Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Will the Holy Spirit be removed from the earth,as in 2Thess2v7.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I read that [[[post]]] & do not agree with the [[[post]]]!;) (that is for the Rock 'poster' to see!)

'i' see NO human life left upon earth during the 1000 years other than satan & his angels crew.

--Elijah

This is NOT scriptural;

And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season. Rev 20:2-3

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, Rev 20:7

Satan is not 'upon the earth' during the 1000 years, he is imprisoned in the bottomless pit.

You are making the same mistake the Jews did in Jesus' generation, looking for a material kingdom. The "thousand years" is not literal- it's prophetic.

Neither is "satan being literally bound"
Rev20 is a summary of AD26-66 (Hebrew calendar)

Satan was bound in terms of the nations being able to receive the gospel as per the apostles & disciples , who had the firstfruits of the Spirit.

Christ bound the strongman on earth & gave us power over snakes & scorpions. "The nations" that were deceived still were God's enemies. Christ was sitting at the right hand of God in heaven while God said He would make all His enemies His footstool.

That was the time, times, & a half time. Satan's "short time" to wreak havoc according to God's plan on Israel & the corporate beast (workings of the dragon- satan) which was Caesar too.

This is NOT scriptural;

And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season. Rev 20:2-3

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, Rev 20:7

Satan is not 'upon the earth' during the 1000 years, he is imprisoned in the bottomless pit.

What exactly is a "bottomless" pit? Kind of strange I think. Makes one wonder. if it is bottomless, is this literal, or figurative?

"""Therefore, thus says The Lord: It is time! I shall wait no longer... That, which is Mine, is taken from you! My hand is removed! My Spirit shall be withdrawn, and My people shall soon be delivered and taken. From the world and from the churches, and from every individual, who refuses to give heed to that which I have poured out, shall My Spirit be removed!...

For My anger is aroused in My jealousy, and is come...

And that which was poured out, as a gift and a call to repentance, is removed!

Behold, another cup is brought forth!...

THE CHALICE OF MY RECKONING!...

It shall be poured out full strength!""" ~ Says The LORD
Excerpt from
HTML:
http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/index.php5?title=I_Shall_Indeed_Remove_My_Hand,_and_My_Spirit_Shall_Be_Withdrawn..._And_That,_Purposed_From_the_Beginning,_Shall_Be_Done,_It_Shall_Be_Accomplished_Swiftly

You are making the same mistake the Jews did in Jesus' generation, looking for a material kingdom. The "thousand years" is not literal- it's prophetic.

Neither is "satan being literally bound"
Rev20 is a summary of AD26-66 (Hebrew calendar)

Satan was bound in terms of the nations being able to receive the gospel as per the apostles & disciples , who had the firstfruits of the Spirit.

Christ bound the strongman on earth & gave us power over snakes & scorpions. "The nations" that were deceived still were God's enemies. Christ was sitting at the right hand of God in heaven while God said He would make all His enemies His footstool.

That was the time, times, & a half time. Satan's "short time" to wreak havoc according to God's plan on Israel & the corporate beast (workings of the dragon- satan) which was Caesar too.
Strongly disagree with the concept of a spiritual kingdom as the result of literal nails and thorns.

Christ's resurrected body is the exception. Our physical bodies WILL see decay.

When Christ ascended to heaven, John saw His appearance in Revelation, Paul encountered the risen Christ upon his conversion. John said he didn't know what "we" would be- And Paul said we would bear the resemblance of the "heavenly man."

I am perfectly content to know when I shut my eyes for the last time (& hopefully no one has to do it for me) that I will just lay down this flesh tent- & wake up with a spiritual body in heaven.
No stops to "hell" for any purging of any sins lingering. No condemnation for those in Christ Jesus, but our God is an all-consuming fire.
The kingdom of God is inside you...... yes it is spiritual. Both in heaven & on earth.

When Christ ascended to heaven, John saw His appearance in Revelation, Paul encountered the risen Christ upon his conversion. John said he didn't know what "we" would be- And Paul said we would bear the resemblance of the "heavenly man."

I am perfectly content to know when I shut my eyes for the last time (& hopefully no one has to do it for me) that I will just lay down this flesh tent- & wake up with a spiritual body in heaven.
No stops to "hell" for any purging of any sins lingering. No condemnation for those in Christ Jesus, but our God is an all-consuming fire.
The kingdom of God is inside you...... yes it is spiritual. Both in heaven & on earth.
What about these Mathew 27v51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Or this 1corinthians 15v35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?
36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:
37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:
38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.
39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.
40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

The physical body is buried as the seed, for the spiritual body to spring from, at the rapture.

in 1Cor.15, "then" those who are alive & remain will meet up with their loved ones in heaven too- bc Christ raised the dead.
The word "rapture" is not in the Bible. It's "harpazo" or "a catching up" spiritually to sit in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. That's all that would happen for the living.

What "rapture" really means is when we we die our spirits/souls are raptured to God in the spirit realm.

in 1Cor.15, "then" those who are alive & remain will meet up with their loved ones in heaven too- bc Christ raised the dead.
The word "rapture" is not in the Bible. It's "harpazo" or "a catching up" spiritually to sit in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. That's all that would happen for the living.

What "rapture" really means is when we we die our spirits/souls are raptured to God in the spirit realm.

!thes4v16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

If we are (absent from the body and present with the lord) then what bodies are left to rise.

Who said anything about "physical" bodies rising? It's the spirit that returns to God who gave it. (Eccl.12:7)

2Cor.5:1 NKJV,
Assurance of the Resurrection

1 For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

Who said anything about "physical" bodies rising? It's the spirit that returns to God who gave it. (Eccl.12:7)

2Cor.5:1 NKJV,
Assurance of the Resurrection

1 For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
Paul in
Romans 8v10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the CREATURE waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the CREATURE was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the CREATURE itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

You seem to make the same mistake the so-called church "fathers" did in writing the creeds.
Jesus would return to raise the "quick & the dead" does not mean He literally & physically raises the living.

To "quicken" the living means something else & I'll post it in a second.

You have to be careful trying to understand Paul's writings.
Sometimes he refers to the "body" as the church- the "body of Christ." The analogy of the church "body" & its "members" being different but part of the same "body."

2Cor.5:1 was a perfect example of the body God will give us when we die & get to heaven. It's not the same physical body that goes to the dust.

To quicken the living is this when Christ raised the dead & quickened our spirits.
Eph.2:4-6 NKJV,
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

We don't regard anyone as living in the flesh bc flesh & blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God.

I hope I can help you decipher what Paul is saying in his writings. Even Peter told his audience that he knew some of Paul's writings were difficult to understand. (even for the original audience who were directly affected in 'that generation') ;)

I think a new thread should be started if you want to discuss a material kingdom in the afterlife.

2Cor.5:1 was a perfect example of the body God will give us when we die & get to heaven. It's not the same physical body that goes to the dust.

Then why was the Tomb empty?

by Hitch,
Then why was the Tomb empty?
How the heck should I know?!:tongue No just kidding.... Maybe it was bc He wasn't there:biggrin
Wouldn't you agree that Jesus' body in the grave did not see decay, as the scripture says? (Acts 2:22-31)

And do you agree with Gen.3:19, that the natural man returns to dust?

Then how do you reconcile our flesh literally being saved?

I believe Jesus had to show the disciples His wounded body as proof of His resurrection from the dead. If He would have been seen immediately in some spiritual form, then they would have said it was just His ghost. Am I right?

by Hitch,
How the heck should I know?!:tongue No just kidding.... Maybe it was bc He wasn't there:biggrin
Wouldn't you agree that Jesus' body in the grave did not see decay, as the scripture says? (Acts 2:22-31)

And do you agree with Gen.3:19, that the natural man returns to dust?

Then how do you reconcile our flesh literally being saved?

I believe Jesus had to show the disciples His wounded body as proof of His resurrection from the dead. If He would have been seen immediately in some spiritual form, then they would have said it was just His ghost. Am I right?
Then you're saying that Christ's dead body was resurrected ,yes?

The Holy Spirit will NOT be removed.

Re: Will the Holy Spirit be removed from the earth,as in 2Thess2v7.

Affirmative.
Rather, Negative.

The Restrainer, referred to as a "he" in II Thessalonians, holds back the mystery of iniquity (read: the spirit of the Antichrist). The early church held the restrainer to be a political power, most likely Rome (Acts 18:16), that restrained the Spirit of Antichrist that inhabited the Christ-rejecting nation of Judaea. The Rapture Cult, seeking to buttress their doctrine of the church's removal, developed the idea the restrainer is the Holy Spirit, who would then be removed with the church. Scripture never shows the Holy Ghost in a martial role, but the archangel Michael is frequently seen in the militant sort of spiritual warfare required to restrain the power inherent in the rejection of Christ (See Daniel 10).

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. (John 14:16, 26).

sojourner,

"Affirmative" was my answer to Hitch's question about Jesus' body being resurrected.

So I guess you agree with me then about the Holy Spirit. (see post #3)

Nero was "the man of sin" The mystery of iniquity was already at work. Agrippina would poison Claudius Caesar & Nero, her son, would become emperor.

How could ''Nero'' be the man of sin,he never sat in the Temple of God.
As in 2Thess2v4.
Which also means that Claudius couldn't have been the restrainer.
So the prophecy is still to come to pass at some time in the future.

God bless.....Ivanm

PEOPLE WHO DEFILED THE JEWISH TEMPLE BEFORE THE TIME OF St PAUL.
'Quote'
Antiochus Epiphanes (168 B.C.), who was king at Antioch, forbade the keeping of the laws of Moses. He defiled the temple in Jerusalem by sacrificing swine to idols and commanded the books of the law to be burned.
http://www.swedenborgdigitallibrary.org/sower/pr/Mac71.htm

'Quote'

In the year 70 B.C.E. Pompey the Great, a powerful Roman military leader, conquered Jerusalem, the capital of Palestine. Pompey defiled the Jewish temple, killed the priests, and ordered the Jews to begin worshipping the Roman gods. Most Jews resisted, but pressure to worship the Roman gods only mounted, and as the pressure increased, so did conflict within the Jewish community. Many Jews called for open rebellion against Rome, while others argued that Jews must be willing to adapt.
http://www.humanitas-international.org/holocaust/antisem.htm

http://www.templemount.org/destruct2.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back