 Jn 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Matthew 13:35
That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

1. The wisdom of seeds lost on the road and devoured

2. The wisdom of seeds sown in rocky soil (that spring up and wither before producing other seeds).

3. The wisdom of the bountiful harvest of seeds planted and watered in good soil while being kept dressed.

These facts have all contained wisdom; till explained by Jesus / Holy Spirit wisdom is hidden The physical actually is present (and contains wisdom), but the carnal mind of man misses the wisdom. Being filled with the Holy Spirit is the only chance we have in understanding creation wisdom. We have to try the spirit to see which spirit is supplying the knowledge / wisdom.

When I speak of the hidden man of the heart, a decision haas to be made. Is it just imaginations of carnality or revelation of God. If the revelation does not exalt Christ Jesus, and match scripture then error is at hand.

Soul vs spirit and seeing soul and spirit. It gets kind of hard to recognize and seperate, but that is about the change from hidden to revealed .

I can continue or drop out.

eddif

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back