Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Will the earth abide forever?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Ecclesiastes 1:3 states “A generation goes and a generation comes but the earth remains forever.”

Yet from Revelation 21:1 “Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.”

Sounds like the two verses contradict each other but it does not have to be so. From 2 Peter 3:10, 12 “But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved and the earth and the works that are done in it will be exposed…because of which the heavens will be set on fire and dissolved and the heavenly bodies will melt as they burn!”

My understanding is the following:

• First resurrection (start of the millennium): First fruits are resurrected as spirit beings.
  • Second resurrection (after the end of millennium from Revelation 20:15): The rest who believe the gospel of Christ are turned into spirit beings too.
After the second resurrection all of the earth shall be populated by spirit beings. Then the earth shall be cleansed by fire but it shall remain forever.

I wrote this is in bit of rush so skipped some scripture references to support my position. Would greatly appreciate your feedback.

No one likes to hear from the peanut gallery....but here I go again

The earth will remain, as a Garden of Creation. The size will change, and the balance of nature will be restored....hence "new" earth; because it will be different.

As for "spirit beings"; I believe we have been walking this earth as "spirit beings" held within a mortal shell for several thousand years now.

Revelation 20:15, the "souls" that have been confined within the belly of the beast (Satan) shall be released; and given one last opportunity to join the rest of us. At some point after that, we shall face Final Judgement; where Christ shall stand before this Division of the Heavenly Host and present all as being cleansed, purified and ready to return to duty in the service of Our Father. This must, and will be a group effort; if even a single one of us fails, then we will all be lost.

Ecclesiastes 1:3 states “A generation goes and a generation comes but the earth remains forever.”

Yet from Revelation 21:1 “Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.”

Sounds like the two verses contradict each other but it does not have to be so. From 2 Peter 3:10, 12 “But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved and the earth and the works that are done in it will be exposed…because of which the heavens will be set on fire and dissolved and the heavenly bodies will melt as they burn!”

My understanding is the following:

• First resurrection (start of the millennium): First fruits are resurrected as spirit beings.
  • Second resurrection (after the end of millennium from Revelation 20:15): The rest who believe the gospel of Christ are turned into spirit beings too.
After the second resurrection all of the earth shall be populated by spirit beings. Then the earth shall be cleansed by fire but it shall remain forever.

I wrote this is in bit of rush so skipped some scripture references to support my position. Would greatly appreciate your feedback.
When death, the final enemy, is destroyed, there will be no one left to die, and anyone dead will have been given eternal life.
That means all who have died in faith will have been raised from the dead with a spiritual physical body to die no more, and anyone living will have their bodies changed to the same.
That will be the end of death.
These one with spiritual physical bodies are like the angels of God and are in no need of the earth to dwell in.
So, what God decides to do with the earth at that point is up to Him. Maybe He’ll surround it by water like it was at the start.

Makes me sad to hear you say that. From Luke 14:10 we are urged by Christ when bidden to go and sit at the lowest place. Only Christ knows the ultimate place we shall have in the kingdom of God.
Thank you for the kind thought.....I only say that because I know that no one wants to hear anything I have to say on any of this.....my Christian belief's go a bit beyond the "mainstream"; a whole lot of stuff "those people" do not want to hear.

I do not say such things to upset anyone; and I do not mean to offend. But the truth is something more than "what was written". Most wonder, why would God allow "men" to twist His Word in that Bible; you might as well ask why God allowed any of WWII to happen as well. My great-grandmother was extremely angry about that whole WWII nonsense; but none were allowed to interfere with the affairs of men.

Now is something different; and I have been Blessed with the Authority to speak truth. The glaciers and ice caps melt, there is war and rumors of war, water is polluted and food is being destroyed by this crazy weather all over. The Angels will awaken who are needed; just not yet.

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2 Peter 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2 Peter 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2 Peter 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

God’s promise was not the literal land of Canaan, but that of a new Spiritual heaven and earth as all things will be made new again. This is what we hope for, Romans 8:19-23. In my minds eye I see it all as being like the garden of Eden where we will dwell in peace and harmony with each other as God and His Son Christ Jesus are the temple of the New Jerusalem and the light as there will be no more darkness, tears, sorrow or pain.

The “holy city”, New Jerusalem, does not make up nations or continents on the new earth, but is the community of God’s people who are caught up to Christ when He returns. It’s not a new earth with a city in the midst of it, but that of the new earth being the holy city called New Jerusalem.

The height, the breathed and the length of the holy city written in the scripture being a literal 1,377 miles is symbolic in its measuring as all from the beginning of time until Christ returns that are God’s children could never fit within this literal perimeter. The literal description of this city can not describe the physical features, but only the quality and character of it.

The true church being the Bride of Christ is New Israel/New Jerusalem neither Jew nor Greek making up the holy city of God that is ushered down from heaven after this present world and heaven will be made new again. Our Spiritual rebirth is from up above and as we are caught up to Christ as we are gathered in the clouds to meet Him in the air when He returns, 1 Thessalonians 4:17, we will ever be with Him until will are ushered down to live in the new earth/New Jerusalem. Notice in Rev 21:2 John describes the holy city new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

There is no plan of God for the nation of Israel that is separate from the Church as we read in scripture there is no Jew nor Greek there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise, Galatians 3:24-29, Revelation 21:3, 4.

The physical literal description of the holy city like the wall’s foundation being precious stones and the streets being pure gold is symbolic of the purity of the true Church of God that reflects the glory of the Lord who brought us through the refiners fire and made pure in order to enter that which has been made holy unto us.

What exactly is the "true church"; and where in the Bible does it clearly state that any church on this earth is the Bride of Christ?
God's true church is not a four walled building or any certain denomination/non-denomination, but that of being the body of Christ with He being the head of the body is found in Colossians 1:18-20; James 1:27.

Bride of Christ is found in Revelation Chapters 18-22. The Bride of Christ are those who are His own through the Spiritual rebirth who have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit who have faith which is Christ Jesus.

God's true church is not a four walled building or any certain denomination/non-denomination, but that of being the body of Christ with He being the head of the body is found in Colossians 1:18-20; James 1:27.

Bride of Christ is found in Revelation Chapters 18-22. The Bride of Christ are those who are His own through the Spiritual rebirth who have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit who have faith which is Christ Jesus.
Thank you, and I do agree no four walled building or any "denomination" would stand as God's Church.

I did just reread Revelations 18-22; and the only reference I found to the "bride" was in 21:2

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. NKJV

In all that I read, it does not match what I actually remember on that subject. What I recall is the "bride" is one individual, an Angel that is lowered down from Heaven; a woman who has always been married to Christ. How can any Child of God flourish without the love and guidance of their mother? A "wedding", were vows are renewed; where most will not be invited. Is it possible Christ would just stand on this earth for 1,000 years and remain celibate?

Thank you, and I do agree no four walled building or any "denomination" would stand as God's Church.

I did just reread Revelations 18-22; and the only reference I found to the "bride" was in 21:2

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. NKJV

In all that I read, it does not match what I actually remember on that subject. What I recall is the "bride" is one individual, an Angel that is lowered down from Heaven; a woman who has always been married to Christ. How can any Child of God flourish without the love and guidance of their mother? A "wedding", were vows are renewed; where most will not be invited. Is it possible Christ would just stand on this earth for 1,000 years and remain celibate?
The Bride of Christ are all those who have gone through the Spiritual rebirth and indwelled with the Holy Spirit, John 3:5-7. When Christ returns He will send His angels out to the four corners of the earth to gather those who have died and those alive at His coming that are His own as at that time we will be with Christ for all eternity, Matthew 24:29-31. Read and ask the Holy Spirit to teach you the parable of the ten virgins in Matthew 25:1-13.

The Bride of Christ are all those who have gone through the Spiritual rebirth and indwelled with the Holy Spirit, John 3:5-7. When Christ returns He will send His angels out to the four corners of the earth to gather those who have died and those alive at His coming that are His own as at that time we will be with Christ for all eternity, Matthew 24:29-31. Read and ask the Holy Spirit to teach you the parable of the ten virgins in Matthew 25:1-13.
I did read Matthew 25:1-13 just now; and you're right I do not understand. My initial thought was that half the Kingdom of Heaven will be turned away. But I didn't read anything about "human beings" or the "holy spirit" in those verse's; and I didn't read anything about those who have "died" being "brought back".

The meaning I take from those verse's are that those who are not prepared will be turned away; but absolutely no one is prepared for this; and my Father (God) is not going to turn everyone away. Those who will endure, and who will obey; shall be saved in the end.

I did read Matthew 25:1-13 just now; and you're right I do not understand. My initial thought was that half the Kingdom of Heaven will be turned away. But I didn't read anything about "human beings" or the "holy spirit" in those verse's; and I didn't read anything about those who have "died" being "brought back".

The meaning I take from those verse's are that those who are not prepared will be turned away; but absolutely no one is prepared for this; and my Father (God) is not going to turn everyone away. Those who will endure, and who will obey; shall be saved in the end.
The oil in that parable represents the anointing of the Holy Spirit that seals us unto the day of redemption, Ephesians 1:3-14. Five of the virgins (those being Christ own through the Spiritual rebirth) are those who have made themselves ready for the return of Christ. The other five were not ready and the door of God's salvation is closed forever when He returns giving no one a second chance.

The oil in that parable represents the anointing of the Holy Spirit that seals us unto the day of redemption, Ephesians 1:3-14. Five of the virgins (those being Christ own through the Spiritual rebirth) are those who have made themselves ready for the return of Christ. The other five were not ready and the door of God's salvation is closed forever when He returns giving no one a second chance.
Thank you again for your effort to clarify your stance. I don't really see how Ephesians 1:3-14 apply to Matthew 25:1-13; and I don't understand how a "God who forgives everything" would turn away half the kingdom for any reason, as long as they had not become "evil".

From what I know of the parables that Christ did use; a simple man with good old common sense could get the "message" that God intended. Mainstream Christian belief holds that God forgives all Sin; and I really don't understand how "not being prepared" for the 2nd Coming is a Sin great enough for God to "kick out" half the Kingdom of Heaven.

The present creation is subject to decay.
However
Rev 21
Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.
The importance is Gods faithfulness and His salvation is forever,
Isaiah 51:6
Lift up your eyes to the heavens,
look at the earth beneath;
the heavens will vanish like smoke,
the earth will wear out like a garment
and its inhabitants die like flies.

But my salvation will last forever,
my righteousness will never fail.

About the Son
Hebrews 1:10-12
In the beginning, Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth,
and the heavens are the work of your hands.
11They will perish, but you remain;
they will all wear out like a garment.
12You will roll them up like a robe;
like a garment they will be changed.
But you remain the same,
and your years will never end.”

Thank you again for your effort to clarify your stance. I don't really see how Ephesians 1:3-14 apply to Matthew 25:1-13; and I don't understand how a "God who forgives everything" would turn away half the kingdom for any reason, as long as they had not become "evil".

From what I know of the parables that Christ did use; a simple man with good old common sense could get the "message" that God intended. Mainstream Christian belief holds that God forgives all Sin; and I really don't understand how "not being prepared" for the 2nd Coming is a Sin great enough for God to "kick out" half the Kingdom of Heaven.
It might help you to read the book of John, especially chapter three about being Spiritually born again as none of us deserve God's grace as we have all fallen short of His glory, but yet He gave us His Son Christ Jesus that whosoever believes in Him will be forgiven when they confess they are a sinner needing God's mercy and grace.

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
Hosea 4:7 As they were increased, so they sinned against me: therefore will I change their glory into shame.

The earth will abide forever as when Christ returns for His own God will renew this present earth ridding it of all sin. Not everyone will turn back to God and when Christ returns it will be to late for those who have rejected Him.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Back