Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Will People Be Saved During The Tribulation Period?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hi Glory Girl. One of the most wonderful elements of a true Christian love for each other is, you and I can disagree and still love each other. If there is anything of worth that I've learned over the many years of studying "end times" it's that new Revelation comes to my mind/heart as I re-study the Book of Revelation. Old theology is replaced with new understanding as the Spirit of God instructs.

I know from previous posts of yours that you don't believe in a pre-trib rapture of the Bride of Christ. This is why I do believe in it. There has always been a "remnant" of special Believers who are careful, faithful followers of YHWH. Abraham was perhaps the first. Thru out Israel's history they march forward as God's instruments of His will. Noah, Jeremiah and other Prophets of the Old Covenant.

In the New Covenant we have the Disciples who became the Apostles, and so on. These are God's Elect Remnant thru out the history of the church age. These people are very special to the Lord Jesus. They are treated different from the rest of Believers. Their reward for their faithfulness is to escape the entire Tribulation period. I have, in past threads, explained and shown Scripture to back up my claims of the Rapture.

I believe that the Scriptures that you posted are "The Day of the Lord" which comes after the preliminary suffering of the Saints who were left behind in the Rapture. Up to Revelation 6, we have these accounts. After Rev. 6, we have the "Day of the Lord" the second half of the Tribulation and your Scriptures are right on!

As they say, we can agree to disagree. I certainly appreciate your studies. Many Christians don't spend the time in thought and research that you do. Bravo, that's why I love you Sister, keep it up.

First I like to say how dapper you look in your shirt and tie:thumbsup

You are so right my friend that even though we might not always agree we still remain good friends and opened to discuss anything for this is how we grow stronger in the knowledge of the word of God as we seek out the deeper things we have never seen before.

Many talk about the day of the Lord, but not sure if they have looked up all scriptures depicting what it means so I did a search in scripture and found all the scriptures that mention this so I will just put it out there and see where it lays.

The day of the Lord is a day of Gods great wrath being poured out on those who refuse to repent. It is always pointed out as the day at hand meaning in Gods timing.

The phrase “the day of the Lord” is used nineteen times in the Old Testament (Isaiah 2:12; 13:6, 9; Ezekiel 13:5, 30:3; Joel 1:15, 2:1,11,31; 3:14; Amos 5:18,20; Obadiah 15; Zephaniah 1:7,14; Zechariah 14:1; Malachi. 4:5) and five times in the New Testament (Acts 2:20; 1 Thessalonians 5:2; 2 Thessalonians 2:2; 2 Peter 3:10). It is also alluded to in other passages (Revelation 6:17; 16:14).

God bless you my friend :hug

1. There will be a silent, non verbal gathering of the Elect Bride of Jesus Christ before the Tribulation period begins. I use the word "gathered" because the word "rapture" is not a biblical word. 1 Thessalonians 2:1 uses gathered. Because of the earnest devotion to service to Jesus, He rewards His Bride with a gathering to Himself to escape the Tribulation....

I believe you meant 2 Thessalonians 2:1, so I will respond from there.

Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way.8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8

It's interesting to note that the coming of the Lord, whereby He gathers His people, is the same coming that is associated with the destruction of the lawless one, man of sin [antichrist], who proclaims himself to be God.

JLB

You continue to view the Rapture and the Second Coming as one event, even though the Bible clearly refutes that. At the Rapture Christ DOES NOT descend to earth. The Bible tells us that the saints meet the Lord "in the air", and it is implied that they continue on to proceed to Heaven ("so shall we ever be with the Lord"). Why? Because there are two events which must occur in Heaven BEFORE Christ descends to earth with His saints and angels bringing wrath and judgement upon His enemies. In the interim the Day of the Lord brings God's vengeance and wrath upon the whole world.

Those two events are (1) the judgement of believers at the Judgement Seat of Christ and (2) the Marriage of the Lamb. It is only after the Marriage of the Lamb that Christ descends to earth as revealed in Revelation 19, which also describes the battle of Armageddon, and the utter destruction of all Christ's enemies gathered around Jerusalem.

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

This verse does say we will ever be with the Lord, but it never says anything about being with Him in the third heaven. It just says we are gathered with the risen dead in Christ and caught up to the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Air here means the first heaven that is the atmosphere that surrounds the earth, Genesis 2:19; 7:3,23; Psalms 8:8, Lamentations 4:19.

Rev 6:9-11 we see the saints of God under the altar waiting for their blood to be avenged, but are given white robes and told that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

This fulfillment does not come until after the beast forces those to denounce Christ and take its mark bowing down to the false prophet that scripture calls the son of perdition, 2Thess 2:3 and those saints of God that refuse to take this mark will face persecution even to death. (refer back to Rev 6:11). Rev 18 God calls His people to come out her for all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. God is calling His people to come out of her and repent and turn back to Him before she is destroyed.

Rev 19:7-9 Now comes the marriage supper of the Lamb as we are at that time caught up to the clouds to meet Jesus in the air (first heaven) and are clothed in fine linen, clean and white. Then shall we ever be with the Lord as we are that army clothed in fine linen, clean and white that comes down with Him from the first heaven (air) as He now destroys mystery Babylon who has always persecuted the saints of God killing the prophets, the Apostles and the saints and even nailing Jesus to the cross. The words Jesus speaks are likened to a sharp sword as He smites all the nations that have drank from her cup as He cast the beast and false prophet into the lake of fire.

You continue to view the Rapture and the Second Coming as one event, even though the Bible clearly refutes that.

I noticed you posted no scripture for this statement.

Here is the plain and irrefutable scripture that shows the rapture and resurrection is one event that occurs at His coming.

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words. But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. 2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-5:2

Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.

The resurrection takes place at His coming, a moment before the rapture.
The rapture takes place at His coming a moment after the resurrection, whereby both the ones who are raptured and the ones who are resurrected are caught up together... to meet the Lord in the air.

Both groups, the resurrected ones and the raptured ones are caught up together. at His coming... to meet the Lord in the air.

This event is called the Day of the Lord.

The Day Jesus Christ comes to gather His people together, to meet Him in the air.

JLB

I read that series and there was nothing secretive about their depiction of the Rapture and neither did they pretend to be scripture... I am left to ask, "What has this to do with the subject as portrayed in God's Word. I do see that this can cause a great deal of forbidden confusion among young and/or new Christians. (Matt. 18:6)

They do portray it in the movie as those who are raptured up seem to mysteriously vanish into thin air as others see them one minute and they disappear in the next with their clothes all neatly folded on the ground. To me when a trumpet of this magnitude would sound I would think everyone on earth would hear it so this would not be a quiet rapture. How am I offending a new Christian by offering scripture so they can read them and study for themselves as they ask the Holy Spirit teach them?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back